Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh no! Hope wife is ok. Happy to share the info:
Michael Maresca, Hyundai Sales Manager Curry Hyundai 3040 East Main Street, Courtlandt Manor, NY 10567914-930-3700 Ext 3723
www.curryhyundai.com
Feel free to tell them the customer who just purchased the silver PHEV limited referred you and gave them 5star plus ratings! PS: The finance person, Juan, also matched a discount price of $1595 for the 120,000 mile/10 year Hyundai bumper to bumper extended service plan.
The next best deal was Danbury Hyundai offering at MSRP+$699Doc fee+$299.
The issue with all is supply. Check the HyundaiUSA site for inventory. You can filter for model, trim & exterior/interior color. They also show vehicles “in transit”, so you can see stock before it arrives at the dealer.
Good luck and post how it works out…

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to hear that wife and son are ok-that’s most important. FWIW, we are very very pleased with the car! I installed a charge point charger, which qualifies for a $1,000 federal tax credit and a $300 electric utility credit. Check what is available in your area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats! I am sure you will really like the car. The charger is definitely not a DIY job. I had an electrician wire a 40 amp outlet in the garage. He had to add a sub panel to my service. I got a ChargePoint charger, NEMA 6-50. That wiring is cheaper to run. It cost 2k for the electrician and 700 for the charger. Rebates of 1000 federal and 300 utility for charger install. Did you find a dealer willing to give a good(for you) price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! I am sure you will really like the car. The charger is definitely not a DIY job. I had an electrician wire a 40 amp outlet in the garage. He had to add a sub panel to my service. I got a ChargePoint charger, NEMA 6-50. That wiring is cheaper to run. It cost 2k for the electrician and 700 for the charger. Rebates of 1000 federal and 300 utility for charger install. Did you find a dealer willing to give a good(for you) price?
I followed in your footsteps --- Curry sold it at $2 k over MSRP. Can't say I am "happy" but decided that the likely aggravation in tracking down a vehicle in this unusual climate was not worth delaying.

BTW -- I mentioned the $500 NY state rebate and they advised it was not listed. However, I called the NYS program and they confirmed that it is available and e-mailed me to say the site has not been updated. It is a point of sale rebate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I followed in your footsteps --- Curry sold it at $2 k over MSRP. Can't say I am "happy" but decided that the likely aggravation in tracking down a vehicle in this unusual climate was not worth delaying.

BTW -- I mentioned the $500 NY state rebate and they advised it was not listed. However, I called the NYS program and they confirmed that it is available and e-mailed me to say the site has not been updated. It is a point of sale rebate.
Unusual times...at least you will have a car...and no state rebate for me as a CT resident.. ENJOY and have happy and SAFE holidays...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unusual times...at least you will have a car...and no state rebate for me as a CT resident.. ENJOY and have happy and SAFE holidays...
Same to you.

A further question if I may. We are thinking of just charging from a regular outlet initially. Can you advise how long the cable is that is supplied?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My included charging cable is 20 feet in length from the control box to the car charging connector and then a 2 foot cable from the control box to the plug that goes into the outlet.
Thanks for the accurate numbers! I just got about 21 feet total using my old "fingertip to opposite shoulder= 3 feet" approximation. The control box shows a 12 Amp draw, so it probably needs a circuit without much else on it. Also, with that draw for extended times I would keep an eye on the outlet to make sure nothing overheats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The included charger has a selectable amp setting with a max of 12amp. With the standard charger it takes mine almost 12 hours to fully charger on 120V. I ended up buying a level 1/2 charger from Amazon which runs at 15.5 amps from the same 120V plug and the same charge is now about 9 hours. It cost about $280 for the charger but I felt it was worth it to save the almost 3 extra hours of charging. I don't have it on a dedicated circuit and I have not had any problems but then it is a circuit in my garage that most likely doesn't have alot of draw. Our builder did not label the breakers more than "garage" so it is hard to know exactly what else may be on it but luckily I have not had any issues. The price has gone up since I bought it a week ago, but here is the link https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W8ZPZ24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Data transfer cable Tire Automotive tire Font Material property

·
Registered
13 Posts
I walked when the only the dealer wanted $4K markup on Tucson Ltd Hybrid - the one within 100 miles of Seattle. They sold it 2 days later -- probably got their $4K
I Ordered a 2022 Subaru OB Touring instead. With Subaru VIP pricing, I'm getting it for $3,500 below invoice. We really liked the Tucson but I can buy a lot of gas for the $8K savings!
FWIW, none of the Subaru dealers in the region have any 2021 / 2022s on their lots yet none of them are adding any mark up to factory orders or cars in transit. Good on Subaru!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts