Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tucson 2.5L Limited AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short, went on vacation, and since I’ve returned, remote functions on BlueLink no longer work and I get this error.
Font Screenshot Technology Gadget Multimedia

I’ve followed various guides. Obviously tried to turn on the car, check BlueLink status and subscription, etc. Also have tried signing out of the app and back in, reinstalling it, nothing seems to work. I’m planning to call into the help line tomorrow but wondering if anyone has run into this or has suggestions on how to fix?

I know that certain remote functions are disabled after 4 days of the car not being started, but it seems like it’s stuck in this error at this time.
Of interest, certain things DO update like my range, fuel level, and location of car. But things like remote start, door locks do not.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: spent 45 minutes on the phone with Hyundai BlueLink. They had me try all manner of things. Nothing worked. A case has been opened with their engineers. I suspect a dealer visit will be required. I’ll know for certain when (or IF) they call back “within 7 business days”.

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
814 Posts
Delete all Bluetooth and Wifi Connections.
Press the little reset button to reset the infotainment system. That should force a new Bluelink connection. Do NOT delete your Bluelink account with the app or online.

· Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
221 Posts
Bluelink needs a signal every 72ish hours.
so during your trip you should set a remind to check in on the car every 2ish days. Even if it's just a signal to check if the doors are locked.

After the 72ish hours, bluelink cannot be used again until after a manual engine start.

This documentation exists in a few places.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bluelink needs a signal every 72ish hours.
so during your trip you should set a remind to check in on the car every 2ish days. Even if it's just a signal to check if the doors are locked.

After the 72ish hours, bluelink cannot be used again until after a manual engine start.

This documentation exists in a few places.
I am aware of this. But Bluelink no longer works even after a manual engine start, as I mentioned in my original post. Fails to communicate, showing the error above. Spent a while on the phone with support doing ignition cycles, resetting the infotainment system, getting into and out of the car, locking/unlocking, etc. It's just stuck. All my remote commands fail, and the Bluelink people can see it failing. So, I'm not sure what happens next. Will update accordingly.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update. Although I've had a case open with Hyundai BlueLink for about 4 days now, I haven't heard from anyone. I've called once and am told they have up to 7 business days for the "engineers" to review the ticket. However, this morning I launched the app for giggles and to my surprise, I was able to use remote features and start my car. I am not sure if Hyundai did anything remotely (I doubt it), but I'm glad it's working again.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Final update on this for this who find this from a Google search or similar. Someone from BlueLink called and stated that the engineering team had to make a change to re-enable my account to use remote functions. So, if you run into this issue, call BlueLink and ask to have a case open with engineering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts