Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I made the mistake of leaving my 2022 Limited PHEV idle for about a week while I traveled for business.

When I returned the car was simply inoperable. Key fob/digital key/ blue link were all down.

I got into the car with the manual key but finding no place to put said key I checked the owner's manual and it said when the engine doesn't start to hit the "battery reset switch". I couldn't find this switch for the life of me and when I called my local service they just weren't familiar enough with the car to help me.

They suggested roadside assistance come jump it and that is what happened. Lit up immediately as soon as he turned on the battery pack jumper. 27 miles on the battery and a full tank of gas. Can't help but think that if i Just had found or had access to this battery reset switch, I woudl've been golden.

Does it exist on the newer models or was it removed for some reason?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
94 Posts
Hi All,
I made the mistake of leaving my 2022 Limited PHEV idle for about a week while I traveled for business.

When I returned the car was simply inoperable. Key fob/digital key/ blue link were all down.

I got into the car with the manual key but finding no place to put said key I checked the owner's manual and it said when the engine doesn't start to hit the "battery reset switch". I couldn't find this switch for the life of me and when I called my local service they just weren't familiar enough with the car to help me.

They suggested roadside assistance come jump it and that is what happened. Lit up immediately as soon as he turned on the battery pack jumper. 27 miles on the battery and a full tank of gas. Can't help but think that if i Just had found or had access to this battery reset switch, I woudl've been golden.

Does it exist on the newer models or was it removed for some reason?

Thanks!
I have HEV - not PHEV and "Battery Reset " button is to the left of the steering wheel - see excerpt from the manual and a picture I just took. I hope PHEV may has such reset button as well.
Motor vehicle Font Screenshot Elbow Parallel

Vehicle Vehicle door Font Fixture Auto part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts