Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'll be getting a 2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited in white exterior with black interior (though I wanted gray :( ), and I am hoping for some accessories recommendations! I will be doing long-distance traveling with a dog that sheds A LOT, and will be transporting many cats (in carriers) as well. My last car became disgusting within weeks, so I'm trying to keep this new car in as good as condition as possible for as long as possible. I had a hammock in my old car, but fur still found its way underneath it. I'm also looking for cool decals to go on the decal, since I find white exteriors very boring.

Please let me know if ya'll have recommendations! Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are quite a few items on the Hyundai website. Your biggest issue is going to be the pet hair and dander that will stick out like a sore thumb on all the piano black surfaces. I would highly recommend weathertech floor mats and cargo area cover as the pet hair won't look good in the OEM carpeted ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are quite a few items on the Hyundai website. Your biggest issue is going to be the pet hair and dander that will stick out like a sore thumb on all the piano black surfaces. I would highly recommend weathertech floor mats and cargo area cover as the pet hair won't look good in the OEM carpeted ones.
I looked at the Hyundai site, and they didn't have many options available :( I am definitely investing in the Weathertech stuff though.
I really wanted the grey interior because of that hair problem you mentioned, but it sounds like there's at least a 6 month wait for one, and my current car has a busted transmission so I can't really wait that long :( Trying to make do with the black.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Having accumulated both a long-running record of online purchasing myself, together with recording the experiences of others regarding their online purchasing, I have never ordered from the source referenced above:

Product Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Having accumulated both a long-running record of online purchasing myself, together with recording the experiences of others regarding their online purchasing, I have never ordered from the source referenced above:

View attachment 1166
Thank you for your research.
I have been ordering from aliexpress for several years and have had generally good experience. You need to understand that they are like Shopify - a marketplace for independent sellers. As such, one may encounter isolated instances of problems, but in my experience sellers have generally been quick to respond (allowing for time zone differences) to questions or concerns.
Yes, some of the stuff you find is cheap crap, but a lot is the same exact product you see on Amazon, except less expensive since you're cutting out the middleman.
In the case of the full cargo area protection, I haven't found that elsewhere & I especially like that it protects the sides from getting scratched.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have been ordering from aliexpress for several years and have had generally good experience. You need to understand that they are like Shopify - a marketplace for independent sellers. As such, one may encounter isolated instances of problems, but in my experience sellers have generally been quick to respond (allowing for time zone differences) to questions or concerns.
Yes, some of the stuff you find is cheap crap, but a lot is the same exact product you see on Amazon, except less expensive since you're cutting out the middleman.
In the case of the full cargo area protection, I haven't found that elsewhere & I especially like that it protects the sides from getting scratched.
Thanks for your reply, and perfectly concur with your assessment and perspective. Mine is carefully framed to project just my own experience and decisions based on the basic formula; (sometimes lower price + sometimes greater displayed options and variety) - (unacceptably high record of documented 'issues' - extended delivery delay(s), phantom deliveries, boycotted communications, refused returns, wrong shipped items) = NOPE.
However, through extremely careful scrutiny of the bot quality of reviews, excess critical thinking expended on specs and details, and more deductive reasoning than it's worth to study exact wording within a given listing, I could probably come up with above average success separating the 'legit independent merchants' from the rest of the spammer-scammer-troll-bot-'and even more malicious elements' using that site. But my BP, sleep and wallet are worth much more to me than the statistically high probability of added aggravation and other detracting features connected with a purchase there. Most important factor being that as a subsidiary of Chinese-owned Alibaba, purchases are not covered by provisions of US consumer protections.

Happy, and careful, and safe shopping all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get a small tactical LED flashlight for emergencies.
Great Idea, Jay. And whatever you do if you have a spare (or have a hybrid/EV and want one) get a legit breaker bar and a 21mm deepwell. The oem jack appears to be stout enough for at least several uses. But while that toy lug wrench might be fine as a jack handle, it's just plain unfit for getting the nuts off:

Digital camera Light Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Idea, Jay. And whatever you do if you have a spare (or have a hybrid/EV and want one) get a legit breaker bar and a 21mm deepwell. The oem jack appears to be stout enough for at least several uses. But while that toy lug wrench might be fine as a jack handle, it's just plain unfit for getting the nuts off:

View attachment 1171
Thanks for the advice! I am in fact getting a Hybrid. Normally I wouldn't be so paranoid about these kinds of things, but my work van literally just had a flat, so... Yeah, I'll take all the precautions. 😅

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are these the exact ones you bought? Asking because of the concerns re: scammy sellers. I love the trunk mat - I haven't seen any that cover EVERYTHING like this one does. Also, what are hood dampers? I googled it, but my understanding is... they just look better and are a little less in the way during maintenance (but I can't really imagine how having two pillars is less of a nuisance than the usual single one).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are these the exact ones you bought? Asking because of the concerns re: scammy sellers. I love the trunk mat - I haven't seen any that cover EVERYTHING like this one does. Also, what are hood dampers? I googled it, but my understanding is... they just look better and are a little less in the way during maintenance (but I can't really imagine how having two pillars is less of a nuisance than the usual single one).
Yes, those are the exact items I purchased and am waiting for delivery. The hood dampers as they call them are the same type of gas filled struts used on manual hatch lids. It takes the effort out of raising the heavy hood.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I tried out Ali Express - spent a whole £28 on three things (including postage). Here's my feedback.

1. Remote key cover: 9.15US $ 36% OFF|For Hyundai Solaris Sonata Hybrid NEXO NX4 New Grand Santa fe Tucson 2020 2021 2022 Carbon ABS Car Key Cover Case Accessories| | - AliExpress - looks nice and fits well. BUT... You can't get at the key itself without taking it all apart which is hard because it snaps into place and is hard to undo. Plus the key fob attaches with a thin strip of leather - very easy to lose. The actual ring will not go through the key fob hole as it's too thick. FIled in Bin 13.
2. Impact prevention stickers - 2.5US $ 60% OFF|4pcs Car Door Prevent Impact Car Sticker For Hyundai Tucson Nline 2016 2019 2021 Car Stickers Accessories - Car Stickers - AliExpress. Smaller than I envisaged and do not wrap around the door edge, so easy for your door to still damage another. No use at all in preventing others from damaging yours. Filed in Bin 13.
3. Mesh organiser storage bag - 2.36US $ 55% OFF|1pc Universal Car Back Rear Mesh Organizer Storage Bag Auto Paste Net Pocket Phone Holder Elastic String Net Car Accessories - Ornaments - AliExpress - looks good but there are no flat surfaces in the Tucson near the driver that you can stick these too. The picture is very misleading. Filed in Bin 13.

Overall, a load of tat and not even worth reselling.

Alan

·
Registered
48 Posts
For travelling and taking your best furry co-pilot, i would get a rear seat pet protector. its sorta like a hammock and can help contain all the hair/shedding and occasional moisture lol. It should significantly help in reducing the time to clean the vehicle later on! i also like side steps to help entry and exit of the vehicle and for reaching on top of the vehicle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I gotten so far.

Rear bumper LED signal lights: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RMX2XK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Much brighter than the halogen stock and def worth it imo.

Oil catch can kit: EVIL ENERGY Universal 2-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can Tank with 3/8" NBR Fuel Line Kit Aluminum Black 150ml 5oz : Amazon.ca: Everything Else

Rear trunk mat: just bought stock ones from the dealership

Mud flaps: bought stock from dealership. Also def worth it as it limits the dirt from accumulating side of your car. For those without mud flaps know what I mean.

Screen protector kit: Hyundai Tucson Screen ProTech Kit

Wireless Apple Carplay adapter (For Canadian Ultimate trim with 10'' infotainment system)

Smart key leather case from Etsy: HYUNDAI Smartkey Case Fob Key Cover Touson Grandeur | Etsy Canada

1 - 18 of 18 Posts