Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, my search fu apparently is lacking. I am having no luck in finding an air filter for my 22 Tucson Hybrid SEL. The only store that had one listed turned out not to fit; it was a rectangle and did not have the slant to the corner.
Any help is appreciated! Edit to clarify; engine

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
181 Posts
You shouldn't need an air filter for at l east 40000 miles.
I believe the air filter is for the ICE and if I am using 96% EV I don't think the air filter would get dirty for years. It mat dry rot so I think 32 years would be a amount of time to change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Folks argue this all the time but the facts are paper air filters are most effective when dirty, least effective when brand new. I've seen air filter testing, and one literally covered in dust, silt and crap is not only exceptionally effective but has no affect on fuel mileage. It's very very unlikely you need a new one.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
I was told I needed both engine and cabin air filter replaced at my 12000 mile oil change at dealer.
Price quoted was less than $200. I declined.
That it may be time to change them, yes. That you declined tells me you are smart enough to install each of them yourself for something like $40 for the two filters.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
455 Posts
Cabin filter, maybe. The manual says 2 years or 16,000 miles. Engine air filter can easily go at least another 20,000 or more unless you live in the desert. or drive exclusively on dirt roads. The manual says 24,000 miles or 36 months, which is very conservative IMHO. I wouldn't trust a car dealer that told me to replace my engine air filter at 12,000 miles. Both are extremely easy to check and replace. My air filter is approaching 14,000 miles and is as clean as the day I bought the car. Just check it. If it is a little dirty, you can blow it off with compressed air. If there is dirt buildup between the pleats, change it. Same with the cabin filter.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
155 Posts
The manual is a guide on replacement of both filters.

No one can claim a certain mileage is time to replace. Inspection times are also a guide.

My wife can go 5 years and 50K with little contamination.

I go can go 10k or 2 months and have both filthy as a septic tank.

Working and driving in construction zones daily for 10 hours in clouds of dust with A/C or heater on with engine running makes a filter filthy real quick.

Either way if you can't find the filter, go online and buy from a discount official Hyundai dealer that will have OEM filters cheaper than your local dealer will.

Install yourself or if you are not comfortable doing it go to a jiffy lube or like place and have them do it.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
Ho can I make sure I am ordering the right ones?
Great question because it isn't always easy.

You could buy them from the dealer, thereby getting the right ones and they will be actually from Hyundai. OR - you could ask them what the part numbers are they may just tell you then do the next....

For likely less cost, go to an auto parts store and see if they have them yet in their system and get aftermarket ones. If the parts store is near you even if they get the wrong ones it will be easy to return/replace.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It shouldn't surprise me so many parts suppliers (local parts chains, big box, online...) haven't caught up yet with listings for our 'all new design' model. I'm batting .000 at most everywhere for the filters using the books hanging along the aisle. But a very valid point is made up there re: filters. Legit testing measuring flow and particulate contamination show a good quality oem replacement performs at higher level than the higher priced 'hi-flow performance' names, as all the latter does is let more (of the dirty) air through without filtering it as well. :oops:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts