Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you waiting for your new Hyundai to arrive, I've been using https://hiepcs.com/hyundai to track my car using my VIN.

I love the website, but I wanted the tracking ability to be a bit easier. My main issues were that the VIN would disappear from the input field when refreshing the page sometimes and that I'd be checking the website several times a day to see if there were any updates. This was annoying because I'd have to copy/paste the VIN all the time.

I develop Android apps for my day job, so I built an app, HFinder, that solves all of the issues I had and could make the tracking experience a bit easier for the community.

The app allows you to input your VIN and then add it to your saved list of cars, that way you can always click on it and get an update. Once a VIN is saved, you can tap to track it. This will query the API once every 3 hours, might add custom time intervals if people want it. The cool thing is that if there is a change in the status code or delivery date, you'll get a notification.

I'm using the same API as the one from hiepcs, so it's the same exact data being passed through. Let me know what you all think and happy tracking!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
Nice idea.
When I was looking I simply had the vin listed as a favorite, and copied it into the site. And on my Android phone I could make it stay there as long as I did not close out the browser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts