Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Tucson receiver hitch 2" for bike racks, etc. I've not heard back from Drawtite nor Curtis Maybe if additional owners contact them, they'll accelerate getting one to market.

etrailer.com | Contact, Shipping and Ordering Information

Maybe they can purchase a Hyundai 1.25" to get the mount frame points?

1.25" from Hyundai: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Trailer Hitch (L146)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From etrailer

Class III 2 Trailer Hitch Receivers Available For A 2022 Hyundai Tuscon

Question:
Looking for a 2” trailer hitch for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid
asked by: George B
Checkmark Icon
Helpful Expert Reply:
There are 2 Receivers that are available for you 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Both receivers are 2" class III receivers and are rated for a maximum of 525lbs of tongue weight and a trailer weight of up to 3,500lbs.

The Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver # DT22MR will have a slightly more visible cross tube but will include a mounting tab for the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C94WR as the cross tube will be less visible. It does not have a tab for mounting the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Tekonsha T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118812 for a 4-way flat wiring connector. This is required for most of your small trailers to control the lighting circuit of the trailer. You can also use Auxiliary Lights # C53201 if your bike rack or cargo carrier obstruct the view of your taillights. A Mounting Bracket # will attach the 4-way to the Draw-Tite receiver while the Curt receiver will also need an additional Mounting Bracket # 18140.
helpful expert reply by: Gregory M
Gregory M

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have a photo of either a factory installed OEM hitch or a installed aftermarket hitch on 2021 Tucson? If so please post them for all to see the difference.
The nice thing about most OEM hitches is that they are usually neatly tucked in beneath the bumper & fascia for good ground clearance & almost invisible. Most aftermarket hitches hang lower & are fully visible so they rear end just doesn't look as neat & clean. For that reason, I am generally willing to pay the extra for the factory installed unit.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
124 Posts
I just ordered the Draw-Tite hitch and Curt wiring package. The Curt hitch looks a little more hidden and frankly a nicer design, but I need a hitch now and Curt was out of stock till almost February. I'll post back with pics when I get it installed, need it for a bike rack

·
Registered
47 Posts
I needed the 1 1/4" box, not a 2" box, so I got the OEM hitch. It looks looks fine, but would not say that the receiver is nicely tucked away. I actually went back to make sure everything was mounted tight against the frame, and it is. The round cross tube is very nicely hidden. Center of the hitch is about 13 1/2" above the ground.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
'22, Tucson hybrid, SEL convenience
82 Posts
I just put the Curt hitch on ours. Fits well. Concerning 1 1/4 vs 2" receiver, you can get an adapter to reduce from 2" down (one came with my bike rack), so 2" might be more versatile.

There's also more discussion of the hitches in this other thread:

·
Registered
1 Posts
From etrailer

Class III 2 Trailer Hitch Receivers Available For A 2022 Hyundai Tuscon

Question:
Looking for a 2” trailer hitch for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid
asked by: George B
Checkmark Icon
Helpful Expert Reply:
There are 2 Receivers that are available for you 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Both receivers are 2" class III receivers and are rated for a maximum of 525lbs of tongue weight and a trailer weight of up to 3,500lbs.

The Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver # DT22MR will have a slightly more visible cross tube but will include a mounting tab for the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C94WR as the cross tube will be less visible. It does not have a tab for mounting the trailer wiring.

I recommend the Tekonsha T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118812 for a 4-way flat wiring connector. This is required for most of your small trailers to control the lighting circuit of the trailer. You can also use Auxiliary Lights # C53201 if your bike rack or cargo carrier obstruct the view of your taillights. A Mounting Bracket # will attach the 4-way to the Draw-Tite receiver while the Curt receiver will also need an additional Mounting Bracket # 18140.
helpful expert reply by: Gregory M
Gregory M
Thank you Gregory! You confirmed my research. Will these two also fit the 2022 Tuscon PHEV?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts