Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
In the 4 weeks since purchasing my 2022 Tucson, there have been 4 collision warnings! for no reason. There is no pattern to when they have occurred.
Since randomly braking is the next potential problem, I took it into the dealer today.
Not sure how that will go unless they can duplicate my issue.
This vehicle was a huge investment for me. I keep my vehicles for a very long time.
Not feeling safe with a new car I need for commuting to work is not what I had in mind when I went ahead and invested in the Tucson.
The FCAA can be set to off or to warning only but when you turn off the car it reverts to active assist. Therefore you must set the system each time you restart the car.
Have any of you dealt with this issue?

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
148 Posts
Hi all,
In the 4 weeks since purchasing my 2022 Tucson, there have been 4 collision warnings! for no reason. There is no pattern to when they have occurred.
Since randomly braking is the next potential problem, I took it into the dealer today.
Not sure how that will go unless they can duplicate my issue.
This vehicle was a huge investment for me. I keep my vehicles for a very long time.
Not feeling safe with a new car I need for commuting to work is not what I had in mind when I went ahead and invested in the Tucson.
The FCAA can be set to off or to warning only but when you turn off the car it reverts to active assist. Therefore you must set the system each time you restart the car.
Have any of you dealt with this issue?
You can look at this thread - it maybe your case as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can look at this thread - it maybe your case as well.
Thank you for sharing this.
Reading through many of these posts
It seems in the name of safety, vehicles are overloaded with so many options that the safety features are frequently unsafe.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
148 Posts
Thank you for sharing this.
Reading through many of these posts
It seems in the name of safety, vehicles are overloaded with so many options that the safety features are frequently unsafe.
I look at it from a different angle.
First of all, of course, because I have not had such issues yet as you and others described ( knocking to the wood!).
Second, because when warning happens - and it happened to me a few times, my fault, should have paying more attention to the road, while driving - those warnings and car own preventive actions (braking) without my intervention - were really helpful. In my "defense", I can only say that I found myself paying less attention to the road situation because of all those safety implementations - they do make you feel more relaxed...again, as long as they work.
Technology is evolving with incredible speed but things can still go wrong - parts can fail, external sources may interfere, our own actions are not always though through...

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
42 Posts
Hope the dealer can help you.

I was concerned about the potential for false warnings and auto braking but in 8 months and 7,000+ kms I've had zero false warnings.

Hopefully a recalibration of the system can fix it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts