Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Is there a Sport setting in Hybrid mode? I'm curious if the acceleration is improved over the regular Hybrid (not that the regular hybrid's is poor), in a similar manner to the Toyota rav4 Prime is sportier than the regular.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Limited Plug In ordered and scheduled for delivery beginning of Nov. I am in the NY metro area. The availability is VERY sparse. Most dealers have none. Many dealers that do have substantial add-ons. Here is what I have encountered:
Market adjustment-$1,000-$4,000
Document fee (by law $175 or less in NY, what the market will bear elsewhere). $699
Prep fee: $299
Tire & interior something or other: $2,000
So virtually all the dealers are getting 1-4K over MSRP.
I managed to find one dealer not devious or greedy who committed to MSRP + $175 doc fee. Will post recommendation after delivery, assuming all goes as planned.

·
Registered
Future PHEV Owner
9 Posts
I have a Limited Plug In ordered and scheduled for delivery beginning of Nov. I am in the NY metro area. The availability is VERY sparse. Most dealers have none. Many dealers that do have substantial add-ons. Here is what I have encountered:
Market adjustment-$1,000-$4,000
Document fee (by law $175 or less in NY, what the market will bear elsewhere). $699
Prep fee: $299
Tire & interior something or other: $2,000
So virtually all the dealers are getting 1-4K over MSRP.
I managed to find one dealer not devious or greedy who committed to MSRP + $175 doc fee. Will post recommendation after delivery, assuming all goes as planned.
I was worried about the 'market adjustment' here in Canada so when I placed my pre-order back in May I did so with 2 different dealerships.

Fast forward 5 months and S Korea has produced both vehicles and they are on the ship to Canada now :)

The first dealership tried quoting me $1500 over MSRP initially with a Doc Fee was $495 and a $1500 trade-in value on my old 2005 Tucson plus the $500 loyalty rebate.
When I told them I had more than one order, they changed their tone and I negotiated down to MSRP, waived doc fee and upped the trade in to $2000 + $500 loyalty.

Dealership #1 doesn't have a test drive car, but Dealership #2 does so I'm taking the PHEV out tomorrow and will hope to negotiate an ever better deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was worried about the 'market adjustment' here in Canada so when I placed my pre-order back in May I did so with 2 different dealerships.

Fast forward 5 months and S Korea has produced both vehicles and they are on the ship to Canada now :)

The first dealership tried quoting me $1500 over MSRP initially with a Doc Fee was $495 and a $1500 trade-in value on my old 2005 Tucson plus the $500 loyalty rebate.
When I told them I had more than one order, they changed their tone and I negotiated down to MSRP, waived doc fee and upped the trade in to $2000 + $500 loyalty.

Dealership #1 doesn't have a test drive car, but Dealership #2 does so I'm taking the PHEV out tomorrow and will hope to negotiate an ever better deal.
Good luck on negotiations. I think with supply issues here the MSRP price was about the best I could hope for. No trade in-my ‘13 is going to a family member. The local dealer (from whom I have purchase 6 Hyundais over the years) was unwilling to budge from their 1k over MSRP add ons. Additionally, the asked for a 3k non refundable deposit. Lots of absurd stuff in the marketplace.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts