Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Tucson Ultimate Plug-in, 500 miles on the clock. The problem is, the car alarm keeps going off. I’ve checked the obvious, windows, sliding roof, locks, etc. In fact, all seems to be as it should be, but for an unexplainable reason the alarm seems to have a will of it’s own. Unfortunately, over the past two weeks I’ve become that ‘annoying neighbour’, you know the one that has fingers pointed at them and mutterings made. Anyone had a similar problem, not with neighbours but with their car alarm? Any suggestions to fix the problem? Unfortunately, the earliest that Hyundai can see the car is mid August. By then I’m thinking an angry mob might appear on my doorstep. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
The only things to check if the same as U.S. model are the doors, back hatch but importantly the HOOD. Could that be not quite closed?

The alarm won't set if any of those are not closed/locked so since it is setting I have to think something is closed but not all the way and sometimes moves just enough not to be closed.
Also, mine shows what is opened in Bluelink. If it does in the UK check there next time it goes off maybe you can get a clue what is triggering it.

Otherwise there is just a problem with the system, a grounding problem, loose wire etc etc...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only things to check if the same as U.S. model are the doors, back hatch but importantly the HOOD. Could that be not quite closed?

The alarm won't set if any of those are not closed/locked so since it is setting I have to think something is closed but not all the way and sometimes moves just enough not to be closed.
Also, mine shows what is opened in Bluelink. If it does in the UK check there next time it goes off maybe you can get a clue what is triggering it.

Otherwise there is just a problem with the system, a grounding problem, loose wire etc etc...
Thank you for your reply. I’ve checked that everything is closed, my Bluelink confirms that too. It maybe a software issue. I’m going to call into my local Hyundai dealer today, hopefully I will get an answer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I’ve checked that everything is closed, my Bluelink confirms that too. It maybe a software issue. I’m going to call into my local Hyundai dealer today, hopefully I will get an answer.
May want to ask about pulling the fuse for the alarm till you can get it into the dealer.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just to be clear don't check bluelink if no alarm, it's going to show everything is closed. Check bluelink when the alarm is going off.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
42 Posts
Do you have the rear seat occupant alert on? By default it comes on. It works by motion sensors in the roof above the back seat.

Are your windows open when your alarm is going off? If so, others had the occupant sensor trip the alarm when the windows are down.

I'd try turning off the rear occupant sensor to see if that stops the alarm going off. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Do you have the rear seat occupant alert on? By default it comes on. It works by motion sensors in the roof above the back seat.

Are your windows open when your alarm is going off? If so, others had the occupant sensor trip the alarm when the windows are down.

I'd try turning off the rear occupant sensor to see if that stops the alarm going off. Worth a shot.
Great suggestion, and highlights our advice of checking Bluelink when it goes off. Also makes me wonder if a fly or moth etc can make it go off.
  • Ultrasonic sensor detects movement in the rear seats
  • Horn sounds, lights flash and a Blue Link alert message is sent to the driver’s smartphone if movement is detected

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great suggestion, and highlights our advice of checking Bluelink when it goes off. Also makes me wonder if a fly or moth etc can make it go off.
  • Ultrasonic sensor detects movement in the rear seats
  • Horn sounds, lights flash and a Blue Link alert message is sent to the driver’s smartphone if movement is detected
I’ve checked everything but for an insect trapped in the car. Given how sensitive the sensors are it just might be the reason as to why the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Problem solved, it was a bug. Not with the software but an insect that made its home in the cabin. This morning I found it dead in the drivers footwell and since no alarm. I suspect that over the past 2 weeks this bugger has not been alone. Boy these sensors are sensitive, never had this problem with any other car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts