Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Is there a Sport setting in Hybrid mode? I'm curious if the acceleration is improved over the regular Hybrid (not that the regular hybrid's is poor), in a similar manner to the Toyota rav4 Prime is sportier than the regular.

·
Registered
2022 Plug In Limited, Silver/ Gray.
109 Posts
I have a Limited Plug In ordered and scheduled for delivery beginning of Nov. I am in the NY metro area. The availability is VERY sparse. Most dealers have none. Many dealers that do have substantial add-ons. Here is what I have encountered:
Market adjustment-$1,000-$4,000
Document fee (by law $175 or less in NY, what the market will bear elsewhere). $699
Prep fee: $299
Tire & interior something or other: $2,000
So virtually all the dealers are getting 1-4K over MSRP.
I managed to find one dealer not devious or greedy who committed to MSRP + $175 doc fee. Will post recommendation after delivery, assuming all goes as planned.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Luxury PHEV
20 Posts
I have a Limited Plug In ordered and scheduled for delivery beginning of Nov. I am in the NY metro area. The availability is VERY sparse. Most dealers have none. Many dealers that do have substantial add-ons. Here is what I have encountered:
Market adjustment-$1,000-$4,000
Document fee (by law $175 or less in NY, what the market will bear elsewhere). $699
Prep fee: $299
Tire & interior something or other: $2,000
So virtually all the dealers are getting 1-4K over MSRP.
I managed to find one dealer not devious or greedy who committed to MSRP + $175 doc fee. Will post recommendation after delivery, assuming all goes as planned.
I was worried about the 'market adjustment' here in Canada so when I placed my pre-order back in May I did so with 2 different dealerships.

Fast forward 5 months and S Korea has produced both vehicles and they are on the ship to Canada now :)

The first dealership tried quoting me $1500 over MSRP initially with a Doc Fee was $495 and a $1500 trade-in value on my old 2005 Tucson plus the $500 loyalty rebate.
When I told them I had more than one order, they changed their tone and I negotiated down to MSRP, waived doc fee and upped the trade in to $2000 + $500 loyalty.

Dealership #1 doesn't have a test drive car, but Dealership #2 does so I'm taking the PHEV out tomorrow and will hope to negotiate an ever better deal.

·
Registered
2022 Plug In Limited, Silver/ Gray.
109 Posts
I was worried about the 'market adjustment' here in Canada so when I placed my pre-order back in May I did so with 2 different dealerships.

Fast forward 5 months and S Korea has produced both vehicles and they are on the ship to Canada now :)

The first dealership tried quoting me $1500 over MSRP initially with a Doc Fee was $495 and a $1500 trade-in value on my old 2005 Tucson plus the $500 loyalty rebate.
When I told them I had more than one order, they changed their tone and I negotiated down to MSRP, waived doc fee and upped the trade in to $2000 + $500 loyalty.

Dealership #1 doesn't have a test drive car, but Dealership #2 does so I'm taking the PHEV out tomorrow and will hope to negotiate an ever better deal.
Good luck on negotiations. I think with supply issues here the MSRP price was about the best I could hope for. No trade in-my ‘13 is going to a family member. The local dealer (from whom I have purchase 6 Hyundais over the years) was unwilling to budge from their 1k over MSRP add ons. Additionally, the asked for a 3k non refundable deposit. Lots of absurd stuff in the marketplace.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
105 Posts

hey buddy, unsure where in Canada you are from. However in Ontario, I just booked with a GTA dealer and got only 700$ Extra on top of the dealer invoice price.This is almost 2500 off the msrp. All in, cash price was 49220.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
236 Posts
hey buddy, unsure where in Canada you are from. However in Ontario, I just booked with a GTA dealer and got only 700$ Extra on top of the dealer invoice price.This is almost 2500 off the msrp. All in, cash price was 49220.
Did you do this through CarCostCanada?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you do this through CarCostCanada?
I took the unhaggle and car cost reports and sent the quote to 20 dealers in bcc. Mostly got 3-5 responses. This dealer actually was actually referred directly via car cost and he offered me a good price. I sent that out to the dealers to see if I am getting shafted somewhere! No one could beat it and the sales guy was very nice and transparent so went with him.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I took the unhaggle and car cost reports and sent the quote to 20 dealers in bcc. Mostly got 3-5 responses. This dealer actually was actually referred directly via car cost and he offered me a good price. I sent that out to the dealers to see if I am getting shafted somewhere! No one could beat it and the sales guy was very nice and transparent so went with him.
Thanks! Just wondered because the dealer I went to (in Ottawa) was the "preferred" one from CarCostCanada, but the day after my test drive, they emailed me saying they wouldn't honour the cost+ deal due to "low stock" and availability! This was near the end of May.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks! Just wondered because the dealer I went to (in Ottawa) was the "preferred" one from CarCostCanada, but the day after my test drive, they emailed me saying they wouldn't honour the cost+ deal to "low stock" and availability! This was near the end of May.
Yes, I think this guys is nice and carcost by itself isn’t a game winner. You can also do the unhaggle paid service (99$) where they have to honour. But I think I got lucky with the guy! I sent him a few other friends and sales since last week. I would recommend the email blast approach. May get lucky

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, I think this guys is nice and carcost by itself isn’t a game winner. You can also do the unhaggle paid service (99$) where they have to honour. But I think I got lucky with the guy! I sent him a few other friends and sales since last week. I would recommend the email blast approach. May get lucky
All good advice and appreciated but I’m out of the market now, having signed/ordered in May then taken delivery of our new Tucson HEV Aug 20th! Honestly, if we’d been able to tolerate waiting (thus down to 1 car indefinitely), I would have preferred the PHEV; plus, I wasn’t brave enough to buy a car without any test drive!

Reactions: EVDan

·
Registered
105 Posts
All good advice and appreciated but I’m out of the market now, having signed/ordered in May then taken delivery of our new Tucson HEV Aug 20th! Honestly, if we’d been able to tolerate waiting (thus down to 1 car indefinitely), I would have preferred the PHEV; plus, I wasn’t brave enough to buy a car without any test drive!
I 100% Agee! I am in the same boat, and hence waited a little too long honestly. I test drove the HEV 3 times and saw reviews out of Europe that they are very similar with just the extra electric range! Hence bit the bullet! Hopefully it arrives quickly and we like it! Hope you are enjoying the car and apologies, did not see the may date you mentioned earlier :)

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
147 Posts
I was referred to the CarCostCanada dealership in the GTA and felt that I was royally screwed by them. I should have gone with the APA instead. They wanted me to pay MSRP after waiting for 3.5 months and refused to negotiate price or do paperwork before the vehicle arrived citing low supply and high demand. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow but definitely not happy with the experience. They certainly had me by my jewels.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was referred to the CarCostCanada dealership in the GTA and felt that I was royally screwed by them. I should have gone with the APA instead. They wanted me to pay MSRP after waiting for 3.5 months and refused to negotiate price or do paperwork before the vehicle arrived citing low supply and high demand. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow but definitely not happy with the experience. They certainly had me by my jewels.
That’s pretty much what happened to me in Ottawa - not so happy with my so-called “membership”! I contacted CarCostCanada and someone finally left a message for me yesterday. I will call them back shortly to see what they say about it!

Please post here to keep us updated!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is insane! Can you let us know which dealership so it can be avoided. I thought they would sign papers and final price before hand right? I had one dealership basically screenshot their online price generator and say that’s the best price and even challenged me that the price I quoted to them was impossible from a dealer. Also car cost or unhaggle only provide a start point for the negotiation only. I wouldn’t trust any dealer unless I see the price on paper

·
Registered
127 Posts
So Hyundai USA just sent out information on the PHEV Tucson. I’m confused about the stated mileage as it is less than the regular Hybrid.

From their email:
“35 Combined MPG (gas). 421-mile total range based on a fully charged battery and a full tank of gas. All figures are EPA estimates and for comparison purposes only. Actual range and mileage will vary with options, driving conditions and habits, vehicle and battery’s condition and other factors.”

I regularly get 37-38 MPG on the Hybrid and close to 500 miles per tank. What’s wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is insane! Can you let us know which dealership so it can be avoided. I thought they would sign papers and final price before hand right? I had one dealership basically screenshot their online price generator and say that’s the best price and even challenged me that the price I quoted to them was impossible from a dealer. Also car cost or unhaggle only provide a start point for the negotiation only. I wouldn’t trust any dealer unless I see the price on paper
So I finally connected with the CarCostCanada customer service rep yesterday. She essentially said this is an unprecedented situation where dealers that usually have 400 or more cars on their lot, now have less than 50. Based on inventory shortages combined with pent up demand, they can’t be expected to uphold the “invoice + 1%” model that might have made sense in a previous business climate - I’m paraphrasing, of course.

In the end, she added a couple of free searches to my account due to my frustrations. Recognizing that all of this is now in my rearview mirror and that she was just a foot soldier powerless to do much more, I simply thanked her and said good bye.

·
Registered
127 Posts
all figures are good
PHEV has smaller gas tank 11gal against 14 gal
That PHEV battery is heavy , so they reduce tank
But that is dramatically reduced MPG. The 35 MPG figure is with a fully charged battery. First 35 miles is electric only. The RAV4 Prime has better range and overall MPG. Disappointing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
But that is dramatically reduced MPG. The 35 MPG figure is with a fully charged battery. First 35 miles is electric only. The RAV4 Prime has better range and overall MPG. Disappointing.
A great product that you can’t get for 2 yrs isn’t too meaningful to me. The Tucson PHEV might take 3-4 months from order to delivery, but it’s a far cry from the 2 years quoted me by Toyota dealers.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.