Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hi I bought my Tucson 2022 a couple of weeks ago. I took it in to the dealer last Wednesday because the steering wheel was shaking at 60 mph in the Smart mode but with cruise control on it Doesn’t shake. They Balanced the tires and couldn’t find a problem. I took it back today again and continues to shake but when the sec tech rode with me it did not shake. Now shaking again! It is intermittent and between 60 and 70. I am going to drive in normal mode for a couple of weeks and see if that changes things. At this point I am too at a loss!
Get your "electronic stability control" module replaced.

·
Registered
Tucson HEV Exellence 2WD 230cv, Polar white, Lounge + Deluxe Packs (European version)
9 Posts
The vibration of the steering wheel in a known problem on the New Tucson here in Italy.
We have an open discussion in our forum and the major part of the undesired steering wheel vibrations have been solved with just a software update.

The vibration of the steering wheel is used to alert driver in several situations; ie
when the LKA (lane keeping assistant) is activated,
or when driving reverse and that back of the car could be in a danger position due to arrival of other cars,
and other ones

The not necessary vibration during the "normal" drive is a bug that the software update can solve

Ciao
Frengo

·
Registered
13 Posts
The vibration of the steering wheel in a known problem on the New Tucson here in Italy.
We have an open discussion in our forum and the major part of the undesired steering wheel vibrations have been solved with just a software update.

The vibration of the steering wheel is used to alert driver in several situations; ie
or when driving reverse and that back of the car could be in a danger position due to arrival of other cars,
and other ones

The not necessary vibration during the "normal" drive is a bug that the software update can solve

Ciao
Frengo
That's interesting. My LKA doesn't vibrate, it just steers back to the middle of the lane. I've had mine off for over a month now but experience the intermittent shimmy still. Hopefully the update fixes it though.

·
Registered
Tucson HEV Exellence 2WD 230cv, Polar white, Lounge + Deluxe Packs (European version)
9 Posts
LKA should be always on when you start the car.
With LKA in operation if you force the jump to another lane without using the direction light, you should have an acustic warning plus the streering wheel vibration.
You can have different reactions of the system according to your personal setup of the system (See the manual in chapter 7)
Another event that triggers the vibration of the steering wheel is when you start overtaking the vehicle in front of you.
Turn on the left direction light and the camera appears in the instrument panel (left).
If at that moment another faster vehicle arrives on the left, the system sounds an audible alarm and the steering wheel vibrates.
All this happens with the Tucson called here (Italy) Excellende which is the top of the range.

Ciao
Frengo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

and other ones

Ciao
Frengo
In America the "electronic stability control module" was defective on many vehicles. The wheel does not shake due to "LKA" or any other function. There was a known "short" in the module.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
That's interesting. My LKA doesn't vibrate, it just steers back to the middle of the lane. I've had mine off for over a month now but experience the intermittent shimmy still. Hopefully the update fixes it though.
As I said, its the "ESC" that is defective. There is a known "short" in many ESC modules delivered to the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Ciao
Frengo

61 - 67 of 67 Posts