Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (Crimson Red, on order)
93 Posts
Micah Muzio (I believe that was my source...) explained it as Hyundai desiring their maps being the default, where obviously the iOS and Android developers won't allow that.
I heard the same thing on the Motormouth YouTube channel; it is a licensing issue, not a technical issue. Apple and Google won't do wireless unless their garbage map apps are the default. (I call them garbage maps because they don't show scales, automatically re-scale themselves even if you don't want them to, and gobble up your data plan.)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I heard the same thing on the Motormouth YouTube channel; it is a licensing issue, not a technical issue. Apple and Google won't do wireless unless their garbage map apps are the default. (I call them garbage maps because they don't show scales, automatically re-scale themselves even if you don't want them to, and gobble up your data plan.)
I hope Hyundai is able to use WI-FI to update the wireless issue without having to go to the dealership.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
Is it true on the 10,5" you can't listen to terrestrial radio or the built in SXM if you are using AA? Thought I saw someone post that. On the 8" AA integrates with all the infotainment functions.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I hope Hyundai is able to use WI-FI to update the wireless issue without having to go to the dealership.
My guess is, if it can be done it would be with an update just like we already do. Otherwise I see it as a hardware deficiency something that would not be just "fixed."

·
Registered
132 Posts
If they are still using the same 10.25" screen as the current Hyundai and Kia models, then it doesn't have the hardware to do wireless.
There are 3rd party USB dongles that allow you to use wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
643 Posts
If they are still using the same 10.25" screen as the current Hyundai and Kia models, then it doesn't have the hardware to do wireless.
There are 3rd party USB dongles that allow you to use wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
2023 Tucson with navigation will be wired only.

No more Premium package, most of those items will be standard in the SEL, some even in the SE.

Some Limited only Safety items will be standard on all models, some on the SEL.

N line will get panoramic roof

·
Registered
643 Posts
Btw - apparently there are two versions of the 2022 Tucson. From the U.S. plant starting from approx October 2021 there was a change, and in Korea approx staring in September 2021.

My dealer has my car designated as a 2022 and then a (.5) Of course I asked about it and they said it was not an official designation but there was a change in manufacturing.
The newer version has a few different parts, and made a change that has a better crash rating according to the service manager.

Then I found this - from the NHTSA site.
"Overall Front Star Rating Front Driver Side Footnote: These ratings apply to vehicles produced in Hyundai’s Ulsan Korea plant on or after September 6, 2021 and on or after VIN KM8JCCA13NU034692. These ratings also apply to vehicles produced in Hyundai’s HMMA United States plant on or after September 27, 2021 on or after VIN 5NMJCCAE0NH050752

·
Registered
302 Posts
Btw - apparently there are two versions of the 2022 Tucson. From the U.S. plant starting from approx October 2021 there was a change, and in Korea approx staring in September 2021.

My dealer has my car designated as a 2022 and then a (.5) Of course I asked about it and they said it was not an official designation but there was a change in manufacturing.
The newer version has a few different parts, and made a change that has a better crash rating according to the service manager.

Then I found this - from the NHTSA site.
"Overall Front Star Rating Front Driver Side Footnote: These ratings apply to vehicles produced in Hyundai’s Ulsan Korea plant on or after September 6, 2021 and on or after VIN KM8JCCA13NU034692. These ratings also apply to vehicles produced in Hyundai’s HMMA United States plant on or after September 27, 2021 on or after VIN 5NMJCCAE0NH050752
I’m just glad they’re including seat belts and brakes in all the models now!🤪😜😳😀

·
Registered
643 Posts
You don't want wireless AA/ACP... trust me! I have a 2022 Tucson Hybrid and the wireless has been nothing but trouble! So, until they come up with a solid, reliable update, stick with the wired AA/ACP.
But you have a radio not working correctly in more than one area. Most people who updated no longer have Android Auto wireless problems. I don't know about Car Play.

·
Registered
30 Posts
But you have a radio not working correctly in more than one area. Most people who updated no longer have Android Auto wireless problems. I don't know about Car Play.
ACP problems continue on the wireless front for many, even after the update. I’d rather not have Bluelink and valet mode that suddenly disappeared after the update than continue to have ACP wireless issues. I rarely use Bluelink and couldn’t care less about valet mode.
I’m still working on finding a Bluelink fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ACP problems continue on the wireless front for many, even after the update. I’d rather not have Bluelink and valet mode that suddenly disappeared after the update than continue to have ACP wireless issues. I rarely use Bluelink and couldn’t care less about valet mode.
I’m still working on finding a Bluelink fix.
So, after more playing in the Engineering Mode, I realized that the "Telematics" option in the "Variant Coding" / "AMP" menus was switched to "OFF". I assume this happened during the most recent firmware update that I recently went through. Anyhow, I turned this back to "ON" and regained Bluelink, as well as Valet Mode, and Notices. I am now running CPU Config 1, which enables wired ACP and now I have Bluelink back, so I am back in business with my 2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Conv!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts