Hyundai Tucson Forum banner

Almost the proud owner of a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited

4K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  22TucLimLvr 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Margo, and I am almost the proud owner of a new 2022 Tucson Limited!!

I had to put a down payment/deposit on a New Tucson Limited because there are literally none anywhere in my state. I live in Idaho and they have literally sold out. I don’t know if we didn’t get a lot to start with but the Limited (gas) models are sold before they even get delivered to the lots. The salesman are looking at their “in-transit” sheets and people are buying them while they are still on the truck.
Has anyone else run into this issue? I’ve been looking forever. Mine is probably still in factory because it’s not due to get here until the middle of June.
Does every state have this problem? And, the salesman told me straight up that they are in such big demand that they are adding a couple thousand to all of them, just because they can. What’s up with that?
In reading about it, I found a few things that have said “2022 Tucson NX4 Limites Interior” Can anyone tell me what NX4 means? All I can find are other people asking the same thing.
From the looks of it, I think it will be well worth the wait. I’ve had a 2015 before and loved it. How is everyone here’s experience. Will it be worth the wait and the $$$$?
I look forward to hearing what other people think and what you all love, and not love so much, about your Tucson’s. And if anyone can explain the NX4 to me. Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello, my name is Margo, and I am almost the proud owner of a new 2022 Tucson Limited!!

I had to put a down payment/deposit on a New Tucson Limited because there are literally none anywhere in my state. I live in Idaho and they have literally sold out. I don’t know if we didn’t get a lot to start with but the Limited (gas) models are sold before they even get delivered to the lots. The salesman are looking at their “in-transit” sheets and people are buying them while they are still on the truck.
Has anyone else run into this issue? I’ve been looking forever. Mine is probably still in factory because it’s not due to get here until the middle of June.
Does every state have this problem? And, the salesman told me straight up that they are in such big demand that they are adding a couple thousand to all of them, just because they can. What’s up with that?
In reading about it, I found a few things that have said “2022 Tucson NX4 Limites Interior” Can anyone tell me what NX4 means? All I can find are other people asking the same thing.
From the looks of it, I think it will be well worth the wait. I’ve had a 2015 before and loved it. How is everyone here’s experience. Will it be worth the wait and the $$$$?
I look forward to hearing what other people think and what you all love, and not love so much, about your Tucson’s. And if anyone can explain the NX4 to me. Thanks!!!
Lol - you lead a sheltered life! Virtually all cars are in short supply some more than others mostly because of chip shortages, but for a couple of other reasons also.
The Tucson is a HUGE seller, all new from the ground up and the style seems to be very popular.
Mine so far has been terrific overall. Always room to nitpik.

I happen to live where the largest seller of Hyundai vehicles in the U.S. is and they have had a decent stream of available vehicles but alot of dealers do not have alot.
They are not adding on to the MSRP, but again many dealers are. Only you can decide if paying $2,000 over the list price is worth it to you. Are you trading in a car and getting alot for it?

#4 ·
Caught me I do live somewhat of a sheltered life. And yes, I am willing to pay 2,000 more since allot of people are spending more than that. Yes, I am trading in a 2021KIA Sportage and getting more than I owe. Nothing wrong with the car it’s brand new. Just doesn’t have Things I was promised it had, like things a car that expensive should have like an auto lift gate Sirius radio, and some other things. Left a bad taste in my mouth with KIA in general I’ve had a Hyundai Tucson before and love the Limited so decided to make the switch.

#3 ·

Hi, I’m in Idaho as well, Coeur d’Alene , and just got my new Tucson. I went through basically the same thing except the dealers up here aren’t charging extra. I paid MSRP. There are no new cars of any brand on the lots here, you have to get on the waiting list. I was fortunate and mine was delivered in around 2 months

#6 ·
Congrats!!! I choose to wait until June to save up as much as I could on the down payment. I also specifically wanted the Pearl white outside. I really wanted tan interior but I guess the Limited only comes grey or black, so I am getting grey. Do you have gas or hybrid? Mine will be gas.

#13 ·
I was fortunate. My semi-local dealer in NH called me to say they got a truck with 6 on it and all but 1 was pre-sold. The one they had left happened to be the exact one I wanted. (gas, SEL Convenience & Premium Packages) so, I bit the bullet and got it that day. I've had it about 6 weeks now and I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

#16 ·
I like the tech, (that was my main reason for switching from my 2021 CRV), the styling, the size, the ride, the features. I don't like the power (it's really slow), I hate the storage compartment between the front seats. It is still empty because I don't think I'll ever use it as it's so far back. I know this is weird, but the car feels...for lack of a better word...delicate to me. Like, I have to be careful with it or it will break. I never had this feeling with my CRV, or any of my many previous vehicles. I'm sure it's just me.

Overall, it's nice. Much better app than Honda. I could not start my CRV from the app. Maybe I was too harsh with my 3.5 rating. We'll see. I only have about 650 miles on it so far. Taking a little trip this weekend.

#19 ·

NX4 just means the fourth generation of the Tucson. As to the wait, here in Ohio it’s just as crazy. I gave up trying to get a hybrid. Just too long a wait and no idea when they’ll become available. The mess in Ukraine and Russia ain’t helping ( many of Hyundais parts are sourced there). There was already a part shortage from China from their lock downs. Now, with most of the hybrids coming from So Korea, the 2.5 are the easiest to get. Ours 2.5 LTD is due any day now. So far, dealer is only charging MSRP, no market adjustment crap.😃

#20 ·
You are very lucky. My dealer here in Idaho flat out told me that they are at least charging 2,000 over MSRP because the car is in such high demand. They should be a law about this kind of thing or at least have a cap on the amount I’ve MSRP dealerships are allowed to go over or the manufacture just simply should t deal with them anymore. Sounds simple, but most things do SOUND simple. LOL. SO, do you have a Limited gas, and do you have any issues or anything g you would change and/or add? What is your favorite feature?

#22 ·
Honestly I don't have a problem if dealers want to charge more, I do want them to be up front about the costs. Remember what MSRP stands for Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. There is no law nor should there be how much an independent dealer wants to charge. If the Manufacturer has a problem with it like Hyundai said they do that's between the two.
We have a choice to buy or not buy. The Kia dealer here lost any chance I would replace my KIA with another by charging over the MSRP.

Oddly I am thankful they were over MSRP I was leaning towards a Tucson and that help to make up my mind. So happy that's what I got.

#24 ·
#25 ·
I received an email from my dealership that mine will be arriving towards the middle or end of June. This is the one I picked:
I absolutely LOVE the exterior color! Truly beautiful. Good luck with it. You will have to let me know how you like it in person. We picked the gray interior as well, but the gas limited. We also picked the pearl white exterior. I don’t have a pick, but when I do, I will for sure share it with you.

#27 ·
We live in North Idaho and our dealer sold at msrp with no dealer add ons, they didn’t even try to push any extras on me. I told the finance guy I wanted to buy the 10yr. 0 deductible extended warranty if he could sell it for $1350 and said sure.
Saw a hyundai dealer from Richland, Wa. Selling for $6000 over msrp, needless to say, he had vehicles in stock.

#28 ·
We live in North Idaho and our dealer sold at msrp with no dealer add ons, they didn’t even try to push any extras on me. I told the finance guy I wanted to buy the 10yr. 0 deductible extended warranty if he could sell it for $1350 and said sure.
Saw a hyundai dealer from Richland, Wa. Selling for $6000 over msrp, needless to say, he had vehicles in stock.
WOW, just WOW. That type of behavior by dealerships should be illegal. I also live in Idaho in the Boise area. They told me flat out that they add on $2,000 to the MSRP. I can’t believe that they are allowed to get away with this. Everyone who buys any car should pay the same price wherever you go. It truly makes me sick that we are stuck, and just have to take this kind of behavior because there are no other places around here that sell Hyundai’s. It’s sad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.