Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid 2500 over msrp for my plug in Ultimate. I put in a factory order 4 weeks ago and the wait was going to be 6-8 months or even longer. A week after I put that order in I was on online at 4am and saw a dealer was getting a plug in for delivery in a month. I texted the salesmen to see if this was accurate and it was. Ran down there and put a deposit on it. It ended up showing up a week later. I was not crazy about spending 2500 over msrp but it seemed like a small price to pay not have to wait so long. I’ll make most of that money back in fuel savings. I have had it for two weeks now and have only used 1/8 of a tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid 2500 over msrp for my plug in Ultimate. I put in a factory order 4 weeks ago and the wait was going to be 6-8 months or even longer. A week after I put that order in I was on online at 4am and saw a dealer was getting a plug in for delivery in a month. I texted the salesmen to see if this was accurate and it was. Ran down there and put a deposit on it. It ended up showing up a week later. I was not crazy about spending 2500 over msrp but it seemed like a small price to pay not have to wait so long. I’ll make most of that money back in fuel savings. I have had it for two weeks now and have only used 1/8 of a tank.
It is illegal to sell vehicles above MSRP here in Cda however the loophole would be for dealers to tack on add’l add ons (accessories, paint protection pkgs, undercoat, tire & rim warranty, etc) and options to make more money and if you want them removed or didn’t want those they’ll just sell it to someone else. I personally wouldn’t pay any amount over MSRP even if I really wanted the vehicle badly (just IMO) but I get it in situations like current market where demand is more than supply…but still, unless you really really really need to have or replace your vehicle it is wiser to just wait it out as the cheapest one is still the current one you drive

81 - 82 of 82 Posts