Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried 3 car seats but the seats keep on covering a part of the latch.
The latch is just too recessed into the seat, it is impossible for a child or even myself to plug the seat belt in.

Any other folks having an issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, I called Hyundai and they said to take it into a dealership.

This is crazy, I tried 3 car seats (forward facing and connected to the isofix) all are impossible to buckle.

Will take it into the dealership tmmrw, hope they can find a solution, childseat is useless in the 22 tucson so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for moving this thread..

Update July 08: Took it to the dealership, they also had an issue inserting the seat belt.

They can insert the seat belt but only when the child seat is a bit disengaged with isofix and the car seat is moved.

I also called Hyundai to escalate this within their safety teams, will keep you guys posted. The Dealer and Hyundai were super supportive and took the matter at hand in a serious manner.

More info to come.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Def. keep us up to date. thank you.

Thanks for moving this thread..

Update July 08: Took it to the dealership, they also had an issue inserting the seat belt.

They can insert the seat belt but only when the child seat is a bit disengaged with isofix and the car seat is moved.

I also called Hyundai to escalate this within their safety teams, will keep you guys posted. The Dealer and Hyundai were super supportive and took the matter at hand in a serious manner.

More info to come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All Update

July 15, 2021

Hyundai called me,

They told me that they submitted to National Hyundai customer team (again).

I purchased seat belt extensions from Amazon, but I think this is just crazy that the seat is extremely recessed.

I will give them 10 business days, I will open a case on NHSTA (US) if I don't see a further resolution by then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All Update

July 15, 2021

Hyundai called me,

I purchased seat belt extensions from Amazon, but I think this is just crazy that the seat is extremely recessed.

I will give them 10 business days, I will open a case on NHSTA (US) if I don't see a further resolution by then.
Can you provide which 3 of the car seats you have tried?
for future references.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All Update

July 15, 2021

Hyundai called me,

Also - which seat belt extension did you buy, can you provide a link? Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car seats:

And new one is from Amazon.com: Diono Monterey XT Latch, 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Seat with Expandable Height/Width, Black: Baby

All cover the rear seat belt latch.
I ordered an extension, will send the Amazon link soon.
Thanks for the update,
If anyone has any Insight in regards to baby seat as well lmk.
I'll keep an eye out bc I don't have the vehicle yet, but I have a booster seat from my family I'll try out once I get it and keep u up to date as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried 3 car seats but the seats keep on covering a part of the latch.
The latch is just too recessed into the seat, it is impossible for a child or even myself to plug the seat belt in.

Any other folks having an issue?
This concerns I need to be able to install and remove car seats and booster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts