Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Tucson receiver hitch 2" for bike racks, etc. I've not heard back from Drawtite nor Curtis Maybe if additional owners contact them, they'll accelerate getting one to market.

etrailer.com | Contact, Shipping and Ordering Information

Maybe they can purchase a Hyundai 1.25" to get the mount frame points?

1.25" from Hyundai: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Trailer Hitch (L146)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The problem is, the hitch from the dealer costs $400. I will definitely send a request to the other companies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is, the hitch from the dealer costs $400. I will definitely send a request to the other companies.
Thank you. The hitch I see as available from Hyundai in US is a 1.5" (or 1.25"). No 2" listed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. The hitch I see as available from Hyundai in US is a 1.5" (or 1.25"). No 2" listed.
True. I could have sworn that I saw a 1.25 and a 2” at one point but the next time I checked I only saw the 1.25

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can confirm that the 2021 version does NOT work for the 2022. The 2022 version needs more vertical space to clear the bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From etrailer

Class III 2 Trailer Hitch Receivers Available For A 2022 Hyundai Tuscon

Question:
Looking for a 2” trailer hitch for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid
asked by: George B
Checkmark Icon
Helpful Expert Reply:
There are 2 Receivers that are available for you 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Both receivers are 2" class III receivers and are rated for a maximum of 525lbs of tongue weight and a trailer weight of up to 3,500lbs.

The Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver # DT22MR will have a slightly more visible cross tube but will include a mounting tab for the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C94WR as the cross tube will be less visible. It does not have a tab for mounting the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Tekonsha T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118812 for a 4-way flat wiring connector. This is required for most of your small trailers to control the lighting circuit of the trailer. You can also use Auxiliary Lights # C53201 if your bike rack or cargo carrier obstruct the view of your taillights. A Mounting Bracket # will attach the 4-way to the Draw-Tite receiver while the Curt receiver will also need an additional Mounting Bracket # 18140.
helpful expert reply by: Gregory M
Gregory M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts