Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Premium
12 Posts
Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Premium in Quartz White with HTRACK and 2.5NA engine. Took delivery 6/16/22 and as of today just have over 600 miles on it in the few weeks since ownership. I don't have any complaints so far. I am loving everything about this Tucson with the exception of the Bose system. I am disappointed with how quiet the Bose system is. Have to crank it up to almost full volume level to get it loud, especially when driving with windows down. The base system in my previous car (2021 Hyundai Sonata SEL) was pretty loud on low volume levels, compared to this Bose system. I was lucky to be at the dealer the day this came in on the truck, so I was able to see it being delivered. Did all the paperwork but had to wait until the following day for the dealer to get it into their system and do what all they had to do to prepare it for delivery. I am coming from a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SEL, with Convenience Package, which I purchased brand new just 11 months ago. Funny story is I was on for an oil change on the Sonata when I saw the big rig pulling up with new deliveries and this Quartz White Tucson was one. The same salesman that sold me the Sonata a year (May 2021) earlier was there, and I struck up a conversation with him about it. Long story short they paid off my loan on the Sonata with about $2K over what I owed and was able to get me into this Tucson, using that $2K as a down payment. Lower interest rate than what I had on the Sonata and only raised my payment by $45. This was the fastest I've ever traded in a car. I like that I am sitting up higher now. The Sonata sat low. No regrets, complaints (besides the Bose system) or issues so far.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL w/Convenience
110 Posts
WOW. You had the same sales person a year later!! I bough a 2021 Sonata Limited November 2020. Decided to trade in in on a 2022 Tucson SEL with Convenience. Asked for the salesperson I bought from only to be told he left about a month after my sale. Fast-forward a year later. went back for an oil change on the Tucson...asked for my salesperson only to be told she moved on to property management!! I guess continuity is a thing of the past.

I'll post some pics of my Phantom Black soon

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 1388
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Premium in Quartz White with HTRACK and 2.5NA engine. Took delivery 6/16/22 and as of today just have over 600 miles on it in the few weeks since ownership. I don't have any complaints so far. I am loving everything about this Tucson with the exception of the Bose system. I am disappointed with how quiet the Bose system is. Have to crank it up to almost full volume level to get it loud, especially when driving with windows down. The base system in my previous car (2021 Hyundai Sonata SEL) was pretty loud on low volume levels, compared to this Bose system. I was lucky to be at the dealer the day this came in on the truck, so I was able to see it being delivered. Did all the paperwork but had to wait until the following day for the dealer to get it into their system and do what all they had to do to prepare it for delivery. I am coming from a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SEL, with Convenience Package, which I purchased brand new just 11 months ago. Funny story is I was on for an oil change on the Sonata when I saw the big rig pulling up with new deliveries and this Quartz White Tucson was one. The same salesman that sold me the Sonata a year (May 2021) earlier was there, and I struck up a conversation with him about it. Long story short they paid off my loan on the Sonata with about $2K over what I owed and was able to get me into this Tucson, using that $2K as a down payment. Lower interest rate than what I had on the Sonata and only raised my payment by $45. This was the fastest I've ever traded in a car. I like that I am sitting up higher now. The Sonata sat low. No regrets, complaints (besides the Bose system) or issues so far.
Love that color! Just curious about the Bose system volume issues. Have you tried adjusting the equilizier in the menu options . You should have some experience with it from your Sonata. Itmoght help boost the sound for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do feel the vehicle is underpowered for it's size. I realize they are trying to meet the fuel economy standards, but man, we could do with a bit more HP
Yeah, a turbo might have helped, but it seems they concentrated on the hybrid engine. The 2.5 was a known and reliable, although not fast, engine. Ours isn’t super fast in the Limited, but it gets the job done. I’ve had too many bad experiences with first year engine systems ( hybrid ) and just didn’t want to go through that again. As I’ve stated before, let Hyundai get the glitches and gremlins out the next two or there years, then we’ll look at the hybrids.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love that color! Just curious about the Bose system volume issues. Have you tried adjusting the equilizier in the menu options . You should have some experience with it from your Sonata. Itmoght help boost the sound for you.
Thanks for the color comment. The Amazon Gray was first choice but no dealer near me had any and didn't know when they would receive any so this white was my second choice. The only settings I've played with is the settings where you can turn up the bass, treble etc. I have them almost to the highest setting and it did help some. I may try it with all the settings to the max and see how that works. Even the auto volume up feature when driving barely increases the volume. I do notice a little increase as I accelerate but not very much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW. You had the same sales person a year later!! I bough a 2021 Sonata Limited November 2020. Decided to trade in in on a 2022 Tucson SEL with Convenience. Asked for the salesperson I bought from only to be told he left about a month after my sale. Fast-forward a year later. went back for an oil change on the Tucson...asked for my salesperson only to be told she moved on to property management!! I guess continuity is a thing of the past.

I'll post some pics of my Phantom Black soon
Yeah I was surprised he was still there myself. Many of the other sale staff that were there a year ago are no longer there but he's hanging in there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 1388
Have the exact trim and color with black interior. FWD was all that was available at time of purchase. Same complaint with the Bose. It is very weak. The piano black, as has been stated many many times is a dust magnet and impossible to keep clean. Got a stylus with a little rubber tip to avoid fingerprints. My MAJOR issue has been a cracked windshield😡 Other than that, so far so good. Stylish car with so many tech features my son calls it a spaceship.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the wireless Carplay/AA, vented seats, lighting, spaciousness, usefulness of the app and it being free for 3 years, overall look of the vehicle.

I dislike the weak engine, mediocre gas mileage, the placement of the center storage bin (seems too far back to me), there is a rattle inside the cabin that I cannot locate and it is driving me flippin' crazy, the cupholders are a bit small, the rear wiper, worst sounding "Bose" system I've ever heard (It's not horrible, but definitely not "premium" sounding), the fact that I have already had to bring it in twice, once for a broken license plate light assembly that is still not fixed, causing one of the lights above the plate to hang free, and once for a "There may be an issue with your Engine Control System" warning and check engine light. I have only had it 3 months and have 2600 miles on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the exact trim and color with black interior. FWD was all that was available at time of purchase. Same complaint with the Bose. It is very weak. The piano black, as has been stated many many times is a dust magnet and impossible to keep clean. Got a stylus with a little rubber tip to avoid fingerprints. My MAJOR issue has been a cracked windshield😡 Other than that, so far so good. Stylish car with so many tech features my son calls it a spaceship.
YES!!! That piano black is a true annoyance. I have to keep a terry cloth up front with me at all times to dust the console and wipe fingerprints. I did forget to mention that in my original review.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the wireless Carplay/AA, vented seats, lighting, spaciousness, usefulness of the app and it being free for 3 years, overall look of the vehicle.

I dislike the weak engine, mediocre gas mileage, the placement of the center storage bin (seems too far back to me), there is a rattle inside the cabin that I cannot locate and it is driving me flippin' crazy, the cupholders are a bit small, the rear wiper, worst sounding "Bose" system I've ever heard (It's not horrible, but definitely not "premium" sounding), the fact that I have already had to bring it in twice, once for a broken license plate light assembly that is still not fixed, causing one of the lights above the plate to hang free, and once for a "There may be an issue with your Engine Control System" warning and check engine light. I have only had it 3 months and have 2600 miles on it.
WOW! I haven't hit 1,000 miles yet so I hope once I start adding on the miles I don't have any of the issues that I am reading about from people that have a few thousand miles so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YES!!! That piano black is a true annoyance. I have to keep a terry cloth up front with me at all times to dust the console and wipe fingerprints.
Agreed.

I went from a 2016 Mazda 3 with a moderate amount of piano black trim in the interior to the Tuscon that has more inside & out.

I'll admit the P.B. trim looks good when it's clean, but we all know how long it stays clean.
(That's why I'll NEVER get a black vehicle ever again - once was enough...)

The necessary/frequent cleaning always leads to scratches eventually, unless there's some cleaning/detailing method I'm unaware of.

Here's my "likes/dislikes/room for improvement" from another thread:

Gas mileage has been 29 - 30 mpg in mixed driving so far - a lot better than I expected for a somewhat heavy, AWD Crossover with a ICE under the hood.
Interior is well laid-out, nicely designed and feels more premium than it should for the $$$
Comfortable ride & it handles better than it should IMHO.
Exterior design is classy/sporty/unique all at once.
Technology & safety features galore for the $$$

(major) Dislikes:

Nothing - if I had any major dislikes I probably wouldn't have purchased the Tucson.

Room for improvement:
(I was well aware of the following before purchasing and none were deal-breakers)

The engine needs a little more torque - another 30 - 40 lb. ft. would really help.
Even an extra 20 lb. ft. would register with the "Ass-O-Meter" and be a welcome improvement.

The center console should include some sort of removable tray/organizer from the factory.
The deep storage hole area of the Tucson (and 2022 Sonata) seems unfinished/cheap compared to the rest of the interior.
(This is easily solved with a $20 or so tray from Amazon - it was the 1st thing I purchased for both vehicles.)

Piano black trim inside/outside. It does make it look more expensive/premium but scratches are a constant concern.

The wheels are attractive but a little over-styled for me.

There's a LOT to like about the Tucson, and I'm loving mine so far... :cool:

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL w/Convenience
110 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coming from a Kona Ultimate, I do miss the throw you in the seat power from the turbo and the heads up display. My 2.5 limited just seams under powered, other than that I love mine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Coming from a Kona Ultimate, I do miss the throw you in the seat power from the turbo and the heads up display. My 2.5 limited just seams under powered, other than that I love mine.
I’ve read where those Kona’s have some kick to them. We’re happy with our acceleration so far. Had a short ramp to get up to speed in tight traffic. As soon as I put my foot in it, the Tucson took off, sounded good. No merging issues. That’s all I ask for in my 2.5.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts