Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I opened a case with Hyundai, got a stock answer to work with my dealer on the issue, I have an appointment coming up in 2 days, the jerking is very random, it hasn't happened the past few days, sometimes its worse than other times. When its really bad it feels like the car is struggling to accelerate, it seems to happen when I am accelerating from a stop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I opened a case with Hyundai, got a stock answer to work with my dealer on the issue, I have an appointment coming up in 2 days, the jerking is very random, it hasn't happened the past few days, sometimes its worse than other times. When its really bad it feels like the car is struggling to accelerate, it seems to happen when I am accelerating from a stop.
How long have you had the car? When did you frist notice the problem and what is you mileage?
Good luck. The standard repair try is to reset the adaptive transmission values, that was done twice on my vehicle and it's not the fix.
My guess is the won't be able to reproduce the problem, no codes thrown, everything is working as designed.
Keep us up to date on their findings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My first and last Hyundai. I have the Hybrid Limited in the US. It ran great for 4 weeks, approx 1,000 mi. Then, the 1.6T engine suddenly began sounding like a buzz box when accelerating under a load (usually uphill). It's like a pinging or rattling sound where maybe the engine is running too lean. Of course like others report, since no trouble codes are thrown you're sent away with the "no problem found" diagnosis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’ve had my 2022 Tucson SEL with convenience for about six weeks now. I absolutely love this car, however; I’m noticing that while driving it jerks. It doesn’t matter if I am accelerating or if my foot is still in the same position on the pedal it will jerk randomly as I’m driving it. Also, when I’m accelerating from a stop sign or stop light the wheels kind of feel like they’re spinning/shaking and driving over gravel when I accelerate, before it actually starts and shifts gears. I brought my car into the dealership on Saturday and they told me that they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and that I was the first person to come in with this problem with the new 2022 Tucson. They would have to wait and see if other people are having the same issue or not. The service man told me that it may have something to do with the new eight speed transmission and how it operates, but unfortunately right now we just have to wait to see if other people will have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with their new 2022 Tucson? Any feedback would be great.
Hi, I am having the same problem with my 2021 Hyundai Tucson, it's been doing this more and more frequently lately. I called the dealership and they told me they did not know what i was talking about and to take the car in on Wednesday morning. This happened to be on my 2014 Volkswagen beetle and the jerking just kept getting worst it took the dealership 1 week to figure out that it was something with the transmission and ended up telling me to just get rid of the car because it was way to expensive to have it repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’ve had my 2022 Tucson SEL with convenience for about six weeks now. I absolutely love this car, however; I’m noticing that while driving it jerks. It doesn’t matter if I am accelerating or if my foot is still in the same position on the pedal it will jerk randomly as I’m driving it. Also, when I’m accelerating from a stop sign or stop light the wheels kind of feel like they’re spinning/shaking and driving over gravel when I accelerate, before it actually starts and shifts gears. I brought my car into the dealership on Saturday and they told me that they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and that I was the first person to come in with this problem with the new 2022 Tucson. They would have to wait and see if other people are having the same issue or not. The service man told me that it may have something to do with the new eight speed transmission and how it operates, but unfortunately right now we just have to wait to see if other people will have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this with their new 2022 Tucson? Any feedback would be great.
I just bought the 2022 Tucson & am having the exact same issue!!! I also have an error popping up showing to check my blind spot safety system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 2022 Tucson in June and almost right away the transmission jerks, mostly from first to second gear, but now more consistently throughout driving. Since the issue is intermittent, the techs and the dealership say there’s nothing they can do. They’ve tried to replicate the problem without success. But they did say they have had several other customers with the same complaint. They also say there are no codes coming up. I’m at 4000 miles now and I’m so frustrated. I purchased a new car so I wouldn’t have to deal with these issues. My next step is to contact customer care.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Purchased 2022 Tucson in June and almost right away the transmission jerks, mostly from first to second gear, but now more consistently throughout driving. Since the issue is intermittent, the techs and the dealership say there’s nothing they can do. They’ve tried to replicate the problem without success. But they did say they have had several other customers with the same complaint. They also say there are no codes coming up. I’m at 4000 miles now and I’m so frustrated. I purchased a new car so I wouldn’t have to deal with these issues. My next step is to contact customer care.
I feel the same way. Definitely contact customer care to report this problem.
Update on my process with my complaint with Hyundai Customer Care agent/ Case supervisor in conjunction with the BBB Auto Online case. In my state for a lemon law to be process, I have to send a final repair attempt to Hyundai in California and I am in the process of doing that today then I will have to wait for them to schedule an inspection and/or an attempted to repair my transmission jerking issue and my steering wheel vibration problem. This is so far I have gotten to in my process to either repair the problem or a buyback. This process started back in June so we will see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys, here in Egypt we only have one version of the new Tucson it is the 1.6 litre turbo engine, 7 speed dry DCT transmission, should i buy this car?? I love its design and options but now I am afraid after reading ur reviews on the normal 8 speed automatic, does this mean that the DCT will be worse?
I had the 2016 Tucson Limited 1.6Litre with the 7 speed DCT and it worked fine. My son in law has it now. No problems. It was very peppy for a small engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Hyundai Tuscon Limited here. Last night while in Sport Mode I put the gas pedal down and... barely anything happened. It was kinda revving a bit, it was gaining speed a little bit, but it really wasn't accelerating. We often switch between normal and sport mode, as we go from city to highway driving often, and sport gives us that kick to get going on the highway. We turned the car off and on and it fixed the acceleration issue.

It started as the bucking/jerking at low speeds everyone is discussing here and then last night the lack of acceleration happened for the first time. This breaks my heart. We really loved this car.

The first 2022 Hyundai Tuscon the dealer sold us was a lemon, never made it off the lot, they said it was a broken part around the ABS that was faulty and they couldn't let us have it and Hyundai needed it back to investigate. They said it was a recalled part, but there are no recalls currently? They found us another comparable Tuscon, and now this weird jerky/acceleration issue is happening.

Will make an appointment with the dealer soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hyundai told my dealer to tell me not to use the shift modes or manually shift my car for the first 5k miles because it has a break in period and the transmission is learning!,

This is the BS they come up with when they just want to kick the can down the road!
2k miles on the car,3k to go and the car is still jerking! Lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hyundai told my dealer to tell me not to use the shift modes or manually shift my car for the first 5k miles because it has a break in period and the transmission is learning!,

This is the BS they come up with when they just want to kick the can down the road!
2k miles on the car,3k to go and the car is still jerking! Lol
Tuscon Joe, I am at 4100 miles right now and today on the way home from a local trip and as I was ascending up on the interstate from a mountain side and accelerating at 55mph, soon as I was trying to give the car a little gas, BANG, there's goes the jerkiness feely, enough that it woke up my daughter from her nap. Again continuing up the road a bit more, doing about 60mph then I decided to punch it to move a bit faster then again the jerkiness happened, this time I knew it was going to happen because I could hear and felt the engine holding the speed even after I tried to push really hard on the accelerator. Normally it does this at low speed at/around 30-35mph. I believe this vehicle doesn't behave normal up a hill and at low speed, it has always been a combination of those 2 scenario before the jerkiness/slamming of the engine/transmission happens, then this happens today on a road trip. You will notice this every time you ride up a hill.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2022 Hyundai Tuscon Limited here. Last night while in Sport Mode I put the gas pedal down and... barely anything happened. It was kinda revving a bit, it was gaining speed a little bit, but it really wasn't accelerating. We often switch between normal and sport mode, as we go from city to highway driving often, and sport gives us that kick to get going on the highway. We turned the car off and on and it fixed the acceleration issue.

It started as the bucking/jerking at low speeds everyone is discussing here and then last night the lack of acceleration happened for the first time. This breaks my heart. We really loved this car.

The first 2022 Hyundai Tuscon the dealer sold us was a lemon, never made it off the lot, they said it was a broken part around the ABS that was faulty and they couldn't let us have it and Hyundai needed it back to investigate. They said it was a recalled part, but there are no recalls currently? They found us another comparable Tuscon, and now this weird jerky/acceleration issue is happening.

Will make an appointment with the dealer soon.
When you do have an appointment with your dealer, please try to ask for a ride along diagnose because if you do drop it off they may not be able to replicate you problem like many of us, however there were some that had success from the technician to replicate the issue with a ride along. Try to ask them to test ride on a road/street that has a hill to climb and at low speed because that has been my problem all along, low speed and up a hill then the jerkiness happens. Wish you best of luck because right now as for me, I am in the middle of a process to Lemon Law my Tucson, I have to send Hyundai HQ a final repair attempt letter before my state lemon law can be effective.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Snowdog82, since my Hyundai case worker or their supervisor never bothered to get back to me about my case, I contacted my state Attorney General using the Lemon Law. They said that they contacted Hyundai and Hyundai would have 10 days to contact me and then have 10 days after to have a final attempt to fix the problem. Since Hyundai never made any attempt to contact me me about a final fix the next step in the process was to open a case with the BBB. The BBB got back to me and requested a copy of all the repair orders, 3 in my case plus a copy of the sales agreement. My case with the BBB shows "in process " when I check. The BBB will make a determination within 40 days (Oct. 2) I believe on what will be done with my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course it is, they don't know what's wrong and want to buy some time.
Two days ago I answered by email a bunch of questions my Hyundai case worker ask and told her that driving a car 5000 miles in hopes that it will fix itself is unsatisfactory!
I have no idea when the case worker will get back to me on this, she won't return my phone calls to talk which would be a nice since she gave me her number and extension in her email.
If we post all these issues on all the big social media, I'm sure case worker and Hyundai will take notice and respond.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was hoping that Hyundai would do the right thing and the case workers would do their jobs! Ignoring emails or phone calls from customers after Hyundai said they would get back to me in 2 or 3 days at the latest just shows how much they care about the customer after they purchase their vehicle!
I believe Hyundai trolls online forums, they are lost for answers on how to fix some problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are all these Tucsons the gas models with the 8 speed auto?? That is important to know because the Hybrids have a 6 speed auto made for Hybrids!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
As Tucson Joe says I wish they would do the right thing and respond to everyone issues or at least acknowledge they received it and /or working on a solution and yes we all bought their product. If they say about "America's Best Warranty" then they need to stand by their promise.and do the right thing for their customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are all these Tucsons the gas models with the 8 speed auto?? That is important to know because the Hybrids have a 6 speed auto made for Hybrids!!
For the most part, I believe it is all 8 speed transmission, I haven't heard anything from the hybrid owners.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought the 2022 Tucson & am having the exact same issue!!! I also have an error popping up showing to check my blind spot safety system.
That could do it if you have blind spot assist. It would cause the car to brake if you are on the line and there is a car on your left.
You should go online and open up a case number with Hyundai, the dealers are lost if they don't have a code.
My Hyundai case rep. just emailed me and wants all kind of information about the cars problem and any attempted fixes. I left her a message to call me so I can explain to what is exactly happening so far.

My car was built in Korea. I believe they are also built in South Carolina, if so, it could be an assembly plant problem.
All Hybrids are made in Korea, All gas models are made in Alabama. If you have a gas model it probably was made in Alabama

81 - 100 of 109 Posts