Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you take the service tech for ride, you drive, not them. I drove to show them what it was doing because they can never reproduce the jerking,stumbling, missing, hesitating, however you want to describe this miserable vehicle when they drive! Even when I showed them what happens over and over again the Hyundai corporate technicians gave up and now said to come back when the vehicle has 5000 miles. I had 990 miles then and 1500 now, still the same if not worse! They said the vehicle has a 5000 mile break in period! B.S., Maybe for the engine rings to seat properly against the cylinder walls, but not the transmission to learn not to jerk around!

Took the first step with our Lemon Law and it looks like I'll be forced to take the next step later this week.
Okay, I hope things work out somehow. My problems started after the break in period and I followed the recommended guidelines to a T. These problems should have never made it to the dealership and I suspect Hyundai knew something was wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue of hard jerks with my 2022 Tucson SEL. Purchased in June. Jerking started the same week purchased - at 38 - 45mph. I just thought maybe they put cheap gas in it. Jerking continued. Took it into the dealership. Unable to replicate jerk. Reset adaptive driving. Hopeful this would work. NOT! Jerking started happening every single day. Randomly. Now it happens at 26 - 28mph. Filed a complaint with Hyundai Corp. Visit #2 to the dealership. Unable to replicate jerk - only driven for one mile. It does have a hesitation before the jerks where the rpms go up and then "hard" changes gear. Was told that this may be just how this transmission is and that I will have to deal with it until it gets worse. I am not willing to accept a hesitating, jerky transmission in a brand new vehicle!! I do not feel safe in this vehicle. Visit #3 scheduled for this week. Spoke with caseworker this morning and he told me they have to replicate it to do something about it. Perhaps I should do a ride along with the technician was his suggestion. I plan to do that. I will continue to take it in every week if necessary until it gets fixed. So disappointed in this issue. Like many others, I absolutely love the vehicle - when its not jerking.
UPDATE: Trip 3 to dealership for issue of jerking. Drove the vehicle with the Technician and it finally jerked - not hard as it normally does - but it did throw a code on the equipment hooked up to it! Praise Jesus! The Adaptive Driving thingy had been reset twice already. I am at my wit's end with this. Entirely too much money spent to have a nice care to have it in the Service Department Every week. Visit 1 was on August 3 - reset adaptive driving/unable to replicate. Visit 2 on August 13 - reset adaptive driving/unable to replicate. Visit 3 on August 19 - finally jerks with Technician riding along. I hope they are able to determine the cause and fix it. PERMANENTLY! Staying in contact with my caseworker at Hyundai Corp. Already sent him a message to know that it did show a code today! Don't give up! I know I won't! This is my money and my safety!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2022 AWD Perferred trim (Canada). We were having the same issue for best part of the week. Was getting really bad. Felt like there was no 2nd gear. Pulling away from a stop light the RPMs would go way up, but it would accelerate very slowly till it hit about 40 km/h then it would take off. Would also get a jerking when coming to a stop sometimes. Was def getting worse, we were waiting for it to be consistent enough to take it in when the check engine light came on and a message came on the screen that the transmission control needed a full system check (or something along those lines), dropped it off to the dealer this AM, will report back what they say.

Followup: they reported an "Internal fault" in the transmission, and they are completely replacing it. Got a loaner for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
UPDATE: Trip 3 to dealership for issue of jerking. Drove the vehicle with the Technician and it finally jerked - not hard as it normally does - but it did throw a code on the equipment hooked up to it! Praise Jesus! The Adaptive Driving thingy had been reset twice already. I am at my wit's end with this. Entirely too much money spent to have a nice care to have it in the Service Department Every week. Visit 1 was on August 3 - reset adaptive driving/unable to replicate. Visit 2 on August 13 - reset adaptive driving/unable to replicate. Visit 3 on August 19 - finally jerks with Technician riding along. I hope they are able to determine the cause and fix it. PERMANENTLY! Staying in contact with my caseworker at Hyundai Corp. Already sent him a message to know that it did show a code today! Don't give up! I know I won't! This is my money and my safety!
What was the code? Please tell us!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I’ve had my 2022 Tucson SEL with convenience for about six weeks now. I absolutely love this car, however; I’m noticing that while driving it jerks. It doesn’t matter if I am accelerating or if my foot is still in the same position on the pedal it will jerk randomly as I’m driving it. Also, when I’m accelerating from a stop sign or stop light the wheels kind of feel like they’re spinning/shaking and driving over gravel when I accelerate, before it actually starts and shifts gears. I brought my car into the dealership on Saturday and they told me that they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and that I was the first person to come in with this problem with the new 2022 Tucson. They would have to wait and see if other people are having the same issue or not. The service man told me that it may have something to do with the new eight speed transmission and how it operates, but unfortunately right now we just have to wait to see if other people will have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with their new 2022 Tucson? Any feedback would be great.

Sorry to hear about this. I have a 2022 Tucson SEL. I too am having issues with the transmission jerking. Usually occurs between 24 and 36 MPH and occasionally at approx 39 MPH. This occurs in Smart, Normal and Sport mode regardless of weather or if the engine is hot or cold and distance traveled does not make a difference. Very concerning. I have an appointment for next week so we will see what they say.

I wonder if Hyundai is aware of this issue and have realized it could be systemic with the 8-speed transmission.

If I would have been aware of this issue (my fault should have done more research) I would of considered a different vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I have a 2022 Tucson SEL. I too am having issues with the transmission jerking. Usually occurs between 24 and 36 MPH and occasionally at approx 39 MPH. This occurs in Smart, Normal and Sport mode regardless of weather or if the engine is hot or cold and distance traveled does not make a difference. Very concerning. I have an appointment for next week so we will see what they say.

I wonder if Hyundai is aware of this issue and have realized it could be systemic with the 8-speed transmission.

If I would have been aware of this issue (my fault should have done more research) I would of considered a different vehicle.
You should make a report to Hyundai Customer Care as to report this issue. I told everyone that has this symptom to report it, the more reporting the more it will get their attention.
My case was reported back in early June and has been escalated to their case supervisor, on top that I've made an open case with BBB Auto Online as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should make a report to Hyundai Customer Care as to report this issue. I told everyone that has this symptom to report it, the more reporting the more it will get their attention.
My case was reported back in early June and has been escalated to their case supervisor, on top that I've made an open case with BBB Auto Online as well.
Thank you sir. I have opened case with Hyundai directly and I am going to wait to see what the dealer says about this issue next week. Good idea on the BBB. Extremely concerning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At this point I’m starting to think it’s all a result of the shift logic Hyundai has baked in to the 8 speed in a quest of the greatest gas mileage. It shifts so early that it’s shifting before 2k a lot of times, and then it’s bogging hard and it’s locking and unlocking the torque converter, and that’s causing the RPMs going up and down and that bucking feeling.
I don’t know. Maybe I’m on to something or Im just grasping at straws.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please let us know if the dealer finds something. I would be very happy to have a check engine light or code shown to give the dealer a starting point of where to look.
Good luck!
Does anyone have an issue with keylesss entry on vehicle. Have to use the key as the eyeless touch Doesn’t always work

·
Registered
41 Posts
At this point I’m starting to think it’s all a result of the shift logic Hyundai has baked in to the 8 speed in a quest of the greatest gas mileage. It shifts so early that it’s shifting before 2k a lot of times, and then it’s bogging hard and it’s locking and unlocking the torque converter, and that’s causing the RPMs going up and down and that bucking feeling.
I don’t know. Maybe I’m on to something or Im just grasping at straws.
I agree that the transmission shifts way too early, but if this is programmed into the vehicle I would believe all of the Tucson's would behave the same. My Tucson didnt act up until 200 miles, drove fine.
When coming upon a red light with my foot off the accelerator just coasting I can sometimes feel a slight jerking motion, it's not the transmission downshifting that I'm feeling.
I'm also grasping at straws!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates? I got a 2022 Limited AWD last month, took it to the car wash and WHAMMO! Warning to check blind spot system and then it was jerking and misfiring while driving away. Drove a couple miles and turned the car off and did some shopping and whammo again! Check engine light on and message about the engine control system. The cherry? Now I have to wait until Sat for my brand new car to be serviced and I will not drive it while it is jerking, it is doing it on acceleration and deceleration...this is ridiculous!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I’ve had my 2022 Tucson SEL with convenience for about six weeks now. I absolutely love this car, however; I’m noticing that while driving it jerks. It doesn’t matter if I am accelerating or if my foot is still in the same position on the pedal it will jerk randomly as I’m driving it. Also, when I’m accelerating from a stop sign or stop light the wheels kind of feel like they’re spinning/shaking and driving over gravel when I accelerate, before it actually starts and shifts gears. I brought my car into the dealership on Saturday and they told me that they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and that I was the first person to come in with this problem with the new 2022 Tucson. They would have to wait and see if other people are having the same issue or not. The service man told me that it may have something to do with the new eight speed transmission and how it operates, but unfortunately right now we just have to wait to see if other people will have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with their new 2022 Tucson? Any feedback would be great.
I am also having this problem with my 2022 SEL, it started after around 700 miles were on the car, the transmission jerks at random times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any updates? I got a 2022 Limited AWD last month, took it to the car wash and WHAMMO! Warning to check blind spot system and then it was jerking and misfiring while driving away. Drove a couple miles and turned the car off and did some shopping and whammo again! Check engine light on and message about the engine control system. The cherry? Now I have to wait until Sat for my brand new car to be serviced and I will not drive it while it is jerking, it is doing it on acceleration and deceleration...this is ridiculous!
I get the same issue after going through the car wash. If I were to guess maybe the pressure from the water affects the sensors somehow. This definitely shouldn't be occurring in a new car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would take it to the dealer, have them run it through their car wash, if it acts up the master techs will see it first hand!
Of course they will be lost for an answer about what the fix is!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, here in Egypt we only have one version of the new Tucson it is the 1.6 litre turbo engine, 7 speed dry DCT transmission, should i buy this car?? I love its design and options but now I am afraid after reading ur reviews on the normal 8 speed automatic, does this mean that the DCT will be worse?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is a question for everyone , is this issue happening on all trim levels SE thru Limited? Or only SEL and Limited.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, here in Egypt we only have one version of the new Tucson it is the 1.6 litre turbo engine, 7 speed dry DCT transmission, should i buy this car?? I love its design and options but now I am afraid after reading ur reviews on the normal 8 speed automatic, does this mean that the DCT will be worse?
Hi there, I don't know about your engine/transmission model in Egypt but here in the States and in Canada, both countries are sharing the same issue with the 8 Speed transmission.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there, I don't know about your engine/transmission model in Egypt but here in the States and in Canada, both countries are sharing the same issue with the 8 Speed transmission.
Snowdog82, I also have the BBB involved with my 22Tucson jerking, sent my required paperwork in on 8/23/21. What date did you send in your paperwork? Have you talked to anybody directly from the BBB? I've never been able to discuss my vehicle with my Hyundai caseworker either by email,text,phone or smoke signal! I am hoping the BBB would reach out and call me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Snowdog82, I also have the BBB involved with my 22Tucson jerking, sent my required paperwork in on 8/23/21. What date did you send in your paperwork? Have you talked to anybody directly from the BBB? I've never been able to discuss my vehicle with my Hyundai caseworker either by email,text,phone or smoke signal! I am hoping the BBB would reach out and call me.
I sent my required documents on 8/11 for the BBB Auto Online and got response back stating that no other documents needed at this time on 8/19. But never got a phone call nor an email from anyone from BBB Online. And they got a response back from Hyundai customer care stating that I did reach out to them about my problem in my profile.
I believe since you open a case with BBB, it won't be long until you hear from your case manager. I have feeling they are blowing everyone off because why else I have gotten an email from 3 different case agent and now 2 different case manager/supervisor, something is odd about this.
Haven't heard a peep from them until BBB Auto Online sent them a letter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I sent my required documents on 8/11 for the BBB Auto Online and got response back stating that no other documents needed at this time on 8/19. But never got a phone call nor an email from anyone from BBB Online. And they got a response back from Hyundai customer care stating that I did reach out to them about my problem in my profile.
I believe since you open a case with BBB, it won't be long until you hear from your case manager. I have feeling they are blowing everyone off because why else I have gotten an email from 3 different case agent and now 2 different case manager/supervisor, something is odd about this.
Haven't heard a peep from them until BBB Auto Online sent them a letter.
I'm in Florida, what state are you in?.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts