Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this car 2 months and now its acting like it doesn't want to start on the first turn often. Now yesterday while pumping gas the safety click never stopped and gas shot out everywhere! I was too scared to crank the car because gas was everywhere. I have an appointment next week but not confident with the dealer. Had issues with them since I bought the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue. Curious to know what they tell you as I’ve also been experiencing that and the car jerking during shifting. It’s so frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having the same issue. Curious to know what they tell you as I’ve also been experiencing that and the car jerking during shifting. It’s so frustrating.
Hello, I will respond with their response once they give me my car back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something similar happened to me this weekend with my 2022 Tucson limited hybrid. I pushed the start button and nothing happened for about 10 or 20 seconds. When it finally started, the radio/navigation/ settings reverted back to guest. Luckily it didn't erase my profile so I was able to change it back but the whole experience was weird. I'm taking it to the dealer today to see what is going on..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the dealership service dept kept my car for a day and a half and ran 3 tests stating the car passed and unable to duplicate the problems. I will be filing an official complaint the auto industry's regulator, the Federal Trade Commission, for further assistance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had this car 2 months and now its acting like it doesn't want to start on the first turn often. Now yesterday while pumping gas the safety click never stopped and gas shot out everywhere! I was too scared to crank the car because gas was everywhere. I have an appointment next week but not confident with the dealer. Had issues with them since I bought the car.
Does anyone think it might be worth getting the extended warranty? I usually don't as someone is making money on it and it is not me! But I'm really thinking about it after reading many of these posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did and im glad I did because like you said, after reading these comments about problems so early on, makes me nervous.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL
23 Posts
Does anyone think it might be worth getting the extended warranty? I usually don't as someone is making money on it and it is not me! But I'm really thinking about it after reading many of these posts.
I did buy the extended warranty with my new Tucson Hybrid. Dealer told me that if the head unit had to be replaced, it costs 4 to 5 grand. If you won't keep the car longer than 5 years...then maybe not worth it? Buying it up front runs a little over $400 per year of extra warranty.

K

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL
23 Posts
Thanks Kev. I have decided that is what I will do.
Ron
So, you are going to get the extended warranty? I fully intend to keep mine longer than the 5/60K warranty. I shudder to think of the cost of replacing the hybrid batteries after 5 years <g>.

K

·
Registered
2022 Black on Black Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
5 Posts
So, you are going to get the extended warranty? I fully intend to keep mine longer than the 5/60K warranty. I shudder to think of the cost of replacing the hybrid batteries after 5 years <g>.

K
Of course you will still have warranty on the hybrid battery. 10 yrs 100000 miles if I’m not mistaken

·
Registered
2022 Black on Black Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
5 Posts
If I remember correctly, hybrid batteries are 8 years, 100K.
I think the current hybrid warranty is 10 years as well just checked out the Hyundai website

regardless I think I’ll look into the extender warranty too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts