Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dabbled with the idea or have actually modified the exhaust system to say a cat back exhaust or installing a nice sounding performance muffler? I noticed that the European models get the twin chrome muffler extensions. I have no idea why that wasn't done over here in the states because it really looks nice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
But you get a slightly longer car. I'd trade. I don't look at the back when I'm driving :D

Seriously, I think there'd be some reprogramming of the ECU needed. It's all tuned together these days.

Alan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But you get a slightly longer car. I'd trade. I don't look at the back when I'm driving :D

Seriously, I think there'd be some reprogramming of the ECU needed. It's all tuned together these days.

Alan
I currently have a 2011 Nissan Juke SL that I will be trading in on the Tucson Limited Hybrid. Before I got the ECU flashed by my UpRev dealer and put on the dyno, I installed a 2.5" catback exhaust, Injen CAI, Synapse BOV, Hallman manual boost controller, GTM hard IC pipes. It went from 188 HP and 177 Lbs ft torque to 230 hp at the wheels and 225 Lbs ft torque. What a difference! Before reflashing the ECU, it's always recommended that you install all the "goodies" first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I currently have a 2011 Nissan Juke SL that I will be trading in on the Tucson Limited Hybrid. Before I got the ECU flashed by my UpRev dealer and put on the dyno, I installed a 2.5" catback exhaust, Injen CAI, Synapse BOV, Hallman manual boost controller, GTM hard IC pipes. It went from 188 HP and 177 Lbs ft torque to 230 hp at the wheels and 225 Lbs ft torque. What a difference! Before reflashing the ECU, it's always recommended that you install all the "goodies" first.
On a Juke

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll be 'Follow'ing this thread, and will be enthused to see your results with similar mods and programming on your intended new hybrid. While it may not translate directly over to my wife's gasser, there may be interest in what upgrades as those can accomplish compared to its current 'uninspiring' engine performance.
And it may be as curious to others, but your 'before' figures with that Juke are within 1hp and 1ft.lb. difference from the base 2.5 ICE.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be 'Follow'ing this thread, and will be enthused to see your results with similar mods and programming on your intended new hybrid. While it may not translate directly over to my wife's gasser, there may be interest in what upgrades as those can accomplish compared to its current 'uninspiring' engine performance.
And it may be as curious to others, but your 'before' figures with that Juke are within 1hp and 1ft.lb. difference from the base 2.5 ICE.
Having the turbo in the Juke really gave it a good swift kick and even more so after the tune. The Tucson Hybrid's numbers are very close in horsepower that I have now but the torque is considerably more with the electric motors giving it an extra boost. I don't think I'll be doing any mods or tuning to the hybrid Tucson but was more interested in removing the stock muffler and installing one that sounds sportier without sounding obnoxious. A nice deep tone would be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts