Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
We also miss our fog lights; I had one heck of a set on our old Kona. Factory housing with some killer LED lights. But how would you even mount a set on a Tuscon? I saw some kits on E-Bay that mounted a light strip by the headlights, but they couldn't really do anything.

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
You can mount fog lights anywhere as long as your willing to drill some holes for mounting and wiring.
For an easy install I recommend this,
License Plate Light Bar - LITE-WAY 20 Inch LED Light Bar 23 Inch License Plate Holder Kit, Bull Bar Style Aluminum Number Plate Frame with Spot Flood Beam Light Bar for Off Road ATV UTV SUV Amazon.ca

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
815 Posts
I don't think any mounting solution would look good on the 2022 Tucson. The one above probably is very useful but I would never put something like that on this front design.
If there was a kit to use as a combot with existing lights to turn to fog lights that would be ideal.

· Registered
42 Posts
I would want to see the light pattern from that license plate light. If it flares upwards (which LEDs tend to do), it might actually light up the fogs and not help at all... Low cutoff projector beams are the best. and I have to agree with Tampa8, the front end is very "complex" and I'm not sure where you could put them and not look out of place. There are some DRLs out of china that slide in right beside the headlights that could be modified to be fogs (assuming you could dissipate the heat for the amount of light you would want).....

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
I would want to see the light pattern from that license plate light. If it flares upwards (which LEDs tend to do), it might actually light up the fogs and not help at all... Low cutoff projector beams are the best. and I have to agree with Tampa8, the front end is very "complex" and I'm not sure where you could put them and not look out of place. There are some DRLs out of china that slide in right beside the headlights that could be modified to be fogs (assuming you could dissipate the heat for the amount of light you would want).....
It's good I got one,
You can use it with or without mounting the light bar
The light is super bright and adjustable.
You can also mount 2 seperate smaller fog lights on it and not use the included light bar
Pattern is awesome covers a wide area,
Recommended a t tap fuse connector and toggle switch to install the light bar.

· Registered
37 Posts
I would probably try mounting it upside down and smoking the lenses a little so it blends in better.

Two smaller fogs that you could aim a little off to the sides/angle would be nice to act like true fogs low and on the corners. Maybe yellow or daylight color vs the led white for practical fog use

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Tuscson 2022 has left no room for it. If the Ultimate had one then you could always fill that space with fog lights. The DRL are bright enough that I wonder how much more lighting you would get installing fog lights.
If you really want to install them get some fog light and put them under the front bumper.
For me, I don't need them.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would probably try mounting it upside down and smoking the lenses a little so it blends in better.

Two smaller fogs that you could aim a little off to the sides/angle would be nice to act like true fogs low and on the corners. Maybe yellow or daylight color vs the led white for practical fog use
the upside down mount with a slimline light could look good on the front. A license plate mount without the bar attached. Hmmmm…

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts

That will work,
There's 4 mounting holes I included a picture below,
I added a Tucson logo on mine,
You can also install it on the rear of your car for an additional back up light when you're going in reverse.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
Nice. How did you go about the wiring?
Never even started the wiring process yet,
Because I'm actually mounting 3 yellow fog lights on the bottom middle,
And about 1 to 4 lights on my side step/ running boards, Additional rear signal light top and bottom.
Getting the parts together now project will begin early spring.
I'll post a video eventually online.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts