Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, everyone! I'm Nick from Phoenix, AZ. Really enjoying the topics and advice on this forum as well as the general Hyundai forum.

I'm currently (and eagerly) awaiting my new 2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL, with a tentative scheduled delivery of May 23. I was originally leaning toward the Deep Sea, but given how dusty cars get in the desert, not to mention how dark color cars get hotter and put more strain on AC, settled by default for Shimmering Silver. Honestly, I really hate the exterior color selection Hyundai has for the hybrid - black, white, silver, gray and blue so dark it might as well be black. I've always preferred color in my cars - last two were a candy apple red Eclipse Spyder and a Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3, but guess it's not to be this time around. Really like the Intense Blue on the ICE version, but can't get it on the hybrid 馃槥

Just finding and getting a deposit on one in the Phoenix metro area was an odyssey in itself. These vehicles are in such high demand here that the only way you can get one is either pay an exorbitant market adjustment (which is why one dealer actually has a black one sitting on their lot since December), or put a deposit on one as soon as the dealer gets their next allotment, which is what I did. Most dealers here have some market adjustment plus a dealer addendum that combined can exceed $7,500 above MSRP. Fortunately, not all of the 10 dealers in the Phoenix area are as greedy, and I found one with no market adjustment and willing to negotiate a little on the dealer addendum, so net about $1,600 over MSRP. I've had two auto brokers tell me not to bother looking any further.

Already starting to shop for some accessories to make it mine, or at least starting some wish lists on various sites. One of the first will be a full cargo area cover since I will be using this car for business and want to keep the interior looking as nice as possible, as well as LEDs for rear turn signals and backup lights. I can fell my wallet getting lighter already.

Registered
HI, everyone! I'm Nick from Phoenix, AZ. Really enjoying the topics and advice on this forum as well as the general Hyundai forum.

I'm currently (and eagerly) awaiting my new 2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL, with a tentative scheduled delivery of May 23. I was originally leaning toward the Deep Sea, but given how dusty cars get in the desert, not to mention how dark color cars get hotter and put more strain on AC, settled by default for Shimmering Silver. Honestly, I really hate the exterior color selection Hyundai has for the hybrid - black, white, silver, gray and blue so dark it might as well be black. I've always preferred color in my cars - last two were a candy apple red Eclipse Spyder and a Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3, but guess it's not to be this time around. Really like the Intense Blue on the ICE version, but can't get it on the hybrid 馃槥

Just finding and getting a deposit on one in the Phoenix metro area was an odyssey in itself. These vehicles are in such high demand here that the only way you can get one is either pay an exorbitant market adjustment (which is why one dealer actually has a black one sitting on their lot since December), or put a deposit on one as soon as the dealer gets their next allotment, which is what I did. Most dealers here have some market adjustment plus a dealer addendum that combined can exceed $7,500 above MSRP. Fortunately, not all of the 10 dealers in the Phoenix area are as greedy, and I found one with no market adjustment and willing to negotiate a little on the dealer addendum, so net about $1,600 over MSRP. I've had two auto brokers tell me not to bother looking any further.

Already starting to shop for some accessories to make it mine, or at least starting some wish lists on various sites. One of the first will be a full cargo area cover since I will be using this car for business and want to keep the interior looking as nice as possible, as well as LEDs for rear turn signals and backup lights. I can fell my wallet getting lighter already.
Hi Nick, congrats on securing a new Tucson. Just got ours ( not hybrid) several weeks ago and I really like it. We live up in North Idaho and have lots of wet, snowy Winters so all weather floor liners are a must for us. For the cargo floor I got a Smartliner to try out and it looks nice and fits perfectly unless you have the upgraded Bose system with subwoofer by rear hatch. I have Weathertech in my Santa Fe and they are thicker and more durable feeling even though they鈥檙e more expensive, think I鈥檒l go for the W.T. for the floor mats.I did replace the rear cargo area light with an LED and that helped alot, found the info on this site.
We did the same as you, except delers here are selling for MSRP , no additions at all. Ours actually showed up around 2 weeks after the original date. Good luck, it鈥檚 so hard waiting and trying to track your car online.

Registered

Welcome aboard! We鈥檙e Owner in Waiting here in Northeast Ohio for our 2.5 Ltd, black with gray interior. We gave up on the hybrid in this part of Ohio. Just too few to ch from and too many back orders. I didn鈥檛 even want to think about the price. At least our dealer is only charging MSRP. Ours was due last week, but I think the car carrie driver wanted a couple more days with it!馃榾

Registered
Hi Nick, congrats on securing a new Tucson. Just got ours ( not hybrid) several weeks ago and I really like it. We live up in North Idaho and have lots of wet, snowy Winters so all weather floor liners are a must for us. For the cargo floor I got a Smartliner to try out and it looks nice and fits perfectly unless you have the upgraded Bose system with subwoofer by rear hatch. I have Weathertech in my Santa Fe and they are thicker and more durable feeling even though they鈥檙e more expensive, think I鈥檒l go for the W.T. for the floor mats.I did replace the rear cargo area light with an LED and that helped alot, found the info on this site.
We did the same as you, except delers here are selling for MSRP , no additions at all. Ours actually showed up around 2 weeks after the original date. Good luck, it鈥檚 so hard waiting and trying to track your car online.
Good choice on the WT floor liners. I鈥檝e got mine in the cart at WeatherTech, just waiting till my Tucson shows up. Had WT twice before and very impressed with the quality and ease of cleaning.

Registered
Good choice on the WT floor liners. I鈥檝e got mine in the cart at WeatherTech, just waiting till my Tucson shows up. Had WT twice before and very impressed with the quality and ease of cleaning.
Yeah, have WT in a Santa Fe and really like them, hear so much about the Smartliners I thought I would try them for the cargo mat. It鈥檚 really nice but seems thinner than WT

Registered

Hi Steve. Im waiting for a 2022 Tucson Limited Hybrid in Amazon Gray with gray interior to arrive in Harrisburg in the next couple of weeks.I didn't put a deposit on it but went through as a priority order. Once it arrives, I'll test drive it, see how comfortable it is and move onto the next step. If perchance I don't like it or hear negative things about the engine and drivetrain reliability issues, I'm not out any money. Time will tell......

Registered
Hi Nick!
I鈥檓 in AZ too. I was incredibly lucky and found a Tucson Hybrid exactly as I鈥檇 have ordered it. Also silver for the same reason. They wanted 5000.- above MSRP market adjustment.
I negotiated it out by having them cut it in half right from the start and getting the other half by adjusting my trade in value up 2500.-
Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Nick!
I鈥檓 in AZ too. I was incredibly lucky and found a Tucson Hybrid exactly as I鈥檇 have ordered it. Also silver for the same reason. They wanted 5000.- above MSRP market adjustment.
I negotiated it out by having them cut it in half right from the start and getting the other half by adjusting my trade in value up 2500.-
View attachment 1066
Well done and looking good. Which dealer if you don't mind my asking? I plan to sell my current vehicle privately.

Registered

Congratulations!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just heard from my salesperson that ETA pushed back from 5/23 to 6/7. He confirmed that dealer deliveries are being delayed because of truck driver shortages.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now the react site says planned delivery moved back to June 14. 馃槚馃槫 Where have all the transport drivers gone? How do people pay their bills when they're not working? I sure couldn't. I guess that answers the question about whether my pool resurfacing would get done before I got my Tucson.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
..and the saga continues. Today the react site shows delivery on May 31. Given that sports betting is legal in Arizona, maybe I should start a pool for delivery day?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This morning react site updated with a TN status - first time I've seen that on my car - and updated delivery of May 31. Anyone have an idea of transport time from Port Hueneme, CA to Phoenix, AZ?

UPDATE: This past week, delivery went from 5/31 to 6/7 to 5/28 (yesterday) to 5/27 today with a status change to IT (In Transit?).

Rectangle Font Circle Number Brand

I know dealer will need some time to prep and install their mandatory addons and this is a holiday weekend in the States, but I'm hopeful this is an indication that I will be getting a call early in the week that my car is ready. Dealer was able to upgrade their tint to ceramic at my request for an additional $100, but so worth it in Arizona.

As far as the race to see whether my pool remodel would finish before I got my Tucson, I think it's gong to be a photo finish. Pool resurface is done and filling, and they will come back Tuesday to do the startup chemicals and repair/paint cool deck. I think it's going to be a good start to June. :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, it's May 31 and the pool didn't win. I picked my shiny new shimmering silver Tucson HEV SEL-C up from the dealer tonight. Looks really tight with the darker ceramic tint, but a little harder to see at night. I'm used to it though as I had dark tint on my Mazdaspeed 3.

What did surprise me, especially after seeing some of threads here, is that I averaged about 34 mpg out of the box on the 40/45 mile drive home - mostly freeway at 65-75 with a few clicks at 38+. I could definitely get used to this. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.