Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I charge my Tucson phev 2022 , when the charger stop ,since 2 months full charge in the cluster write only 49 kms ,autonomy
when I bought it 8 months ago the full charge it was writed 52 -53 kms
does somebody have the same problem , it’s normal ?
thank you

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
50km sounds good to me
Thats about the average
This is like when I fill my tank on the HEV one time it tells me an autonomy of 800km, another time it tells me 780km and while driving it may go up autonomy and what I did, but normally at fill up it's about 740km both combined. So don't look to the meter, cause weather, your driving habits will modify what it tells you. Keep your eyes on the road, it will take you further. LOL

Know if it were to tell you 40km, yes I would question that. But give yourself a max of 5% or so diff.

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
This is like when I fill my tank on the HEV one time it tells me an autonomy of 800km, another time it tells me 780km and while driving it may go up autonomy and what I did, but normally at fill up it's about 740km both combined. So don't look to the meter, cause weather, your driving habits will modify what it tells you. Keep your eyes on the road, it will take you further. LOL

Know if it were to tell you 40km, yes I would question that. But give yourself a max of 5% or so diff.
My gas 2.5 showed over 600km driving range with a full tank, but now after a month or so if ownership a full tank shows under 600km.
So either way you hybrid owners are doing better then we are.

· Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Luxury
18 Posts
Took delivery of mine august 29th. Always says 49km. The dealer delivered the car fully charged and it was 49km of range. Never ever saw more. What I've seen different is the charging rate. At house 1.2kW and at job 1.3kW (with charger set at 12). My guess is that it might be plugged on a 3 phase circuit at my job and if I'm on Y or Z, maybe a little more than 120V, like 125V.

I can add that the range in the bluelink app is almost never accurate.
EX: currently charging. Batterie at 26% and it says 1km of range from the batterie.The % is OK but the range should be around 5km. Also the tank is about 2/3 full. Says Batt+gaz 577km...Don't think so. 600km is the range of a full tank and a full batterie and maybe even less. Already saw, range of over 1000km...was laughing at the app...seriously.

Don't care too much, the % of the batterie is good and this is all that matters to me.

Talking about range, I'm good for about 45km in EV mode when the temp is good, (but have hills to climb and descent...obviously takes more to climb than it recharge while descending). And doing 3/4 highways.

When temp drops like last week, close to 0deg C the morning, gas engine kick in and run at a steady 3L/100km or so. Kind of like a generator not coupled to the transmission. In these conditions I might be good for around 55km but I'm using gas at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts