Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Tucson PHEV 2022 for about 6 months and during that time I have really struggled with Apply CarPlay. I have the Luxury - so CarPlay is wireless.
it started with a volume issue - all phone calls were extremely muted and basically made the feature unusable. I took it to service and they decided it was a faulty head unit. This was replaced. At first this replacement worked perfectly. Now the issue is the CarPlay drops connection repeatedly over and over in the middle of calls, using my maps feature, so again makes the feature extremely challenging and quite frustrating to use. As it continues to connect and disconnect. Even if I’m not in “Apple car play” and listing to the radio - it still drops fhe connection and reconnects and then pulls me from the radio to the now connected CarPlay.
I have tried restarting with a pin and doing a hard restart to the unit, I have checked the wifi connection. I have fully disconnected my phone and restablished a connection, I have done the update to the head unit that was released 3 months ago, I have also made sure my phone is up to date. I have had it into service about a dozen times, they can’t seem to come up with a solution and told me I may need to wait for an apply car play update. But from what I read this doesn’t seem to be an issue shared by other owners?
if anyone has any advice or trouble shooting for me I would so appreciate it.
Or has anyone experienced problems like I’ve mentioned with there Apple CarPlay system?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the android auto function doesn’t have this issue - I only know this as our service manager has an android and we’ve spent hours trouble shooting.
This is specific to Apple CarPlay.
I have a iPhone X so a couple years old, butup to date.

· Registered
16 Posts
I have had a Tucson PHEV 2022 for about 6 months and during that time I have really struggled with Apply CarPlay. I have the Luxury - so CarPlay is wireless.
it started with a volume issue - all phone calls were extremely muted and basically made the feature unusable. I took it to service and they decided it was a faulty head unit. This was replaced. At first this replacement worked perfectly. Now the issue is the CarPlay drops connection repeatedly over and over in the middle of calls, using my maps feature, so again makes the feature extremely challenging and quite frustrating to use. As it continues to connect and disconnect. Even if I’m not in “Apple car play” and listing to the radio - it still drops fhe connection and reconnects and then pulls me from the radio to the now connected CarPlay.
I have tried restarting with a pin and doing a hard restart to the unit, I have checked the wifi connection. I have fully disconnected my phone and restablished a connection, I have done the update to the head unit that was released 3 months ago, I have also made sure my phone is up to date. I have had it into service about a dozen times, they can’t seem to come up with a solution and told me I may need to wait for an apply car play update. But from what I read this doesn’t seem to be an issue shared by other owners?
if anyone has any advice or trouble shooting for me I would so appreciate it.
Or has anyone experienced problems like I’ve mentioned with there Apple CarPlay system?
Did you update to latest firmware for your car ? About issue with apple car play, it still happens. Currently I find out that, you have to make sure there is no other device using Bluetooth of iPhone. It will be ok. It your phone share with apple watch or you turn off Bluetooth more offend. it can be issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts