1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone had their cats stolen from this model yet? I figure it's only a matter of time.

I bought a small bicycle alarm and placed magnets on them and put on my car door when I leave the car unattended. Works very well and is very loud for the price.

Why on your car door? They just slide under eh car and use a cordless sawsall. What would an alarm do on the door?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why on your car door? They just slide under eh car and use a cordless sawsall. What would an alarm do on the door?
There isn't enough clearance to slide under. They'd have to jack up the car. Any slight movements, vibration, or noise would set it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There isn't enough clearance to slide under. They'd have to jack up the car. Any slight movements, vibration, or noise would set it off.
Unfortunately that isn’t true. I have surveillance footage of someone stealing cat converters from my business parking lot. Vehicles with the same clearance of the Tucson. Plus they are gone in less than a minute with cat converter in hand. Cops can’t catch them

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue Trim
123 Posts
I can slide under my Tucson without jacking it up. When you hear a car alarm in a parking lot do you even look at it? I don't. So many false alarms crying wolf that nobody pays any attention to them. If I were a catalytic converter thief and an alarm went off while I was removing it, I would continue as if nothing happened. I might smash a window for good measure to express my annoyance with your stupid alarm.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
333 Posts
Over a period of a little over 3 months I had 3 converters stolen out of 3 different vehicles in 3 different locations, a driveway 10 feet from my house, a parking lot with cameras all over the place and at the curb in front of a residence. Only one was insured, and the payout was over 3500. with a 500. deductible. OEM converter for my 2011 Element was over 2000. People are friggin animals.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Luxury
62 Posts
Anyone had their cats stolen from this model yet? I figure it's only a matter of time.

I bought a small bicycle alarm and placed magnets on them and put on my car door when I leave the car unattended. Works very well and is very loud for the price.
My neighbour Catalytic converter was stolen at a Costco parking lot in a matter of seconds 😡 ... .
I checked it yesterday and there is plenty of space to sneak under the car without any jacks and grab the cat with a sawzall in no time.

Hyundai's design is so bad, the Catalytic converter is placed next to the driving shaft into a super open space and conveniently placed for thieves.
Almost looks like they did it on purpose :oops: to sell parts.

Has anyone came up with a DIY grille or plate design we could MacGyver to deter sawzall champions ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts