Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my '22 Hybrid for almost a month now and my kids kept complaining about how weak the rear speakers were when we had music playing. Often asking me "turn it up" and "we can barely hear it." I didn't give it much thought until today when I was parked waiting to pick them up from school I decided to only use the rear speakers to listen to music. All I can say is, wow. I could not believe how much weaker they were than the front. I had the volume up to 35 and they sounded as loud as the fronts on 10, maybe even less. I put my ears up to the speakers to see if they were even working and they were emitting sound but I would say about 65% less power than the front speakers.

I do not use quiet mode but I did check that. It was off. Besides that actually turns the rear speakers off completely and this wasn't the issue I was having.

Before I take this to the dealership to complain, I wanted to ask if anyone else with the same sound system can confirm the same weak rear speaker behaviour as mine. If this is by design, Bose should be ashamed putting their name on this. I really hope this is just an issue that can be fixed. I would like equally balanced sound in the rear seats as well as the front especially considering this is the premium sound system.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
37 Posts
I have had my '22 Hybrid for almost a month now and my kids kept complaining about how weak the rear speakers were when we had music playing. Often asking me "turn it up" and "we can barely hear it." I didn't give it much thought until today when I was parked waiting to pick them up from school I decided to only use the rear speakers to listen to music. All I can say is, wow. I could not believe how much weaker they were than the front. I had the volume up to 35 and they sounded as loud as the fronts on 10, maybe even less. I put my ears up to the speakers to see if they were even working and they were emitting sound but I would say about 65% less power than the front speakers.

I do not use quiet mode but I did check that. It was off. Besides that actually turns the rear speakers off completely and this wasn't the issue I was having.

Before I take this to the dealership to complain, I wanted to ask if anyone else with the same sound system can confirm the same weak rear speaker behaviour as mine. If this is by design, Bose should be ashamed putting their name on this. I really hope this is just an issue that can be fixed. I would like equally balanced sound in the rear seats as well as the front especially considering this is the premium sound system.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Shot in the dark. Did you check the "Position" setting? Basically it's the balance setting for the speakers. >>
You can select a position where sound is more audible in the vehicle. By pressing the desired point on the seat image or pressing the arrow buttons, you can finely adjust the position. To concentrate the sound to the center of the vehicle, press

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. That was how I was able to isolate the poor sound coming from the two rear speakers. I just faded to the rears and that was when it was apparent they were weak. If I place back to center position and sit in back seats it sucks. Fine in the front.

I never noticed befor because I don't sit in the back.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
37 Posts
Yes. That was how I was able to isolate the poor sound coming from the two rear speakers. I just faded to the rears and that was when it was apparent they were weak. If I place back to center position and sit in back seats it sucks. Fine in the front.

I never noticed befor because I don't sit in the back.
Ahhhhh. Got it. I'll check mine when I get a chance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for checking. This is very disappointing. Not sure why Hyundai would think the rear occupants don't deserve good sound quality, especially from the most premium sound system that the Tucson has to offer. Usually the objective is to have balanced sound for all passengers. I wonder if this is the same with the non-Bose trims?

·
Registered
2022 Black on Black Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
22 Posts
Thanks for checking. This is very disappointing. Not sure why Hyundai would think the rear occupants don't deserve good sound quality, especially from the most premium sound system that the Tucson has to offer. Usually the objective is to have balanced sound for all passengers. I wonder if this is the same with the non-Bose trims?
The rear speakers on the SEL are about the same as the front, with the system centered you can hear front and back from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Tucson 2022 in Spain, with a "premium" sound version (Krell), the quality is the same, mediocre IMHO.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
10 Posts
The front door speakers are wired in parallel with the tweeters which decreases the overall impedance and will generally make them sound louder. Try using the fader 3 to 4 points towards the rear and the sound should improve.
The door speakers are also mounted very low in the door and have more bass so replacing them with coaxial speakers may Improve sound quality.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The front door speakers are wired in parallel with the tweeters which decreases the overall impedance and will generally make them sound louder. Try using the fader 3 to 4 points towards the rear and the sound should improve.
The door speakers are also mounted very low in the door and have more bass so replacing them with coaxial speakers may Improve sound quality.
Yeah I have actually faded more to the back but when you sit in the back seats, the sound is pretty bad. At the end of the day, I am okay with the sound in the front but it's pretty disappointing that the "premium" Bose system sounds anything but premium. It's just ok.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
45 Posts
Just took delivery of my SEL with Bose, wow the sound is disappointing! I have played with the settings and agree if you put audio to the rear only it's just terrible sounding. I think my cell phone sounds about as clear and loud as the rears

Sound in the front is clear enough, sub isn't that loud. I've had door speakers ejth about as much bass

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts