Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought our 2020 Tucson used took 1 week to set up Bluelink it was great! Loved it, then one week later got email saying "due to change of ownership following vehicle has been removed from your account if you did not initiate this or believe this was done in error call Hyundai customer care!" Righ! three ticket numbers and a month later all I get when checking the progress is that AWFUL put you on hold MUSIC and no resolve. I would like to erase all my personal info from Hyundai and blue link if I new how Including my drivers license copy, my registration copy and all the other documentation I had to submit just to get blue link!! Now my radio display says blue link is working but when logging into my account it says I do not have a Bluelink for my car! Is this just an elaborate personal information fishing scheme??

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
815 Posts
Bought our 2020 Tucson used took 1 week to set up Bluelink it was great! Loved it, then one week later got email saying "due to change of ownership following vehicle has been removed from your account if you did not initiate this or believe this was done in error call Hyundai customer care!" Righ! three ticket numbers and a month later all I get when checking the progress is that AWFUL put you on hold MUSIC and no resolve. I would like to erase all my personal info from Hyundai and blue link if I new how Including my drivers license copy, my registration copy and all the other documentation I had to submit just to get blue link!! Now my radio display says blue link is working but when logging into my account it says I do not have a Bluelink for my car! Is this just an elaborate personal information fishing scheme??
I bet the first owner deleted the Vin from Bluelink thinking they were doing the right thing. Other than the why it may have happened I have no quick way to fix it, getting through to them is probably the way to get it fixed. Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet the first owner deleted the Vin from Bluelink thinking they were doing the right thing. Other than the why it may have happened I have no quick way to fix it, getting through to them is probably the way to get it fixed. Good luck.
wellll today I get an email saying from Hyundai Customer care telling me I can now register my vehicle..NOT!
attempting to register I get stuck n the same loop. I tried resetting my pw, no help, called AGAIN and was told there had been no updates on the ticket number I had just been notified about > I asked if I could just delete my account no luck was told they would try but no guarantee. And that I had no way of deleting it my self!!
What the &*^ is going on?? They were more than eager to allow me yo upload my Title, DL Reg and big of sale which who knows where all that personal info is now!!

· Registered
2 Posts
wellll today I get an email saying from Hyundai Customer care telling me I can now register my vehicle..NOT!
attempting to register I get stuck n the same loop. I tried resetting my pw, no help, called AGAIN and was told there had been no updates on the ticket number I had just been notified about > I asked if I could just delete my account no luck was told they would try but no guarantee. And that I had no way of deleting it my self!!
What the &*^ is going on?? They were more than eager to allow me yo upload my Title, DL Reg and big of sale which who knows where all that personal info is now!!
okay, chill out. Tampa8 is most likely correct.
Bluelink does not do anything with your personal information except try to sell and mail you package deals for BlueLink if you're not subscribed.
If BlueLink was doing something with your personal information, all the million other people that have BlueLink would also be struggling.

Work with support - if it's working in the vehicle, what's the issue?

· Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
145 Posts
Sounds like a frustrating situation for you, I haven't had personal experience with this being my first Hyundai but I really like BlueLink so far. Couple points:
-This is a forum for the NX4, basically 2022 and newer Tucsons. I don't know if our experiences will match yours
-The BBB is just a company, they are not a government body and have no real influence other than to publicly humiliate companies or ask them for money in exchange for more favorable reviews. You might get somewhere with them, but likely not
-When you do finally connect to customer service, please be kind. They did not cause your issue, and are likely overworked because everyone is short on people these days

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
187 Posts
Went thru very similar events. I had a Kona I sold and removed from bluelink account. Couldn't add the new 22 Tucson. Went through all the hoops also. Finally got the right rep after numerous calls that wasn't reading a script and I can understand fluently.
5 minutes and I was all set.

Oh, and don't think for a minute your privacy is private unchecking boxes.

It's outright scary what they collect and give away to anyone who needs your info to.

Read the privacy policy you agreed to in order to use Bluelink.

Unofficially they use the cameras also, supposedly in a crash.

Heres just a preview of the info you give them and some they take from thier written privacy policy.

"We may collect the following categories of personal information (as set forth by CCPA) related to the Vehicle Technologies and Services: identifiers, such as a real name, alias, address, VIN, IP address and online identifiers, email address, account name, SSN, driver’s license number and other government identifiers, or other unique personal identifiers; customer records, such as payment information, credit card account number and related information; commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or considered, records from usage of the Vehicle Technologies and Services, or other purchase or usage histories; internet and other electronic network usage data, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement; geolocation of your Vehicle or device; audio, visual and other electronic data related to your Vehicle usage or interactions with us; biometric information in the form of your fingerprint or facial template in order to allow you to enable and use this data to control access to your vehicle; profiles, inferences and trends derived from the personal information we collect.
We collect driving data about your Vehicle such as speed, acceleration and braking data; direction of travel; trip data (mileage, date, length, conditions); ignition events; steering events; cruise control data; seatbelt status; information about Vehicle incidents or events; other information about how you drive a Vehicle; as well as associated date/time stamps for such information."

You can opt out of some but not all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts