·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Is it possible for an improperly tightened control arm bushing to cause this issue? Just watched this video
Following up....our ABS control module will be in Aug. 20th at the warehouses, then to the dealership. Will this be the fix? We shall see....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So, my dealer has finally admitted there is a problem. One of the mechanics got the wheel to shake. They tried to recalibrate the steering but that didn't fix the problem. I'll get an appointment when they open Monday.
Following up....our ABS control module will be in Aug. 20th at the warehouses, then to the dealership. Will this be the fix? We shall see....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Also the tech manager even mention that if I was not comfortable with the vibration long term he says they can road force balance the tires however that will cost me 130 dollars, of course I decline since it doesn't cover under the warranty and he did mention it will not fix the issue and not a long term solution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We will see indeed. An update with my case manager after a month and a half and got transferred to 2 different case agent then yesterday I got an email from them, this time it has been transferred/escalated to their manager because I sent a long detail compliant about my issues and complaint about their slow/lack of responses. Also I have open an case with their middle man call BBB Online as well because I got no results from their case managers. I guess we will see how my situation plays out.
I still loving the car and want to keep it however I need action from them since I bought this car with my hard earned money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Guess I shouldn't feel left out since I can't get my case worker or management to email me or return my phone calls.
Does your steering wheel shake/wobble at 60+ mph?
I would contact your sales person, they are directly responsible for your business.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My steering doesn't wobble, I was just making a comment that ,like Snowdog82, I can't get Hyundai case workers to respond to me about my problem I'm having.
I opened a Lemon Law case with my States Attorney General to resolve this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does your steering wheel shake/wobble at 60+ mph?
I would contact your sales person, they are directly responsible for your business.
RJaques, the vibration coming from the steering wheel does get noticeable above 55 mph especially at 70 mph on the interstate.
And speaking of salesperson, my salesperson would just refer me to their service department. Again once the purchase has been made and you leave the lot, they don't care as much because they are moving on to the next potential sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
RJaques, the vibration coming from the steering wheel does get noticeable above 55 mph especially at 70 mph on the interstate.
And speaking of salesperson, my salesperson would just refer me to their service department. Again once the purchase has been made and you leave the lot, they don't care as much because they are moving on to the next potential sale.
The sales staff has been good to us, very apologetic and want our return business. Maybe its because its our second car we have purchased there? Anyhow, hopefully the bugs get worked out soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The sales staff has been good to us, very apologetic and want our return business. Maybe its because its our second car we have purchased there? Anyhow, hopefully the bugs get worked out soon!
You are lucky to have a good salesman after the sale. I too hope they find everyone issues out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the update guys. Hopefully they figure it out soon. Could it be a bad steering shaft bearing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks for the update guys. Hopefully they figure it out soon. Could it be a bad steering shaft bearing?
To add to the list....could be a bad steering sensor, steering rack motor could be getting bad voltage causing it to "stutter' on center, and/or something in the "collision avoidance" programming is sending out bad data to the steering rack. Been working on cars for 40+ years. Newer they are, the more complicated it gets.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Okay, got my Tucson back! The "ESC, ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL" module was replaced. Car drives great now! Much "tighter!" It was NOT the "ABS" module. Steering is much improved!
So, go see your dealer service center and tell them to replace the "electronic stability control module!" Good luck! Thanks for your input, all of you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
You are lucky to have a good salesman after the sale. I too hope they find everyone issues out.
Okay, got my Tucson back! The "ESC, ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL" module was replaced. Car drives great now! Much "tighter!" It was NOT the "ABS" module. Steering is much improved!
So, go see your dealer service center and tell them to replace the "electronic stability control module!" Good luck! Thanks for your input, all of you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
So, my dealer has finally admitted there is a problem. One of the mechanics got the wheel to shake. They tried to recalibrate the steering but that didn't fix the problem. I'll get an appointment when they open Monday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
^ @RJaques - Just wondering... when the wheels were changed, were the tires also changed? Is it possible there's a defective tire?
/rb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm glad they were able to fix your Tucson! I hope that'll fix mine as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm back home and tried to manually get the steering wheel to shimmy on the highway. Jerking it quickly or wiggling it slightly did set off the steering wheel shimmy 5/6 times. I'm gonna bring it in after the long weekend and give an update after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love our 2022 Tucson Limited!
Its been in the shop now for 2 weeks due to steering wheel shaking at 60 mph and above. So far Hyundai has no clue what the problem is. Special techs were supposed to be sent out to diagnose the problem, but I have heard no word from service.
Anyone else have this steering problem?
Hi I bought my Tucson 2022 a couple of weeks ago. I took it in to the dealer last Wednesday because the steering wheel was shaking at 60 mph in the Smart mode but with cruise control on it Doesn’t shake. They Balanced the tires and couldn’t find a problem. I took it back today again and continues to shake but when the sec tech rode with me it did not shake. Now shaking again! It is intermittent and between 60 and 70. I am going to drive in normal mode for a couple of weeks and see if that changes things. At this point I am too at a loss!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts