Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys- i need your help. I have bought Tuscon 2022 SEL convenience trim in July 2022. I drove around 1000 miles now. Today I noticed a problem regarding Auto headlight system. So i always keep my car lighting mode on auto headlight and when we start the car engine then auto headlight mode automatically wii be on and two green headlight logo will be on Instrument cluster. But today when i was driving I noticed that those two green auto headlight were not present on Instrument cluster screen. It’s raining today. So when auto headlight is not working our tail light lamp is also not working. So when i manually change lighting control nob to headlight mode then I noticed that those green headlight logo pop up on Instrument cluster screen and also tail lamp was on.
I have attached four photos as on when lighting nob is in auto mode then Instrument cluster screen and tail light lamp off and second when lighting knob turned on headlight mode then Instrument cluster and tail light lamp is red.
I don’t know what’s going on. Can someone please guide me. I tried to find the information in user manual but no success.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL Convenience Hybrid AWD
15 Posts
When the headlights are in "auto" mode a sensor on the dash determines when it's dark enough for the headlights to be on. When it thinks it's dark, the lights are on. When it thinks it's daytinme, it turns off the lights. It sounds like when you were driving and the two green auto headlights were not present on the instrument cluster screen, the sensor did not think it was dark enough to turn on the headlights. This seems like expected behavior.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the headlights are in "auto" mode a sensor on the dash determines when it's dark enough for the headlights to be on. When it thinks it's dark, the lights are on. When it thinks it's daytinme, it turns off the lights. It sounds like when you were driving and the two green auto headlights were not present on the instrument cluster screen, the sensor did not think it was dark enough to turn on the headlights. This seems like expected behavior.
Actually in Tucson 2022- i have noticed from the day 1 that if light is on auto mode it always shows those two green light on instrument cluster regardless its day or night or rain. Because headlight on is connected with tail light lamp so if in auto mode those two green lights are off means no tail light lamp/stop light lamp while driving car and it’s dangerous. I don’t know what i am missing or is there a problem

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two green lights only come on when the headlight is actually on. So if yours are on all the time, are you sure you are in auto mode?
Yes. I always in auto mode and I always noticed those two green light on information cluster.
Also. I was reading somewhere that headlight and tail light lamps/tail light stop lamps are connected so if in auto mode those two green lights are not on Instrument cluster means our stop light is not working while driving. That’s why i took pictures while on auto mode how is tail light looks and when its on headlight mode

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did little more research on youtube and found that many bloggers who has done review on tuscon 2022 and their information cluster screen has those two headlight green light on there and i just took one screen shot for reference. Please I request you all daily user to let me know what am i missing here. Do you see those two green light while on auto mode? Some setting or is there a problem?

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
As others have stated when in auto mode the lights do not come on until the sensor in the dash recognizes it is dark enough. When in auto mode and during the day the 2 green headlight icons will not be on. Sometimes during the day even in rain or fog it is still light enough outside that the sensor senses that it is still daytime and will not turn on the lights. If you want the lights on during the day during weather you need to manually turn the lights to on.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As others have stated when in auto mode the lights do not come on until the sensor in the dash recognizes it is dark enough. When in auto mode and during the day the 2 green headlight icons will not be on. Sometimes during the day even in rain or fog it is still light enough outside that the sensor senses that it is still daytime and will not turn on the lights. If you want the lights on during the day during weather you need to manually turn the lights to on.
thank you, have you experienced the same in your car?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you please let me know if have you experienced the same in your car?

· Registered
10 Posts
It is how auto headlights work in all vehicles, regardless of make/model. Some sensors are more sensitive then others when determining when to turn on the headlights. It's simple if its light out and you have the setting set to auto headlight/taillight will not turn on until the sensor indicates it is dark out to turn them on.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is how auto headlights work in all vehicles, regardless of make/model. Some sensors are more sensitive then others when determining when to turn on the headlights. It's simple if its light out and you have the setting set to auto headlight/taillight will not turn on until the sensor indicates it is dark out to turn them on.
Thank you again for your reply. AndI totally get what you are saying. I only got concerned because since I bought this car I always kept lights on auto mode and I always noticed those two headlights icon ( day or night) on information cluster.Only today morning it was missing so i asked this forum about their experience.
Also just now i drove my car and noticed that in mode those two green icons were coming and going. And there is a bright sun light here while i was driving. So not sure my car’s censor is working as expected or not.

· Registered
100 Posts
Actually in Tucson 2022- i have noticed from the day 1 that if light is on auto mode it always shows those two green light on instrument cluster regardless its day or night or rain. Because headlight on is connected with tail light lamp so if in auto mode those two green lights are off means no tail light lamp/stop light lamp while driving car and it’s dangerous. I don’t know what i am missing or is there a problem
Your stoplights are not influenced by whether headlights/tail lights are on or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts