Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 22 SEL Convenience Premium package Tucson comes with a traditional incandescent light, and it's super dim in the cargo area. I think possibly all models come with this, a strange omission considering how many LED's there are on this thing.

I purchased these lights based on a Facebook post, they fit, and are a HUGE upgrade in the amount of light in the cargo area. Not blinding, not a weird color, they match everything else on the car perfectly! Replacement is easy, just use a trim tool or small blade screwdriver to pop out the light module, then pop off the white cover. It's a 31mm Festoon light that does not matter for polarity.

Seriously, 5 minutes tops for less than $15, super easy upgrade.

Wood Tints and shades Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did this as well and it is a huge difference for light in the cargo area. The bulb that the vehicles comes with is not very bright.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
56 Posts
I did this a few months ago as well. World of difference in brightness when cargo area opened.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
200 Posts
I did this a few months ago as well. World of difference in brightness when cargo area opened.
So, even in your Limited trim this made the cargo area noticeably brighter? I ask because I have the Canadian Ultimate trim (so equivalent to Limited) and was wondering how much (or if) the lighting could be easily improved.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Canadian PHEV Ultimate and I switched to the LED bulb and it made a big difference. The standard bulb barely lit up the cargo area, the LED bulb makes a world of difference and it is less than a 5 minute job once you have the LED bulb.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the Canadian PHEV Ultimate and I switched to the LED bulb and it made a big difference. The standard bulb barely lit up the cargo area, the LED bulb makes a world of difference and it is less than a 5 minute job once you have the LED bulb.
I just need a single 31mm Festoon bulb then? Any chance you can post a link to what you bought (on a Canadian-friendly site, say on amazon.ca)? Any other interior bulbs that I should upgrade?

TIA!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also repaced the 2 reading lights covered by the visor. I used the 28mm below. Someone said the 31mm would work but they were too big and I did not like bending the contacts to make it work so I just bought the 28mm lights.

Font Electronic device Automotive tire Screenshot Machine

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know in the ultimate PHEV everything else is already LED, it may be different in the HEV, I am not sure.

The glove box also used either the 31 or the 28mm, I can't remember so if you buy both you wil have a spare for that as well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know in the ultimate PHEV everything else is already LED, it may be different in the HEV, I am not sure.

The glove box also used either the 31 or the 28mm, I can't remember so if you buy both you wil have a spare for that as well.
Many thanks for your quick and extensive reply!!! :D

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
56 Posts
So, even in your Limited trim this made the cargo area noticeably brighter? I ask because I have the Canadian Ultimate trim (so equivalent to Limited) and was wondering how much (or if) the lighting could be easily improved.
Yes. Noticeably brighter white light. On Limiteds, the cargo light is the only interioylight that's not LED. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts