Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an occasion to get under the hood yesterday, washer fluid needed filled. Wow, the hood is very heavy, no springs to hold it up, and very dark, no light to see what you're doing. Thought Hyundai would have solved this very simple problem, they haven't.

·
Registered
'22, Tucson hybrid, SEL convenience
80 Posts
I don't find it that heavy, but yes, they cheaped out and used a prop rod instead of hood shocks. Since most people don't ever bother to look under the hood, check their oil, or even know how to top off their washer fluid, I doubt many will complain. So I guess Hyundai cheaped out where they could get away with it.

The good is that it closes easily if you drop it from a foot or so. No messy fingerprints or hand dents to worry about .:)

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited, Phantom Black/Black
8 Posts
I was a little shocked to find out that my new limited had the hood of my car from 98. I mean my 2014 Chevy Equinox LS had the hood shocks.

I was also a little shocked to pour a 1/2 bottle of washer fluid into my day-old car, thought that would have come filled.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't find it that heavy, but yes, they cheaped out and used a prop rod instead of hood shocks. Since most people don't ever bother to look under the hood, check their oil, or even know how to top off their washer fluid, I doubt many will complain. So I guess Hyundai cheaped out where they could get away with it.

The good is that it closes easily if you drop it from a foot or so. No messy fingerprints or hand dents to worry about .:)
Well, I'm older and smallish, 125#, hood seemed very heavy to me, and then without the spring loaded keep, and doing it one handed.....it did close well no doubt, no light is very cheap I agree.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a little shocked to find out that my new limited had the hood of my car from 98. I mean my 2014 Chevy Equinox LS had the hood shocks.

I was also a little shocked to pour a 1/2 bottle of washer fluid into my day-old car, thought that would have come filled.
I have a older GMC Jimmy, 2001, and it has a engine compartment light! The fluid that came in the car was a soapy, foamy version, didn't care for it at all, made a mess.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
187 Posts
Hood is heavy I agree. I have not owned a car with a light under the hood for something like 35 years. Even then it was of limited use you really need a flashlight anyway imo.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
Hood is heavy I agree. I have not owned a car with a light under the hood for something like 35 years. Even then it was of limited use you really need a flashlight anyway imo.
and the glove box light. They cut back where they can

1 - 11 of 11 Posts