Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have about 500 miles in my gasser, but I keep finding clever touches I never heard about.
Not only does the system remind you about children or packages you out in the back seat, it also reminds you you left your phone in the charger馃榾.
Also, when you get in or get out of the driver seat, it motors back to allow easier entry/exit.
It seems to have a system that will help cool the cars interior if it detects a high temperature, even when your not in the car. It hasn鈥檛 been hot enough to see this at work, but stay tuned.
The Tucson windshield can also detect if it is fogging up and will turn on the defroster.
Pretty cool ideas from Hyundai!
I can鈥檛 wait to reveal more.
Please share your own stories of cool things your Tucson can do too!

Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
I only have about 500 miles in my gasser, but I keep finding clever touches I never heard about.
Not only does the system remind you about children or packages you out in the back seat, it also reminds you you left your phone in the charger馃榾.
Also, when you get in or get out of the driver seat, it motors back to allow easier entry/exit.
It seems to have a system that will help cool the cars interior if it detects a high temperature, even when your not in the car. It hasn鈥檛 been hot enough to see this at work, but stay tuned.
The Tucson windshield can also detect if it is fogging up and will turn on the defroster.
Pretty cool ideas from Hyundai!
I can鈥檛 wait to reveal more.
Please share your own stories of cool things your Tucson can do too!
Yes quite the array of features! I have the SEL/Convenience/Premium it has all those things except memory for seats. Lead car leaving alert is a good idea. I also notice to avoid the thumping noise in your ears if windows are not opened with sunroof opened, the first position of the sun roof greatly minimizes or eliminates it. And those rear seats that recline back!
Of all the tech things the game changer for me is the cruise control that can come to a stop, crawl ahead, keep a distance, slow down, speed up etc and works very well on highway or in traffic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes quite the array of features! I have the SEL/Convenience/Premium it has all those things except memory for seats. Lead car leaving alert is a good idea. I also notice to avoid the thumping noise in your ears if windows are not opened with sunroof opened, the first position of the sun roof greatly minimizes or eliminates it. And those rear seats that recline back!
Of all the tech things the game changer for me is the cruise control that can come to a stop, crawl ahead, keep a distance, slow down, speed up etc and works very well on highway or in traffic.
I know , those things are great. I had the lead car moving alert on my Outback that I traded. It鈥檚 a great kick in the pants to wake us from our stupor sitting at a light or in heavy traffic. Haven鈥檛 had too much freeway time yet, so can鈥檛 wait to try them out.
Still haven鈥檛 had much screen time to check out other features in the media/entertainment screen. I really get a kick out of the Relaxing Sound Machine built into the system. Screen graphics and relaxing sound. Just needed massaging seats!馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone find the exterior door handle lock on drivers and passenger front hard to locate? They didn鈥檛 distinguish it enough on the door handle. I thought I saw some early editions ( Canada ) had actual buttons.

Registered
Does anyone find the exterior door handle lock on drivers and passenger front hard to locate? They didn鈥檛 distinguish it enough on the door handle. I thought I saw some early editions ( Canada ) had actual buttons.
The answer to it working everytime - I can't take credit for this idea - is to swipe your finger or palm across the handle rather than try to zero in on the one spot.

Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
Yes, don't try to find it. I just swipe it fast like Flash Gordon as I walk away I hear the lock chime.

Registered
While we're on the door handle and clever little touches - The Key Card. (Physical credit card type) Put horizontally approximately in the middle of the handle and hold it there for a couple of seconds. In this case do not swipe, or tap, or even really move it. Once I got it down it works every time I have tried.
If you use it to start the car, take a second to place it exactly correctly in the charging spot all the way till hits the back of it.

Registered
Yes my Ultimate hybrid in Canada has a button. It is right where my thumb naturally touches the handle.

Registered
Two others - Hold the remote unlock button and the front windows open.

Hold the seat heating or seat cooling button and it turns that function off rather than pressing several times.

Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
Two others - Hold the remote unlock button and the front windows open.

Hold the seat heating or seat cooling button and it turns that function off rather than pressing several times.
Whats the secret to opening the roof liner without the pop-up or window opening?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts