Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid on July 11th, 2022 - it had 56 km on it - I drove it home. The next morning, the car was dead, the key fobs wouldn't even work. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle, they told me it wasn't their problem and to call Roadside assistance (not a very helpful and/or ethical car dealership - Queensway Hyundai in Toronto/Etobicoke - I have since filed a complaint with Hyundai Canada). Roadside assistance came and boosted the battery, the car was drivable but only for that one time/trip. The next morning same issue, a dead battery, this time the dealership wouldn't even take my calls. I had to call roadside assistance again - they came and boosted the vehicle, after which I promptly drove to the nearest Hyundai dealership (not Queensway). That was on July 13th, 2022, and that is where the vehicle was until October 27th, 2022, it registered 64 km on the odometer. I was told that there was a faulty battery module and because of supply chain delays, the part was unavailable in Canada - it needed to be manufactured and delivered from Korea. So, the battery module finally arrived at the dealership sometime around the 25th of October. After a couple of days of testing the car, the dealership had me pick up my vehicle. But this was not a happy ending - my car is back at the dealership for the same problem, a dead battery. I drove the car around and then home on the 25th of October, it had about 105 km on the odometer. I did not start the vehicle the following day but when I went to start it up on the 27th of October, it was dead! I called the repairing dealership; they immediately told me to call Roadside assistance and bring the car back to them for inspection (this is a very conscientious dealership, unlike the Queensway folks). Well, here I am on the 2nd of November, my car has been at the repairing dealership (for the second time) since last Saturday (the 27th October). Their mechanics have escalated my car's case to "high" technical services because they don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. To summarize: I have owned the 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid since July 11th, 2022, but I have only driven it 4-5 times - mostly to and from dealerships - and it only has 120 km registered on its odometer. This car has been sitting at a Hyundai service centre for months rather than in my possession.

· Registered
Ultimate hybrid, Amazon Grey
177 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid on July 11th, 2022 - it had 56 km on it - I drove it home. The next morning, the car was dead, the key fobs wouldn't even work. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle, they told me it wasn't their problem and to call Roadside assistance (not a very helpful and/or ethical car dealership - Queensway Hyundai in Toronto/Etobicoke - I have since filed a complaint with Hyundai Canada). Roadside assistance came and boosted the battery, the car was drivable but only for that one time/trip. The next morning same issue, a dead battery, this time the dealership wouldn't even take my calls. I had to call roadside assistance again - they came and boosted the vehicle, after which I promptly drove to the nearest Hyundai dealership (not Queensway). That was on July 13th, 2022, and that is where the vehicle was until October 27th, 2022, it registered 64 km on the odometer. I was told that there was a faulty battery module and because of supply chain delays, the part was unavailable in Canada - it needed to be manufactured and delivered from Korea. So, the battery module finally arrived at the dealership sometime around the 25th of October. After a couple of days of testing the car, the dealership had me pick up my vehicle. But this was not a happy ending - my car is back at the dealership for the same problem, a dead battery. I drove the car around and then home on the 25th of October, it had about 105 km on the odometer. I did not start the vehicle the following day but when I went to start it up on the 27th of October, it was dead! I called the repairing dealership; they immediately told me to call Roadside assistance and bring the car back to them for inspection (this is a very conscientious dealership, unlike the Queensway folks). Well, here I am on the 2nd of November, my car has been at the repairing dealership (for the second time) since last Saturday (the 27th October). Their mechanics have escalated my car's case to "high" technical services because they don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. To summarize: I have owned the 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid since July 11th, 2022, but I have only driven it 4-5 times - mostly to and from dealerships - and it only has 120 km registered on its odometer. This car has been sitting at a Hyundai service centre for months rather than in my possession.
Everyone's worst nightmare! So sad. Here's hoping the dealer can either figure it out or make it right with a replacement vehicle.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
55 Posts
That's brutal. It might be worth fighting Hyundai Canada try and get them to cover the monthly payments while your car was unusable.

Waiting that long just to have it not fixed is terrible. Making car payments on a vehicle you can't drive for months is equally bad.

Hope you're not looking at months again for a fix. Very bad luck.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Me think there s something draining your battery.
When they boosted your your car, did they do it from the front +.Some say you cannot boost this vehicle. Hope they find the problem. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts