Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wife was driving kids back from dinner tonight and I received a message from Bluelink to bring car in due to "possible condition with engine Control System has been detected". Check Engine light is on. Appointments at 2 local dealerships are available in 1-2 months. WTF!! Never encountered appointment backlog. Will bring car in regardless.
Call Corporate to make it an official case regardless. Get that official case number. Then record every event that happens between you, the corporate, and the dealership.

Just in case you need them in the future. The states has lemon laws so that's an advantage already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Call Corporate to make it an official case regardless. Get that official case number. Then record every event that happens between you, the corporate, and the dealership.

Just in case you need them in the future. The states has lemon laws so that's an advantage already.
agreed, I just signed the final paperwork to get mine lemoned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wife was driving kids back from dinner tonight and I received a message from Bluelink to bring car in due to "possible condition with engine Control System has been detected". Check Engine light is on. Appointments at 2 local dealerships are available in 1-2 months. WTF!! Never encountered appointment backlog. Will bring car in regardless.
Took to AutoZone for a code scan- Turns out it was code P0456 EVAP Small Leak. Took to dealership and within an hour, the fuel cap was replaced. Check engine light disappeared. Thank Goodness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Took to AutoZone for a code scan- Turns out it was code P0456 EVAP Small Leak. Took to dealership and within an hour, the fuel cap was replaced. Check engine light disappeared. Thank Goodness.
Glad to hear it wasn't anything major

·
Registered
4 Posts
On Christmas Day, Check Engine Light appeared again. That is twice in month of Dec. Same Engine Control System Error Message.
Took to a different Hyundai Dealership and now the Check Engine Light is indicating a Close Valve Canister issue. Parts ordered and car fixed today. Hoping no more Check Engine Light or I will call Corporate and have it lemoned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this message at ~1,500 miles on my ‘22 Tucson SEL. The check engine light, and sometimes the check oil light as well, appeared.

When only the check engine light is on, there are no noticeable issues. But when the check oil light is on too, the acceleration of the vehicle is drastically decreased! Like 0-60 mph in about 20 seconds

The dealership said they could service the vehicle at the earliest 4-5 weeks out! I pushed the issue and was able to get it in in 2 days. They said they fixed the problem by doing a “software update”(?).

Just 1 month and 1,500 miles later, the same exact issue has arisen — same error message, same dampened acceleration when both the check engine and check oil lights are on.

The dealership is again telling me they can’t service it for another 4-5 weeks. They seem unconcerned that my brand new vehicle is having this issue twice in a month. I am in the process of trying to get it serviced ASAP, and will update with any developments.

Any insights/comments/suggestions about this situation?
My 2022 Tucson just gave me the same warning. Canadian vehicle. 12,000 k. And it gets better. I’m in Florida 2,000 km from home.
mom trying to book an appointment at a Hyundai dealer down here. 2 weeks out is the best they can do. Not sure if it’s safe to drive in the meantime. I’m a little pissed off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this message at ~1,500 miles on my ‘22 Tucson SEL. The check engine light, and sometimes the check oil light as well, appeared.

When only the check engine light is on, there are no noticeable issues. But when the check oil light is on too, the acceleration of the vehicle is drastically decreased! Like 0-60 mph in about 20 seconds

The dealership said they could service the vehicle at the earliest 4-5 weeks out! I pushed the issue and was able to get it in in 2 days. They said they fixed the problem by doing a “software update”(?).

Just 1 month and 1,500 miles later, the same exact issue has arisen — same error message, same dampened acceleration when both the check engine and check oil lights are on.

The dealership is again telling me they can’t service it for another 4-5 weeks. They seem unconcerned that my brand new vehicle is having this issue twice in a month. I am in the process of trying to get it serviced ASAP, and will update with any developments.

Any insights/comments/suggestions about this situation?
😮 Had a very similar experience today that resulted in me broken down in the middle of a busy 3-lane highway. In a 1 mo. old 2022 Tuscon with less than 400 miles on it! This also happened about 75 miles from home so this POS is at a dealership there (Hyundai roadside assistance tows to the nearest dealership) and waiting to hear the verdict. Originally was told their next service appointment was in March!! WTH?! But they are squeezing us in this week on an “emergency appointment.” I’m just curious about anyone who has experienced this and had it fixed…. What level of confidence do you have in this vehicle now? I mean, even if it’s fixed, (which God knows how many weeks it will take to get parts and the work done), but then I will be kinda scared to drive too far from home. 😡 #LemonLaw

21 - 29 of 29 Posts