Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my 2023 Tucson Hybrid blue trim (HEV not PHEV) for about a week (LOVE IT). I commute a little over 100 miles round trip to work and this car has actually made my life easier compared to my Armada which was rapidly falling apart. To/from work in Colorado on I-25 I'm seeing 32-39 mpg (depending on conditions, how fast I'm going etc..).

However, coming down out of the mountains on I70 I was able to do this haha ;)

Attachments

· Registered
397 Posts
Let me guess. Your
I've had my 2023 Tucson Hybrid blue trim (HEV not PHEV) for about a week (LOVE IT). I commute a little over 100 miles round trip to work and this car has actually made my life easier compared to my Armada which was rapidly falling apart. To/from work in Colorado on I-25 I'm seeing 32-39 mpg (depending on conditions, how fast I'm going etc..).

However, coming down out of the mountains on I70 I was able to do this haha ;)
user name is 12345, so your password is 54321? Just curious.

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
1,059 Posts
I have used some of the gas since refueling, but wanted to show the average I was getting across my owning the vehicle. At 11k miles, I just feel it should be a better average.
We can't help you if you insist on getting somewhere near what is on the window sticker.... :ROFLMAO:

As a non Hybrid owner reading many many posts on this subject I really think alot of factors are coming into play. It does seem the Tucson Hybrid is getting less then many thought it would, though I do see some getting near it.

Hybrids are more prone to varying mpg than an ICE for a variety of factors as has been discussed. But cold weather and terrain do make quite a difference. With 11,000 miles you should have seen better mileage at some point.

· Registered
16 Posts
We can't help you if you insist on getting somewhere near what is on the window sticker.... :ROFLMAO:

As a non Hybrid owner reading many many posts on this subject I really think alot of factors are coming into play. It does seem the Tucson Hybrid is getting less then many thought it would, though I do see some getting near it.

Hybrids are more prone to varying mpg than an ICE for a variety of factors as has been discussed. But cold weather and terrain do make quite a difference. With 11,000 miles you should have seen better mileage at some point.
Hence why I am here in a forum, discussing with other owners. It is nice to see different members have varying experiences across the board.

The only gripe is the vast disparity in what is on sticker, as a brand new owner and what is reality.

I insist on nothing more than sharing my experience.

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
1,059 Posts
Hence why I am here in a forum, discussing with other owners. It is nice to see different members have varying experiences across the board.

The only gripe is the vast disparity in what is on sticker, as a brand new owner and what is reality.

I insist on nothing more than sharing my experience.
Hope you realize that was a joke... Irony... wry humor...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts