Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Tucson Ltd - Media Calendar - This calendar widget is no longer displaying calendar information from my phone. Phone is connected to Bluetooth. I think (not sure) that this issue popped up after I installed the latest software Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I am not familiar with that feature, but two things to try.
If you took steps to get that widget synced, try Un syncing it or Un connecting that feature, and redo from start.

Or - you could try resetting the infotainment system.
I had to delete, then re-add both our phones for Android Auto to work after the update.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
148 Posts
As stated above, I deleted and re-added my S10 to Bluetooth and it worked. Unfortunately, the next time I started the car, no longer working.
So, to help, I think we need a little bit more information.
You said you have 2022 Tucosn Limited (same trim as I have) and as such - Android Auto is wired only.
So, if your phone connected to car Bluetooth ( which it does independently, even being connected via USB cable or not), Bluetooth connection is for audio only ( as you can see in phone Bluetooth settings).
Thus, I don't see any way to display anything data related ( which calendar widget is) - unless you use either wired connection or wireless dongle/adapter. Which one you use?
Now, independently of which one - and if you use, as I understood, Android Auto - you would need to make sure that in Android Auto settings on your phone you checked Calendar application to be enabled on Android Auto screen.
Then it will appear on car display as well ( when you go to Android Auto main menu).
I have wireless dongle and prior to it I used wired connection - my Google Calendar widget is always available to me - as soon as I added it in Android Auto on my phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, to help, I think we need a little bit more information.
You said you have 2022 Tucosn Limited (same trim as I have) and as such - Android Auto is wired only.
So, if your phone connected to car Bluetooth ( which it does independently, even being connected via USB cable or not), Bluetooth connection is for audio only ( as you can see in phone Bluetooth settings).
Thus, I don't see any way to display anything data related ( which calendar widget is) - unless you use either wired connection or wireless dongle/adapter. Which one you use?
Now, independently of which one - and if you use, as I understood, Android Auto - you would need to make sure that in Android Auto settings on your phone you checked Calendar application to be enabled on Android Auto screen.
Then it will appear on car display as well ( when you go to Android Auto main menu).
I have wireless dongle and prior to it I used wired connection - my Google Calendar widget is always available to me - as soon as I added it in Android Auto on my phone.
All of a sudden, last Saturday, the calendar widget started working. Unfortunately, yesterday, it stopped again. I even tried inputting the event by duplicating the exact information from Saturday's event (when calendar was working) and changing the date. Nothing I do seems to make calendar events display in the Tucson.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As stated above, the calendar began working on Saturday, July 2 but stopped working on Tuesday, July 5. Then, like magic, the app started working again on Wednesday, July 6. Continuing the saga, stopped on Thursday and continues not working into today.
To those of you who have been following this thread, I apologize for the ongoing submission of very similar information. Hopefully, we'll resolve the issue (HELLO HYUNDAI) and I'll disappear from this discussion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tried everything that has been mentioned and to no avail I can not get the calendar widet to display my upcoming events. Inside my widget it is showing my samsung account and below it MY Calendar is checked and cannot be unchecked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2022 Tucson Hybrid with the Nav installed on the Infotainment

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob, I think this is getting worse. Currently, the calendar works some days and not others. I'm duplicating events, just changing dates, and sometimes the event will appear and sometimes not. Same event, different day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I been trying for 4 days with no luck I have used different calendars and still no luck. What I don't understand is that when you open the calendar widget it showing my Samsung email address and the MY Calendar is checked and no other files are shown or the option to enter the more calendar files. I am beginning to think that the android wireless option is not working as advertised. If you come up with a solution please advise. The manual is almost useless and I could find no reference to the calendar widget.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may not be the best source of information for you, given how little success I've had. But a couple items that may help are to make sure you're using the Google Calendar. When you're entering a calendar event, make sure that you're entering it as an EVENT, and what little success I've attained was by using a gmail address. You're probably already doing these things, but I figure it's worth mentioning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK. I have some different information, but don't really understand it. Got into the Tucson this morning and checked the calendar. There were four vertical blue lines bouncing up and down and verbiage to the effect that searching for calendar data. I had never seen this before and it continued for a while, making believe that it was indeed searching. This message was then replaced by the following message.

Gadget Font Multimedia Electronic device Computer hardware

Sorry, I don't actually know how to add image, but hope you can get the idea. I have an issue with this advice. "No Linked Calendar. Add a calendar to be linked from the Bluelink app on your phone". I don't have, nor can I find, a Bluelink app on my phone. There is a Bluelink section within "MyHyundai" app, but nothing where I could add a calendar to be linked. If any of this make sense to anyone reading this (and I wish that more people were reading), please let me know.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Hyundai had someone monitoring these forums and helping resolve issues like this. This vehicle is my fourth Hyundai SUV and the first that I've been unhappy with. Help me - PLEASE.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
OK. I have some different information, but don't really understand it. Got into the Tucson this morning and checked the calendar. There were four vertical blue lines bouncing up and down and verbiage to the effect that searching for calendar data. I had never seen this before and it continued for a while, making believe that it was indeed searching. This message was then replaced by the following message.

View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444

Sorry, I don't actually know how to add image, but hope you can get the idea. I have an issue with this advice. "No Linked Calendar. Add a calendar to be linked from the Bluelink app on your phone". I don't have, nor can I find, a Bluelink app on my phone. There is a Bluelink section within "MyHyundai" app, but nothing where I could add a calendar to be linked. If any of this make sense to anyone reading this (and I wish that more people were reading), please let me know.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Hyundai had someone monitoring these forums and helping resolve issues like this. This vehicle is my fourth Hyundai SUV and the first that I've been unhappy with. Help me - PLEASE.
I don't have that feature so no first hand knowledge. I see this as advice how to do it.
"Go to Utilities/my profile/my driver settings/calendar settings."

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
148 Posts

View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444 View attachment 1444

The image you sent, shows Hyundai "native" split screen - means, this Calendar is "belong" to Hyundai, not to your phone.
It also shows that you have Bluelink service active and Calendar ( in image you provided) is driven by Bluelink app.
I declined Bluelink service and thus - don't know what calendar Bluelink service uses, but it may very well be that Bluelink app may have its own calendar or may be linked to Google calendar or Samsung Calendar.
In any case, Calendar in image you provided - is NOT belong to Android Auto calendar and, I think, you use Android Auto - even you never answered a question if you do use Android Auto.
Means, you connect your S10 phone to the car data port via USB cable and project your phone available/configured apps in "Android Auto" settings. Do you?
If so - what calendar you use on your S10 - is it Google calendar? Is it Samsung calendar?
Should I assume that you already checked and added Google calendar to "Android Auto" on your phone? If you did so - then Google calendar WILL appear on the list in Android Auto Menu when you connect your phone to your car via cable ( or wireless adapter but that is different "game" to talk about) and you can find it on Android Auto menu projected to your infotainment screen but NOT in split mode.
Please, clarify if you use Android Auto, if you connect your phone by cable or via wireless adapter, if you use Google Calendar or Samsung calendar ( which I doubt you will be able to add to Google Android Auto app).
I think when we have a little bit more information - we can help to address this issue - it really should be not too complicated, as it may look like.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
106 Posts
I use Apple iOS. In the Bluelink app, choose My Profile, scroll down to My Driver Settings and choose. You'll see the screen I have below. Under Calendar Settings, enable Calendar Sync. Works fine for me.
Product Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use Apple iOS. In the Bluelink app, choose My Profile, scroll down to My Driver Settings and choose. You'll see the screen I have below. Under Calendar Settings, enable Calendar Sync. Works fine for me.
View attachment 1445
Hello all,
View attachment 1445
The image you sent, shows Hyundai "native" split screen - means, this Calendar is "belong" to Hyundai, not to your phone.
It also shows that you have Bluelink service active and Calendar ( in image you provided) is driven by Bluelink app.
I declined Bluelink service and thus - don't know what calendar Bluelink service uses, but it may very well be that Bluelink app may have its own calendar or may be linked to Google calendar or Samsung Calendar.
In any case, Calendar in image you provided - is NOT belong to Android Auto calendar and, I think, you use Android Auto - even you never answered a question if you do use Android Auto.
Means, you connect your S10 phone to the car data port via USB cable and project your phone available/configured apps in "Android Auto" settings. Do you?
If so - what calendar you use on your S10 - is it Google calendar? Is it Samsung calendar?
Should I assume that you already checked and added Google calendar to "Android Auto" on your phone? If you did so - then Google calendar WILL appear on the list in Android Auto Menu when you connect your phone to your car via cable ( or wireless adapter but that is different "game" to talk about) and you can find it on Android Auto menu projected to your infotainment screen but NOT in split mode.
Please, clarify if you use Android Auto, if you connect your phone by cable or via wireless adapter, if you use Google Calendar or Samsung calendar ( which I doubt you will be able to add to Google Android Auto app).
I think when we have a little bit more information - we can help to address this issue - it really should be not too complicated, as it may look like.
thank you
I been trying for 4 days with no luck I have used different calendars and still no luck. What I don't understand is that when you open the calendar widget it showing my Samsung email address and the MY Calendar is checked and no other files are shown or the option to enter the more calendar files. I am beginning to think that the android wireless option is not working as advertised. If you come up with a solution please advise. The manual is almost useless and I could find no reference to the calendar widget.
View attachment 1445
View attachment 1445
I tried to reply to the next post from Shark, but couldn't activate the reply prompt. In any event, I think I've finally resolved the issue (also, I've thought that I had resolved this about three time previously). Actually, i think that the solution has been posted in a few of the above contributions, but I couldn't comprehend. Some basic info, my phone is a Samsung 10, running on Android Version 12. Many of the above posts recommended opening the Bluelink app and modifying the Profile section. I immediately rejected this advice because I don't have a Bluelink app (even though I use Bluelink options to start vehicle). After reading the "Shark" post, below, the light went on (even though he was using Apple Play)' I opened the "MyHyundai" and began scrolling. At the bottom left of this app, see three horizontal lines and the word "Utilities". On the next screen, select "My Profile" >Drivers> My Driver Settings> Calendar Settings. Check the box to the right calendar of settings and save. I did this Friday night and everything seems to be working properly now. Thanks to all of the commentators adding to this conversation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About a week ago, I wrote that I had finally resolved this issue (fourth time I thought I resolved it). Unfortunately, I've resolved nothing. The thing that bothers me the most is the randomness of the calendar display. When I thought I fixed the problem last week, the calendar worked perfectly for a couple days. Then it began to show the first event of the day and nothing about later events. Now I'm back to either "no events" or "no linked calendar".

Has anyone had any success with this issue? I accept that this isn't the greatest problem in anyone's life, but I really expect to get what I paid for. If a function is included in this $40K vehicle, I'd like that item to perform.

If anyone who joins this conversation has been successful making the calendar work, please tell me what I'm doing incorrectly. I'd really like to drop the vehicle off at the dealership with instructions to notify me when they fix this. Once again, HELLO HYUNDAI, CAN YOU HEAR ME.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not many recent additions to this conversation. I still haven't had any success with this. I decided to go to "Hyundai USA.com", hoping for useful advice. I sent 3 messages through the website and finally received a response to "call the customer service number" to reach someone who could help. I followed that advice and after a significant amount of time on the phone (felt like the tech had a list of possible questions and read back the answers). Conversation was unsuccessful and the tech suggested that I ask a college kid or someone younger for help because these kids are really good at this stuff. Thanks a lot Hyundai.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts