Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 issues wirh my 2022 Tucson purchased in Feb., 2022:
1. The microphone is clearly on the drivers side and cannot hear the front passenger voice issuing commands. My husband & I deliver Meals on Wheels for seniors, and I use the GPS for addresses while my husband drives. Our 2016 Tucson didn't have this problem. Anyone else have this problem?
2. Many of the voice commands for operating interior functions are answered with " this function not supported", such as lower or raise windows, open sunroof, open liftgate, etc. I paid $40,000 for the top of the line LTD to get in car navigation and all those tech bells & whistles, which apparently don't work. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere because I can't find it?

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
At least while making deliveries, you might want to use (corded) Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. You would be giving commands via the phone, which could be in your hand or lap. In addition, the online maps are current. The downloaded maps for the onboard navigation system can be 12-18 months out of date.

There should be a list of voice commands in the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least while making deliveries, you might want to use (corded) Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. You would be giving commands via the phone, which could be in your hand or lap. In addition, the online maps are current. The downloaded maps for the onboard navigation system can be 12-18 months out of date.

There should be a list of voice commands in the manual.
I just updated the to the most recent map, but its accuracy is not the issue. The mic placement is the problem. If I wanted to use Apple Car Play, I would not have purchased onboard navigation. But I will give it a try and thanks for the tip.
Yes, there are voice commands in the manual which I have read extensively. I use the correct command and the response is "feature not suported''.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
121 Posts
I just updated the to the most recent map, but its accuracy is not the issue. The mic placement is the problem. If I wanted to use Apple Car Play, I would not have purchased onboard navigation. But I will give it a try and thanks for the tip.
Yes, there are voice commands in the manual which I have read extensively. I use the correct command and the response is "feature not suported''.
I would think that some voice commands are not supported because they are for specific markets ( European or Asian markets, perhaps - Korean particularly?).
Moreover, if you look in the manual, at the end of each table ("Call commands", "Radio Commands", "Vehicle control commands", etc.) you will see that it states "Some commands may not be supported, depending on the vehicle model and functions".
It feels "unfair", especially for the Limited model being "fully loaded"...hopefully, it can be addressed with a software update at some point, because it is already controlled electronically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think that some voice commands are not supported because they are for specific markets ( European or Asian markets, perhaps - Korean particularly?).
Moreover, if you look in the manual, at the end of each table ("Call commands", "Radio Commands", "Vehicle control commands", etc.) you will see that it states "Some commands may not be supported, depending on the vehicle model and functions".
It feels "unfair", especially for the Limited model being "fully loaded"...hopefully, it can be addressed with a software update at some point, because it is already controlled electronically.
Thanks foe the info.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
86 Posts
I have 2 issues wirh my 2022 Tucson purchased in Feb., 2022:
1. The microphone is clearly on the drivers side and cannot hear the front passenger voice issuing commands. My husband & I deliver Meals on Wheels for seniors, and I use the GPS for addresses while my husband drives. Our 2016 Tucson didn't have this problem. Anyone else have this problem?
2. Many of the voice commands for operating interior functions are answered with " this function not supported", such as lower or raise windows, open sunroof, open liftgate, etc. I paid $40,000 for the top of the line LTD to get in car navigation and all those tech bells & whistles, which apparently don't work. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere because I can't find it?
The microphone is in the overhead console on the LTD.

And there are actually two microphones.

On voice command screen select help, or say help for list of commands.

You can have it relearn you voice also if it can't figure out what your saying.

It don't like accents and you must speak clear proper English assuming a USA market Tucson.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
121 Posts
The microphone is in the overhead console on the LTD.

And there are actually two microphones.

On voice command screen select help, or say help for list of commands.

You can have it relearn you voice also if it can't figure out what your saying.

It don't like accents and you must speak clear proper English assuming a USA market Tucson.
Have you been able successfully use "Vehicle voice commands"? Not navigation or radio commands, but to open windows or sunroof? I am getting the same response "feature is not supported".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alan, would you be able to test/confirm that you can roll window(s) up and down and open sunroof by using voice commands? Thank you in advance!
I will check, but (a) I doubt it's a voice command and (b) why would I do that when it's quicker (with the windows) to just press the button.

Alan

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
121 Posts
I will check, but (a) I doubt it's a voice command and (b) why would I do that when it's quicker (with the windows) to just press the button.

Alan
Alan, I am sorry if it was too much to ask.
The only reason I asked you, because you are in "a different market" - Europe, and it was my understanding that Tucson for Europe even have folding side mirrors and if that is true, then your car may even have all those voice commands, that are listed in USA manual, actually working for you. Thank you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried telling it too open the drivers window and it worked. It took about 5-10 seconds for it to work out what I said.

I closed it manually as it was raining and that was much quicker :D

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
121 Posts
I tried telling it too open the drivers window and it worked. It took about 5-10 seconds for it to work out what I said.

I closed it manually as it was raining and that was much quicker :D
Thank you very much, Alan!
One more question - do you use Hyundai Bluelink service? You said that it took up to 10 seconds to close window and I am wondering if this is because your command actually goes to Bluelink servers ( to interpret the command?). I declined Bluelink subscription and wondering if voice based "more complicated" tasks do require Bluelink subscription and if so - that may explain why I am getting "feature is not supported" response to a number of vehicle voice commands ( including windows, sunroof, etc.)
Not sure why it would require Bluelink service being involved ( if at all) unless they really want to "know everything"...:unsure:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I do use the Bluelink service. I find it very useful as I can find an address on my phone and just send it to the car. I used to do this with my BMW and this is just as good.

Alan

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
Yes, I do use the Bluelink service. I find it very useful as I can find an address on my phone and just send it to the car. I used to do this with my BMW and this is just as good.

Alan
Side note - If you use Google Maps, on phone, PC, Mac, etc., to find an address or route then if you are using Android Auto that address/route will be displayed in the car.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Side note - If you use Google Maps, on phone, PC, Mac, etc., to find an address or route then if you are using Android Auto that address/route will be displayed in the car.
Or - if you save routes on your computer, phone app etc that will show in Android Auto.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts