Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't mind going with an 18" wheel rather than the stock 19", OEM or aftermarket. The additional sidewall may be better for snow tires, and a bit more cushy for all-weather tires.

If anyone has been through this, please share your experience and sources. I believe these are the specs:

7.5Jx18:

Center Bore: 67.1 mm

PCD: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)

Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts

Wheel Tightening Torque: unknown

Thread Size: M12 x 1.5

Trim Production: [2021 .. 2021]

- Offset ET51mm

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
12 Posts
I was also considering going to 18" wheels for winter (versus the 17" fitment the dealer recommended) but in the end, decided to stick with 19" to preserve the current handling characteristics. As is, the OEM 19" tires don't ride that rough so I doubt it'll be a problem for the winter. Plus, 18" tires weren't any cheaper than the 19" ones from Costco.

Yes, 19" alloy wheels would cost more but I went with steel wheels since that "stripped down" look for winter doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Where did you buy the steel wheels? I doubt they would bother me.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
12 Posts
This is what I bought ... DTD 2009 951401 | FREE SHIPPING CANADA |DTD 2009 Steel Wheel Black - PartsEngine Canada

However, I'm in Canada, so you being in the USA may have different sources that may be closer or less costly.

BTW, the installation of my winter tires isn't scheduled until Oct 20th, but I did remove a front wheel to test the fitment. Since there was more than ample clearance, I didn't bother with checking the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts