Something like this?

edit: someone posted pics in the HyundaiForums

Link doesn’t take to the item.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Something like this?

edit: someone posted pics in the HyundaiForums

I bought something like that on EBay. There was a noticeable edge overhang and the passenger side piece didn’t have cutout for the door lock button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey buddy, unsure where in Canada you are from. However in Ontario, I just booked with a GTA dealer and got only 700$ Extra on top of the dealer invoice price.This is almost 2500 off the msrp. All in, cash price was 49220.
Booked on 11/03/21 with 500$ deposit a Tucson Ultimate plugin White. All in, cash price was 48623. I'm in the Montreal area. Does someone know how to find out the scheduled assembly and delevery date ??

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
CORRECTION - The article linked below, and Forbes magazine, were wrong. The base tax credit in the U.S. for PHEVs will be $4,000. The tax credit for the Tucson Plug-in Hybrid will drop to $4,000.

In the U.S., in the Build Back Better (BBB) Act as passed by the House the tax credit for PHEVs is reduced to ZERO. Only PHEVs with a gas tank smaller than 2.5 gallons will receive a $4,000 tax credit.

Congress aims to revamp consumer incentives for plug-in electric vehicles

The BBB Act now goes to the Senate, where it can be modified. (There is no conference committee.) I am reaching out to as many Senators and publications as possible to try and enlist their aid to retain as much of the PHEV tax credit as possible. The points I am making are:
  • The Bipartisan Infrastructure bill that was recently passed and signed into law includes billions of dollars to kick-start the buildout of a nationwide EV charger network, but it will take years for the buildout to achieve any significant mass.
  • EV battery charging technology is improving, but charging is still a slow process.
  • Without a tax credit for PHEVs, and without a practical charging ecosystem for EVs, many potential buyers of PHEVs will buy Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) instead of PHEVs or EVs. This will actually reduce the amount of electrification in the U.S. auto fleet.
  • Any reduction in the tax credit for PHEVs should be deferred until the buildout of the EV charging network reaches a defined threshold and EV battery charging speed achieves a stated minimum.
It would be great to retain the current tax credit of up to $7,500 for PHEVs, but at a minimum a $4,000 tax credit should be provided.

If you are planning on buying a Tucson Plug-in Hybrid, please join me in contacting as many senators (and automotive publications) as possible and asking them to retain some or all of the tax credit for PHEVs. If one or both of the senators representing your state are Democrats, be sure to contact them as a constituent. I would suggest contacting Senators Schumer, Manchin, Merkley, Schatz, Warren and Booker. This League Of Conservation Voters scorecard might suggest other senators to contact. (Select Senate | Democrat | 2020 | Transportation and sort on the scores.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is there a Sport setting in Hybrid mode? I'm curious if the acceleration is improved over the regular Hybrid (not that the regular hybrid's is poor), in a similar manner to the Toyota rav4 Prime is sportier than the regular.
From what I have read, there is a sport mode on the plug in. The plug in hybrid's motor is almost twice as powerful as the hybrid's motor, but because of all the added weight of the plug in's battery pack, acceleration is not much better. That extra weight also affects the plug in's hybrid mode gas mileage, which is slightly lower than the hybrid version. If you use the car in electric mode often for short trips I imagine you will save on fuel, but you have to factor in what you pay for charging the batteries. Personally, I would worry about the gas engine performance long term with the plug in because if you use full electric mode often, you may drive around with a tank full of gas for months, resulting in your engine running on old gasoline. The hybrid system depends on almost instant startups of the gasoline engine to allow smooth transition from electric to gasoline power and old gas could affect those startups.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to make it clear, Quebec and Ottawa rebates of 6.5k combined will be substracted from total sale price of 48623 at delivery. IF the battery would be of 15kWhr or more (like Rave4 Prime) the total rebate would be of 13k !
Oh wow, so you will be paying 42k for the car? That’s insane, and you bought the phev? I thought the invoice price was 43.5k plus tax plus 2000$ Delivery etc so total is 51.5k. Msrp is 57k total before incentives.

at 48.5k this puts you under invoice and by a good margin. Good for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh wow, so you will be paying 42k for the car? That’s insane, and you bought the phev? I thought the invoice price was 43.5k plus tax plus 2000$ Delivery etc so total is 51.5k. Msrp is 57k total before incentives.

at 48.5k this puts you under invoice and by a good margin. Good for you.
Thanks Hasty Writer for your very positive comment. And yes, it is for an Ultimate Tucson Hybrid Plugin White model. I was myself very surprised when the dealer proposed me this price. I even have negotiated 3 years of oil change included !! You are now confirming that I've made a good deal :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Hasty Writer for your very positive comment. And yes, it is for an Ultimate Tucson Hybrid Plugin White model. I was myself very surprised when the dealer proposed me this price. I even have negotiated 3 years of oil change included !! You are now confirming that I've made a good deal :)
This is by far the lowest I saw and by a long shot! Unsure about Quebec, but in Ontario the invoice I got from the dealer included the federal tax rebate rolled in for the all cash price. Maybe just make sure you are going to get the incentives on top of the price they quoted. Congratulations again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is by far the lowest I saw and by a long shot! Unsure about Quebec, but in Ontario the invoice I got from the dealer included the federal tax rebate rolled in for the all cash price. Maybe just make sure you are going to get the incentives on top of the price they quoted. Congratulations again!
After reading your comment I've triple checked the "contract" signed with the dealer and it's what I wrote. Over and above that, this dealer was the one proposing the most for my actual car. But I'm not a foul, when the time comes in June to pick up my Tucson his offer may be quite different. It will be then up to me to decide if I seel it myself or trade it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After reading your comment I've triple checked the "contract" signed with the dealer and it's what I wrote. Over and above that, this dealer was the one proposing the most for my actual car. But I'm not a foul, when the time comes in June to pick up my Tucson his offer may be quite different. It will be then up to me to decide if I seel it myself or trade it in.
All the best! I really hope you get the deal (steal)! For once a customer is winning :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don’t have photos any longer. Deleted them after the seller refunded via PayPal and I didn’t need them.

This is the item I bought and if you look, the passenger side armrest only has one cut out when there should be two.

Bought it from “finedayshop” on EBay.

Did you end up removing them? I got the carbon fiber ones but never installed them. My brother works at a body shop and said the double sided tape will cure over time and will be a huge pain to remove and could do damage while removing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you end up removing them? I got the carbon fiber ones but never installed them. My brother works at a body shop and said the double sided tape will cure over time and will be a huge pain to remove and could do damage while removing.
I test fit before pulling the backing off the tape.

Saw that it wasn’t cut right and sent them back. Wrote to the seller that they had something on their site that wasn’t right. Didn’t get a reply after three weeks, saw they were still listed, and then notified EBay that the seller had junk listed. They magically disappeared.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts