Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice now we have parked the car leaving the rear windows down 2 -3" for ventilation only to return to the car with the horn blaring and 4 ways flashing. Doesn't happen with all the windows up tight. Any other's had this issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Twice now we have parked the car leaving the rear windows down 2 -3" for ventilation only to return to the car with the horn blaring and 4 ways flashing. Doesn't happen with all the windows up tight. Any other's had this issue?
It has a rear seat motion sensor. Leaving the windows down probably triggers something.

It is intended as a safety feature so you don’t leave a child or pet in the rear seat. There is a way to turn it off in the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the assist. Yes we turned off the rear safety alert and that has silenced the horn. Not really understanding why the rear seat alarm only works if a window is left partially down. I mean can't one just as easily forget that there's a kid or pet in the back seat with the windows all the way up???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the assist. Yes we turned off the rear safety alert and that has silenced the horn. Not really understanding why the rear seat alarm only works if a window is left partially down. I mean can't one just as easily forget that there's a kid or pet in the back seat with the windows all the way up???
Yes, you should get the reminder when the windows are up if there is a child or pet in the back seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not what I'm saying. My question is why does the horn blow only when a window or the sunroof is left slightly open when the rear seat alarm is set and the vehicle detects movement? If the windows are fully closed and the back seat alarm is set, the horn will not blow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Again, possibly the open windows are causing the sensor to think something has been left in the back seat. If the windows are closed, motion from the wind would not enter the vehicle making the sensor activate the alarm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts