Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2022 Tucson SEL today. Two issues.

1. USB does not recognize anything in the USB Port.
2. Got Careplay to work via Bluetooth, but can‘t get XM to work while Google Maps is running. Can Play Apple Music though. What gives?

This is not an issue with our 2019 Santa Fe with either the USB or Sirius XM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have a 2016 Hyundai Tucson and am trying to get Apple CarPlay on my car. When I plug my phone into the USB it doesn't pop up like it says it should. When I go to connectivity IOS is not an option just Android Auto. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
137 Posts
Hello I have a 2016 Hyundai Tucson and am trying to get Apple CarPlay on my car. When I plug my phone into the USB it doesn't pop up like it says it should. When I go to connectivity IOS is not an option just Android Auto. Any suggestions?
Most of us here are "into 2022 Tucson" - so, not sure how many may have or "familiar" with 2016 Tucson.
Nevertheless, as far as I am aware of, 2016 and later model year Hyundai Tucson vehicles are compatible with CarPlay.
Thus, if, for whatever reason, you cannot make CarPlay work, check the following and correct if needed:
  • CarPlay is disabled in the infotainment system settings of your Tucson.
  • CarPlay is disabled in your iPhone, go to ‘Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps’ and enable both CarPlay and Siri.
  • The Lightning-to-USB cable you’re using is defective. Try a different cable, preferably original Apple cable.
  • The connected USB port on your Tucson does not support CarPlay. Try other USB port(s).
  • A software glitch is responsible for the CarPlay problem. Try resetting the Tucson’s infotainment system to its factory settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts