Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 new 2022 Hyundai Tuscons and on on front outside windshields it is cloudy no matter what we do. It has clear spots also. It makes it very hard to see in the rain at night. Is this something seen in anyone else’s Tuscon?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
122 Posts
We have 2 new 2022 Hyundai Tuscons and on on front outside windshields it is cloudy no matter what we do. It has clear spots also. It makes it very hard to see in the rain at night. Is this something seen in anyone else’s Tuscon?
Sorry, no - have not noticed this at all. Over 3000 kms now on our Canadian-spec Ultimate and still loving it!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
37 Posts
I'd give it a cleaning with Magic Eraser then follow with Invisible Glass and microfiber towel. This is if the cloudiness is on the exterior of the glass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's terrible. I don't have this on my Limited thankfully. What did the dealer recommend as a fix?
They tried everything yesterday but nothing worked. I still have to let detail try tomorrow because we have to go through everything. It is all over the window but there are clear spots in a few places. I’m requesting a new windshield because it’s so bad at night in the rain it’s almost not driveable, and I live in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They tried everything yesterday but nothing worked. I still have to let detail try tomorrow because we have to go through everything. It is all over the window but there are clear spots in a few places. I’m requesting a new windshield because it’s so bad at night in the rain it’s almost not driveable, and I live in the Pacific Northwest.
The dealer should know this, but confirm that all the through-the-glass sensors have been recalibrated if the windshield is replaced.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The dealer should just change the windshield. No big deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is happens to all cars.

Like what other said here, make sure you thoroughly clean it with auto glass cleaner, buff it out and make sure use the A/C when need to in a rainy scenario as moisture/humidity fogs up.

fogging up happens too during cold winter seasons

Sometimes the glass is not as clean in a manufacturing processes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sometimes the glass is not as clean in a manufacturing processes.
Funny you said that ... when we look up at the pano-roof at certain angles in the sunlight, we can see the marks left by the circular suction cups used to position the roof glass. I guess they don't clean the glass that well after manufacturing! LOL

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
37 Posts
Funny you said that ... when we look up at the pano-roof at certain angles in the sunlight, we can see the marks left by the circular suction cups used to position the roof glass. I guess they don't clean the glass that well after manufacturing! LOL
Haha. Mine too. I was wondering what those large circles were! I buffed them out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
of course they don't really clean them at the plant.

They are pumping out cars non stop per day, no one will have time to clean them.

Cleaning should be left at the dealers when they are doing the PDI.....just makes you think what did they really do when they charged you for that PDI fee, you would think a decent clean should be done...

·
Registered
122 Posts
of course they don't really clean them at the plant.

They are pumping out cars non stop per day, no one will have time to clean them.

Cleaning should be left at the dealers when they are doing the PDI.....just makes you think what did they really do when they charged you for that PDI fee, you would think a decent clean should be done...
PDI means they pull off most of the plastic - I found 4 extra pieces in my car. 😆

·
Registered
2022 Tucson 1.6l Turbo (Korean version)
2 Posts
i have the same situation with the round circles on the sunroof. Tried and tried to get rid of it (inside and out), no success yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts