Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
can anybody who did the update with a usb stick verify if the usb data port is 3.0 or is it only 2.0
Would make zero difference to the user as to what USB stick to use. If you have a 3.0 stick use it, either the port is 3.0 and data will flow a little faster, or it isn't 3.0 and the 3.0 stick will work at 2.0 speeds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can vouch as one barely up to the beginning 20% of this century's tech, but I can imagine that I along with the poster would be interested whether there's such thing as any program that needs the minimum of usb 3.0 to even function properly. Lest the 'really-tough-lesson-to-learn' from many decades back in having a floppy or 3 1/2" or even ZIP disk getting slammed in its slot and quite impressively giving the hapless poor pc (or Tandy, or Commodore) an MI and thus bricking the whole computer. Or, in this case the fear would be the car.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Nothing on that infotainment system needs 3.0. And having 3.0 does not mean faster speeds if the system isn't capable of using it. We don't know that the system can or can't, or if the port is 3.0 or not. Updating maps theoretically could be faster with 3.0 over 2.0, but that is not a given or how much faster is not a given because the capability of the system is also a factor.

I know I can use Android Auto, both the maps and an app at the same time no problem through the USB port when I tried, before going to wireless.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On a slightly different note, after updating last week, today the nav system took me to the location of a store in a nearby town that would have been correct several years ago. So much for the update!

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
On a slightly different note, after updating last week, today the nav system took me to the location of a store in a nearby town that would have been correct several years ago. So much for the update!
Somewhere in the literature I read that it can take up to a year for the mapping company to incorporate and distribute updates, and then another period of time for Hyundai to package the update and distribute it. I've encountered (not terribly new) roundabouts that the Hyundai nav system didn't know about. This is why I use Google Maps via Android Auto. The maps are in "the cloud" and kept current.

·
Registered
14 Posts
super frustrating. Said it could update after engine turned off. Nope.
So, drove around for 45 minutes for it to update only to get to the end and tell me the files are corrupted and start all over.

Do you really have to have the car on for the entire 45 minute update?

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
124 Posts
You can park it and try in accessory mode, I've read some people do that. The engine won't be on, but there will be battery use

21 - 27 of 27 Posts