Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After updating to new infotainment firmware version, my bluelink has disappeared from my vehicle. I can’t even get into the bluelink menu in setup mode to activate it. There is no Bluelink icon! I tried resetting the infotainment system and nothing.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
That's sometimes happens from going into Engineering mode if you were ever in there.
I would try disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait a couple minutes and connect it again. That should make the infotainment system do a hard reset maybe it will bring it back.

I've seen posts with Bluelink no longer activated after going into engineering mode but not losing the icon with no way to get to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's sometimes happens from going into Engineering mode if you were ever in there.
I would try disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait a couple minutes and connect it again. That should make the infotainment system do a hard reset maybe it will bring it back.

I've seen posts with Bluelink no longer activated after going into engineering mode but not losing the icon with no way to get to it.

I disconnected the battery and restarted infotainment system… still the same. Bluelink icon isn’t present and the Bluelink button in vehicle also does nothing when pressed.
I also did a reinstall of the firmware and still the same. No Bluelink icon shows up to be able to activate or setup.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't know if the system would allow applying the wrong update, but make sure you did apply the right one. Looks like you have a Hybrid there are two, one for the Hybrid one for the Plug in Hybrid.
Might have to bring it in for service.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if the system would allow applying the wrong update, but make sure you did apply the right one. Looks like you have a Hybrid there are two, one for the Hybrid one for the Plug in Hybrid.
Might have to bring it in for service.
There is only one option for the non-navigation update (audio update only). Pic below…
Computer Personal computer Font Operating system Screenshot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is only one option for the non-navigation update (audio update only). Pic below…
View attachment 1389
When I logged into MyHyundai account for Bluelink, it stated, “activation pending”. Not sure what exactly that meant but do you think this is something that takes time to activate? Since this firmware update isn’t OTA, this doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I never lost Bluelink service let alone lost the icon for it when I updated. You are correct it appears to be one download for all 8" screens. I'm surprised because your screen of course has a Hybrid Icon I thought it would need a different update.

You are missing all the associated icons, Bluelink, Valet Mode, and Notices. Best I can think of the system thinks you are in a Country that does not have it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never lost Bluelink service let alone lost the icon for it when I updated. You are correct it appears to be one download for all 8" screens. I'm surprised because your screen of course has a Hybrid Icon I thought it would need a different update.

You are missing all the associated icons, Bluelink, Valet Mode, and Notices. Best I can think of the system thinks you are in a Country that does not have it?
I didn’t realize I was missing those other options as well. Wonderful.
Do you know what the different CPU configs are that are available in the engineering mode? I’m wondering if one of those would change anything.
I was using apple CarPlay this morning with GPS and am having the same issue as before… cutting in and out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn’t realize I was missing those other options as well. Wonderful.
Do you know what the different CPU configs are that are available in the engineering mode? I’m wondering if one of those would change anything.
I was using apple CarPlay this morning with GPS and am having the same issue as before… cutting in and out.
I tried CPU config 1 and it enabled wired ACP! I wonder if I dare to try the other config options to see if I can get Bluelink working again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you figure out what you did to lose bluelink, please share. I would like to lose mine also.
So, after a bit more time and effort going into the Engineering Mode and playing around with the configs, I realized that in the "Variant Coding" menu, under "AMP", that "Telematics" was switched to "Off". I assume this happened when I updated to the most recent firmware. Anyhow, if you want to get rid of Bluelink, log into Engineering Mode and turn off "Telematics". This setting is what controls Bluelink!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So, after a bit more time and effort going into the Engineering Mode and playing around with the configs, I realized that in the "Variant Coding" menu, under "AMP", that "Telematics" was switched to "Off". I assume this happened when I updated to the most recent firmware. Anyhow, if you want to get rid of Bluelink, log into Engineering Mode and turn off "Telematics". This setting is what controls Bluelink!
By turning this "Telematics" option back to "ON", I also regained Valet Mode and Notices.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
106 Posts
Good info!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts