Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the i POD selected as first priority on the Blue Link Connection Priority and the phone as the second. All I get on the screen is a picture of the song being played but now sound and no movement. When I plug the phone in to Apple Car Play I get sound from the i POD Car Play is connected. Am I doing something wrong?? I cannot plug the iPod in because the Tucson USB does not recognize it ( Older i POD )

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
115 Posts
I have the i POD selected as first priority on the Blue Link Connection Priority and the phone as the second. All I get on the screen is a picture of the song being played but now sound and no movement. When I plug the phone in to Apple Car Play I get sound from the i POD Car Play is connected. Am I doing something wrong?? I cannot plug the iPod in because the Tucson USB does not recognize it ( Older i POD )
When you said "Blue Link Connection Priority", I assume you mean "Bluetooth Connection Priority". First, I would check the version and type of Bluetooth profile supported by your iPod to see if that's compatible with your head unit (look at its documentation for the versions it supports and the profile types).

Here's a decent write-up on what Bluetooth profiles are:

You may well find that the iPod you have is too old to be compatible. Most manufacturers maintain backward compatibility as long as possible but sometimes, a later standard or capability means that compatibility with legacy devices has to be sacrificed.

HTH!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you said "Blue Link Connection Priority", I assume you mean "Bluetooth Connection Priority". First, I would check the version and type of Bluetooth profile supported by your iPod to see if that's compatible with your head unit (look at its documentation for the versions it supports and the profile types).

Here's a decent write-up on what Bluetooth profiles are:

You may well find that the iPod you have is too old to be compatible. Most manufacturers maintain backward compatibility as long as possible but sometimes, a later standard or capability means that compatibility with legacy devices has to be sacrificed.

HTH!
Thanks. That makes sense. My i POD is an old version that worked in my 2016 Tucson Limited

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
34 Posts
Found this quote using Google search
I asked Hyundai spokesperson Michele Tinson about this.
“The Limited models do not have the capability due to the introductions of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,” she replied, attributing customer surveys that showed low usage rates for iPods.

·
Registered
115 Posts
“The Limited models do not have the capability due to the introductions of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,” she replied, attributing customer surveys that showed low usage rates for iPods.
Nice find .... what do you know, I guessed right saying "sometimes, a later standard or capability means that compatibility with legacy devices has to be sacrificed"! :giggle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I need to get a newer way to listen to my music, if one exist/ What take the place of an i Pod??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess I need to get a newer way to listen to my music, if one exist/ What take the place of an i Pod??
An iPhone with enough memory to do what you need phone-wise, plus enough to hold your music, I would think. That would be the most "transparent". Otherwise, just put music on whatever phone you're using, even if it's Android.

·
Registered
115 Posts
By the way I see we both have the same color, interior and exterior
Well, you must have exquisitely good taste!!! :LOL:
We're especially happy with the light interior - a nice change from oppressively-dark black and we've never been fans of brown or oxblood, sometimes on offer. Hopefully, it won't prove to be a maintenance nightmare in the long term ... kids are all adults and we're a few years away from the gran-kid stage!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, you must have exquisitely good taste!!! :LOL:
We're especially happy with the light interior - a nice change from oppressively-dark black and we've never been fans of brown or oxblood, sometimes on offer. Hopefully, it won't prove to be a maintenance nightmare in the long term ... kids are all adults and we're a few years away from the gran-kid stage!
I agree the 'light grey" looks great. Get a good leather cleaner and keep after it, especially the drivers seat and especially if you wear blue jeans. I had the light interior on my 2016 Tucson and it looked great the five years I owned it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
USB stick also works, load it up and plug it into your car. You can then select music from the head unit

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
The trouble with that solution is that this car only has a single USB port for data connections (the rest are for charging only); it’s not possible to listen to music from a USB stick while you have a phone plugged in for AA or CP.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
25 Posts
The trouble with that solution is that this car only has a single USB port for data connections (the rest are for charging only); it’s not possible to listen to music from a USB stick while you have a phone plugged in for AA or CP.
Good call. So Bluetooth devices only.

I still haven't taken delivery of my Tucson so I didn't realize some of the minor quirks yet

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts