Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a Tuscon but I see it's one of the cars that has placed turning lights on the rear bumper. This is an awkward position but I know more cars are doing it.

Has anyone found this is an issue with other drivers missing them? What's your experience been like?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
219 Posts
I haven't been rear-ended............yet.

As a Tucson/Hyundai owner I am aware of this issue, but as I drive around I find that I really don't pay much attention to the location of the turn signals on the cars in front of me. There is such a variety of automobile designs these days that my perception has to be widened to take in the totality of the vehicle ahead of me.

Replacing the incandescent bulbs with LED's is a way to mitigate the issue. The suckers are so bright that it is difficult to not see them. I've got a comparison video in the above linked thread.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
147 Posts
I actually like the signal lights in the bumper but replacing the bulbs with LED’s is a definite needed upgrade. I actually applied smoke film on my lights to tone down the bright LED’s.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
117 Posts
I am interested in getting a Tuscon but I see it's one of the cars that has placed turning lights on the rear bumper. This is an awkward position but I know more cars are doing it.

Has anyone found this is an issue with other drivers missing them? What's your experience been like?
It's really a non issue.

There are plenty of auto manufacturers producing vehicles with directionals designed the same way.

Typically one applies the brakes when approaching a turn, so the brake lights would let drivers be aware of indicated turn also.

I think a driver comming up the rear would have to really be trying not to see the rear directional signals to miss them.

·
Registered
Tucson 2022 SE
13 Posts
I don't think it is any issue as side mirror also has turn light even looking from back. So if someone missed two lights altogether, it should not be the lights problem.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
366 Posts
If you have ever driven behind a Miata, MR2, Honda S2000, Corvette, Nissan Z car etc. , you have seen tail lights mounted lower than the signals on your Tucson.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts