Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tucson phev is 25% less expensive also
I have not seen any real PHEV test drive reviews but it accelerates and smooth drives similar with prime I would accept less mpg
By the way 2 year long list for prime is prorated with current supply flow , if Toyota slightly shifts production towards Canada , it would be change timeframe
I ve heard that one Ontario dealer got 4 units since feb 21 and they have 16 in waiting list

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tucson phev is 25% less expensive also
I have not seen any real PHEV test drive reviews but it accelerates and smooth drives similar with prime I would accept less mpg
By the way 2 year long list for prime is prorated with current supply flow , if Toyota slightly shifts production towards Canada , it would be change timeframe
I ve heard that one Ontario dealer got 4 units since feb 21 and they have 16 in waiting list
Here you go

·
Registered
6 Posts
So Hyundai USA just sent out information on the PHEV Tucson. I’m confused about the stated mileage as it is less than the regular Hybrid.

From their email:
“35 Combined MPG (gas). 421-mile total range based on a fully charged battery and a full tank of gas. All figures are EPA estimates and for comparison purposes only. Actual range and mileage will vary with options, driving conditions and habits, vehicle and battery’s condition and other factors.”

I regularly get 37-38 MPG on the Hybrid and close to 500 miles per tank. What’s wrong with this picture?
I have had my PHEV Ultimate for a month. I messed around with it for the first few days and used a bit of gas. Driving sensible since then and I have over 1000 km and still have 3/4 tank of gas which like I said was basically used in the first week. It charges to say 53 Km of use and basically I have only went over the 53km a couple of times. It is an amazing car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had my PHEV Ultimate for a month. I messed around with it for the first few days and used a bit of gas. Driving sensible since then and I have over 1000 km and still have 3/4 tank of gas which like I said was basically used in the first week. It charges to say 53 Km of use and basically I have only went over the 53km a couple of times. It is an amazing car.
Glad to hear it fits your driving style of short trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i understand if you drive 50km on EV and next 50on HV mode , it could give around 3,5
What would be fuel economy if you drive on sport or smart with full charge battery engaged both engines

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in NW USA, many dealers are asking and apparently getting $3-$4K over MSRP on Tucson HEVs. I tried to bargain a month ago but walked. Instead I ordered a fully optioned 2022 Subaru Outback Touring. With VIP pricing & Loyalty coupon I am getting the Subie for $3,500K below MSRP. The Outbacks are in short supply also - none on may lots- mine will take about almost 3 months to arrive -- I hope!
I really liked the Tucson HEV, but in the end couldn't justify the price differential.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here in NW USA, many dealers are asking and apparently getting $3-$4K over MSRP on Tucson HEVs. I tried to bargain a month ago but walked. Instead I ordered a fully optioned 2022 Subaru Outback Touring. With VIP pricing & Loyalty coupon I am getting the Subie for $3,500K below MSRP. The Outbacks are in short supply also - none on may lots- mine will take about almost 3 months to arrive -- I hope!
I really liked the Tucson HEV, but in the end couldn't justify the price differential.
Sorry to hear that, what a rip off! That is not going on up here from what I know, I expected to pay close to MSRP because of the shortage but along with Fed rebate Prov rebate, loyalty and military discount I was happy, especially after I found out they wanted 12K more for a Rav4 Prime which I was offered and turned down for the Tucson. Enjoy your Outback, great car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered an Ultimate Plug-In Hybrid just after Thanksgiving (Canadian) and I am already climbing the walls waiting for delivery. I have owned 8 vehicles in my life and have never ordered one for a future delivery. I remember my dad ordering cars because you use to option them as you wanted them. Honestly I would have bought another Santa Fe, but in Canada they only option the Luxury trim and IMHO the lack of a large infotainment screen was the death of that decision.
I optioned my Amazon Grey Tucson with the light grey interior, but if anyone in the GTA ordered the Silver and maybe would want the Amazon Grey I would be open for a swap?

P.S. Please keep me apprised if someone finds a really good way of covering up that gawd awful piano black that dominates the interior! The Santa Fe PHEV's carbon fiber is sooo much nicer!

·
Registered
30 Posts
11/22 Update - Please see my post later in this thread. In the U.S. the Build Back Better Act as passed by the House drops the tax credit for PHEVs to ZERO!

The OP asked about the (U.S.) Federal Tax Credit. In the proposed infrastructure bill the tax credit for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV's) will drop to $4,000. Only pure Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV's) will get the full $7,500 tax credit. (Plus other potential incentives up to $12,500.)

[Source: Grant Thornton LLC]........Plug-in electric vehicles would generally qualify for a credit of $4,000, plus an additional $3,500 if battery capacity is 40 kilowatt hours or more and the gas tank holds less than 2.5 gallons. The battery requirement would increase to 50 kilowatt hours in 2027. The credit would be unavailable for vehicles exceeding certain price thresholds and for taxpayers exceeding certain income thresholds. (Democrats approach sweeping tax agreement)

I've contacted a number of automotive publications and my (progressive) congresscritter to try and get this changed. Please join me in this effort if you can. My arguments are that the reduced tax credit for PHEV's will tip people towards HEV's, reducing electrification and increasing carbon emissions. My suggestion is that the reduced tax credit for PHEV's be deferred until the build-out of charging stations reaches a certain level and/or the charging rate for BEV batteries increases to a defined level.

Congratulations to anybody who takes delivery of their PHEV in 2021.

·
Registered
79 Posts
P.S. Please keep me apprised if someone finds a really good way of covering up that gawd awful piano black that dominates the interior! The Santa Fe PHEV's carbon fiber is sooo much nicer!
FYI - EBay has some optional trim pieces for the Tucson HEV. Note - they look nicer than the paint black, but don’t fit properly. The passenger side arm rest didn’t have a cut out for the door lock. The center console item overhangs in odd spots… they may have other brands out since I looked five months ago.

Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ordered Limited PHEV on 10/2. Purchasing out of state. Checked with dealer today and they won't even speculate on availability.
Also purchasing out of state. Did a lot of calling of dealers within about 100 miles to find one who had what I wanted and was not doing “market adjustment” price gouging. Where are you located? Vehicle arrives this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI - EBay has some optional trim pieces for the Tucson HEV. Note - they look nicer than the paint black, but don’t fit properly. The passenger side arm rest didn’t have a cut out for the door lock. The center console item overhangs in odd spots… they may have other brands out since I looked five months ago.

Good luck
Hopefully something better gets produced.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
35 Posts

Good luck
Something like this?

edit: someone posted pics in the HyundaiForums

41 - 60 of 82 Posts