Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking in the forum for a bit, but I figured I would go ahead and post my current experience that I am going through. To start, like much of us here I waited about 3 months to finally get my limited Hybrid. After 300 miles it throws up multiple codes and errors:

Rear cross-traffic error
Rear backup sensor error
Front ACC sensor error

and the best one so far:

two different transmission errors. It won't allow me to shift the car into Drive or Reverse unless I cycle the ignition like 5-6 times. It will run and drive like normal leading me to believe that there is a control module or electrical issue that is causing all of this. We are going to bring the car to a dealership next week. What sucks is my local dealer can't see it until Jan. 8th! We found another dealership that is 46 miles away that can take it in.

We have contact Hyundai customer care satisfaction to come up with a resolution. We are wanting them to tow the car so we don't do any mechanical damage and provide a loaner. I'll update more as I find out more. It kind of sucks all this happened after a week.... But then again at least it happened early on instead of out of warranty. More to follow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been lurking in the forum for a bit, but I figured I would go ahead and post my current experience that I am going through. To start, like much of us here I waited about 3 months to finally get my limited Hybrid. After 300 miles it throws up multiple codes and errors:

Rear cross-traffic error
Rear backup sensor error
Front ACC sensor error

and the best one so far:

two different transmission errors. It won't allow me to shift the car into Drive or Reverse unless I cycle the ignition like 5-6 times. It will run and drive like normal leading me to believe that there is a control module or electrical issue that is causing all of this. We are going to bring the car to a dealership next week. What sucks is my local dealer can't see it until Jan. 8th! We found another dealership that is 46 miles away that can take it in.

We have contact Hyundai customer care satisfaction to come up with a resolution. We are wanting them to tow the car so we don't do any mechanical damage and provide a loaner. I'll update more as I find out more. It kind of sucks all this happened after a week.... But then again at least it happened early on instead of out of warranty. More to follow.
Dang, that blows! Keep us posted! Which region of the US are you in? I put a deposit down on a 22 limited hybrid that came in a few days ago and test drove it for about 15 miles and liked it, waiting for paperwork to clear before finalizing and driving it off the lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, that blows! Keep us posted! Which region of the US are you in? I put a deposit down on a 22 limited hybrid that came in a few days ago and test drove it for about 15 miles and liked it, waiting for paperwork to clear before finalizing and driving it off the lot.
I'm in Mississippi. So what we have found out is that there is an issue with the Can-bus system which is responsible for allowing everything to communicate with each other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So,
I received a phone call from the dealer and it seems that have been able to find out the issue rather quickly. Apparently, all it took was for an ABS ground to be corroded to causes issues with the entire can-bus system. Hopefully, I'll have the car back tomorrow.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
12 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting this!

I’d like to know how a car with only 300 miles on the clock can already have ground corrosion issues!? “Build quality” anyone??!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anndddd she is back at the dealer just two days later. EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. At least this time they paid to give me a rental car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Intermittent problems are hard to troubleshoot--esp. canbus problems. Anything on the bus could be the culprit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts