Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm taking delivery on a Calypso Red Tucson tomorrow, just got the pictures, it's bright RED, not the crimson color I thought I was getting. The crimson I thought I was buying isn't available on the Tucson, it is on the hybrid, not on the gas engine Tucson. I'm disappointed, greatly.
Of course, happily, wrong about the color. I laid my eyes on mine when I was taking delivery (had to order one in transport, and had only read about the colors) and it is beautiful! The Calypso Red is a lovely color, darker, very metallic deeper crimson type color, Not at all 'bright red', or 'flat red', just gorgeous!

·
Registered
98 Posts
View attachment 418
View attachment 419

Took delivery of our Calypso Red Tucson Limited on 12/3. I planned on buying the white Tucson, but changed my mind when I saw this in the showroom. I ordered Weathertech All Season Mats the same day and they arrived 5 days later. Only 300 miles, but thoroughly enjoying my red beauty.
How do you compare it with the Amazon Grey?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also have the Calypso Red with light Gray leather in mine. I have a friend who will probably buy a like vehicle, and he was set on a darker color....until he saw the Calypso Red on a different model, his mind is made up on it also. I think we all are tired of seeing black, gray and a few white cars on the road...we recall the days of the beautiful cars, yellows, oranges, purples, corals, wow!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My test drive was in the Amazon Grey and I was ready to purchase it, but decided to purchase the Calypso Red when I saw it in the showroom. No regrets with my decision.
I have test driven amazon grey as well. Liked it but then saw a red parked at roadside now I'm confused lol
The tail light seems to go well with different color than red because it creates more contrast.
But the front grill creates more contrast with red.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
117 Posts
For myself...and others I'm finding, we don't want to 'fit in' with all the blacks, grays, and few whites on the street today. Take a look around at your neighbors, on the street, highways, 80% of All cars out there are black or gray, with some whites, scattered blue and very few red variations. So, do yourself a favor, bring some color into your life, don't 'fit in', be different, you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For myself...and others I'm finding, we don't want to 'fit in' with all the blacks, grays, and few whites on the street today. Take a look around at your neighbors, on the street, highways, 80% of All cars out there are black or gray, with some whites, scattered blue and very few red variations. So, do yourself a favor, bring some color into your life, don't 'fit in', be different, you'll be happy you did.
To make my point, look at the colors of the cars parked on the street next to the Calypso Red Tucson you posted....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my limited in October. Only complaint is I wish the bose sub was louder and the rear speakers weren’t so quiet. They are seriously lacking. The front kinda makes up for the quiet rears. This is with 5% ceramic tint
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Sky

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got my limited in October. Only complaint is I wish the bose sub was louder and the rear speakers weren’t so quiet. They are seriously lacking. The front kinda makes up for the quiet rears. This is with 5% ceramic tint View attachment 665
View attachment 664
To make my point, look at the colors of the cars parked on the street next to the Calypso Red Tucson you posted....
Very pretty, looks like mine, and I love the color of Calypso Red! The Bose isn't nearly what older systems with Bose sounded like, I agree. Tell you this, if you have a CD collection and are at wits end about not being able to play them, either make or have made, a flash drive for use in your USB port. I just had one made with tunes I selected, it works wonderfully! All the music you want, menu with artists on Flash drive there too.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Limited Black/Black
32 Posts
These are the Tucson colours available in Italy
If Teal is this one (below - I believe it is) it was one of the first pics that I saw of the 2022 Model that I fell in love with. I was crushed to see later this was a non-US color (I cannot imagine why not, I can't be the only one that thought this was one of the sharpest colors I'd seen on a SUV). I ended up with Black because it was the only one I could get with the dealer that I could make a deal with - ironically my absolute last choice when I was first communicating with the dealer lol. I've actually been thinking of checking with a local shop to get it painted this Teal color (but with custom paints the first reaction on resale is "so what damage are you trying to hide?" when a repaint is noticed).
Sorry for the Non Red image
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the color Calypso Red! It is full of metal flake, very very pretty! Not at all 'flat red' such as you'd see on a Corvette, but a pretty metallic red medium, kind of light cranberry color, love mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That Ted sure does look beautiful!! But I put a deposit on a shimmery pearl white exterior that I should be getting in June. I gave my deposit on March 23rd. The dealer salesman told me that in the Limited gas Tucson it’s impossible to get one unless I put a deposit on the next one he sees coming out of the factory, so that is what we did. I don’t even have a VIN number yet. I can’t wait to see that so I can see how much they jacked the price since the time I put my deposit down. I also asked if I can use any of the deals they were going on in March when I put the deposit down and he said now. Things sure have changed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The 'pearl' colors have always been a favorite of mine, they used to dominate the color selections, not any longer. You'll love the pearl white! Funny thing, I looked for a used car for a bit, and found they were all much too high because of new models not being manufactured due to electronic chips that run the vehicle, so I went online for a few local dealers and found the red with light gray interior that wasn't even on the ground and put down a deposit, took about 3 weeks to come in, but I'm happy with it. Another thing you'll find, the Tucson is Not a small SUV, it's plenty big, really has a nice size.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts