Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really like our Tucson, drives great, excellent mileage, and lots of features.
But when I push the start button, with my foot on the brake, a knocking sound comes from the passenger side of the vehicle,. It actually knocks 3 or four times, and it sounds like someone is outside the car knocking on the door. Is anyone else experiencing this sound on their hybrid? Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue Trim
139 Posts
When you push the start button, relays close in the traction battery (passenger side of the battery case) that connect high voltage to the power conversion electronics under hood. Is that what you're hearing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply I’m not sure if that’s what I’m hearing. All I can say is it sounds like someone is knocking on the passenger door.
The other thing I’ve noticed is when you put the Tucson is park and let go of the brake it riocks/moves backwards a couple inches, you can really feel it in the car.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
453 Posts
Try applying the parking brake before you let go of the brake pedal. That is the recommended method of applying the parking brake and may eliminate the rocking. The knocking sound is probably normal. It tells you in the manual that you may hear noises when you power up and power down the car. It's not like the old days when if you turned the key the car was "off". Now , it's kind of like turning on and off a computer. The car goes through a startup and shutdown process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I’ll give that a try. I’ve never had to put the parking brake on in other cars I’ve owned so that it doesn't rock backwards in park. But that might be an easy fix. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.